King of Dhaka discussion thread

Two recent pairings of pink and orange, what I call the Dunkin' Donuts color scheme, bug me. I'm not a fan of the contrast color thread gimmick, and the lapel gorge needs to come down so these peaks stop rising above the shoulders.
2015011104.jpg

I have no idea if the tie lift here is deliberate, but if so I think it's a bit too much.
2015011204.jpg

^More egregious by far, I think, is the mismatch between the necktie and pocket square. That's a horrible color combination!

I really do want to ask if his region has some different sensibilities about color or if he has problems with visual differentiation or is just intentionally jarring.

The navy db isn't too bad. What's going on with the right sleeve?
I'd like to believe this would look better were he not experiencing 98% personal humidity. Beyond the mysterious fabric warps, all is well in my book.

dig the fabric not the tie. any reason he would get a hacking ticket pocket. weird.
2015012508.jpg
I have a fondness for the low-overlap DB for some reason. I'm similarly puzzled by the ticket pocket.
I love the colors on top, but the knit tie and vest is odd to me and the black bottom half is too stark.
Weird coat button placement, that ticket pocket. I find the shoes too light and the pink pocket square does not play well with a scarlet striped tie in my book.

Someone needs to interview the King's tailor(s). I am amazed that they do the tricky and time consuming pattern match on the gorge like this
2015012709.jpg
while the back still looks like this
2015012708.jpg

Anybody else here think his coat would look better as a 4X2 rather than a 6X2? And what's with the ticket pocket on the left side? That's a new one on me!

Certainly given the button colour and the way, way out too buttons i think I could dig that.

He has been tinkering with left ticket pockets as well as using a hacking ticket pocket with standard pockets

He is running amok

This one oddly works IMO, although a blue shirt would be better.
The fit seems to be a major improvement and the colors and patterns, while not the most traditional or staid, are harmonious. Except the "lemon" shirt, which hates gray.

The King goes DB yesterday and today. Today's is a 6x1. Peal lapel pin with Kotex string
2015021605.jpg

Yesterday he went either Louis Farrakhan or Will Boehlke
2015021503.jpg

How come the buttons of one DB coat can be connected by a relatively straight line, and those on the other are totally different?
And what is that loop? Is that some Luca-esque frippery?

^Yeah, I liked the button placement on the grayish-tan plaid suit much better than that on the navy job. As I commented on one of his earlier DB efforts, the navy suit would look better as a 4x2, at least in my inexpert opinion.

I agree. If you don't pay attention to the uppermost buttons it looks rather nice as a 4x2

are thos lyrics from bangladeshi song ?

jes jes
imagine
all the dancing
and happYness
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp
happy happy
happy
hpayypyp

He's asymptotically getting there. The first hat is all wrong, off-white and white together seems off, but previous sins of bizarre color mismatches are no longer present, and he stopped the poofy pocket square affect.

I thought he was aiming for plantation owner, but he's pulling it off better than many native Southerners currently do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom