King of Dhaka discussion thread

I've said it before in this thread, but I'll say it again: If every man emulated the King, the world would be a much more elegant place.

What l like about the King is that he seems to be enjoying his hobby. I like him because what you see is what you get. None of this big giant ego pretentiousness guff that you often see around. He's probably an alright bloke.

Another thing is that he doesn't pose like a model...he is just an everyday bloke earning a living. It's interesting how he is the only one at the work place wearing a suit by the look of it, so it shows he does enjoy clothes. Doesn't look like he is a boss either because he seems to stand poutside his cubicle every day, so yes he is definely a big clothing fan and not neccessarily required to wear a suit everyday.

If he came to Oz i'd be happy to say `G'day' to him.

What l like about the King is that he seems to be enjoying his hobby. I like him because what you see is what you get. None of this big giant ego pretentiousness guff that you often see around. He's probably an alright bloke.

Another thing is that he doesn't pose like a model...he is just an everyday bloke earning a living. It's interesting how he is the only one at the work place wearing a suit by the look of it, so it shows he does enjoy clothes. Doesn't look like he is a boss either because he seems to stand poutside his cubicle every day, so yes he is definely a big clothing fan and not neccessarily required to wear a suit everyday.

If he came to Oz i'd be happy to say `G'day' to him.

He is the big boss. Big money. His IT $ has been channeled into his own tailor shop to make his bespoke and for other customers

He is trying to raise the profile of dressing well in his part of the world

Another thing is that he doesn't pose like a model
I often mention how any online menwear shot is taking several minutes and several shots and all, but this is the one exception where he clearly spends about half a minute on it and is unconcerned if the photo is blurry, the clothes look rumpled, he has visible crap in his pocket, etc.

I like the coat color, but there's lots of issues here.
2015071607.jpg

Why a peak lapel? Isn't the button hole usually angled with a peak lapel? Why such coarse pick stitching? Trim that tag of the pocket square or at least hide it! I will never get the patch ticket pocket. And that button is going to blow. Bow tie a bit wide for the lapels too...
Lastly, paging butthole expert LKP LKP , isn't a keyhole slot on the lapel taboo?

Last edited:
I know different cultures have different ideas about colours, but.....minty green pomtz, azure jacket, baby pink shirt and multi-coloured polka dots?

The stitching is just brutal as well.

2015071607.jpg

Why a peak lapel? Isn't the button hole usually angled with a peak lapel? Why such coarse pick stitching? Trim that tag of the pocket square or at least hide it! I will never get the patch ticket pocket. And that button is going to blow. Bow tie a bit wide for the lapels too...
Lastly, paging butthole expert LKP LKP , isn't a keyhole slot on the lapel taboo?

2015071607.jpg

Slot is ok
That is
Not ok but ok

Good to see the King back in action. I like how he doesn't smile and how it looks like he is sucking on a lolly in the corner of his mouth or something. Gotta love the King.

Last edited:
2015071607.jpg

Missed this first time. I OLO-ed hard seeing that tag.

Any new pics of the King? It's been over two months and has seemed like forever. I definitely think this thread is well overdue for some new pics of the King. I like how the King is just himself without trying to be something else. No fancyness or model smiles, he is just the King, and a true blue clothing junkie, and that is why we love him. He is just an ordinary bloke who enjoys clothes. He might have plenty of money, but he is still an ordinary bloke at heart. I'd have no problems saying g'day to the King.

Looks like the King has bought yet another pair of shoes, some side lacers this time. Would have liked to have seen him in bone/cream coloured pants at the lightest. The white pants doesn't quite work

In a lot of his pix, the King looks as if he would be very much at home at the Kentucky Derby...or has someone said that already?

I've said it before, the king is a great dresser. It's just unfortunate the quality and taste level of his local tailor and the quality of his cloth. With a proper English tailor he really would look part.

I actually like this. It is hideous, but as usual The King pulls it off. There's no excuse for those shoos though.

The King hasn't got much colour co-ordination, but his attitude (comes out in the photos) carries him everytime and makes him get away with things that many men couldn't. The king can do anything, and that is why he is the King. He has this enthusiasm and lovable charm that is infectous to see, and it enables audiences to get on his side and root for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom