King of Dhaka discussion thread

Thruth

Big Winter Daddy
Thruth Thruth brought him to our attention, and I think others are about as fascinated by him and his wardrobe choices as I am. Also, nobody posts enough fit pics, so we must import fodder.

http://kingofdhaka.com/

I'll get to style later, but the thing that continually bugs me with his coats is that big of excess at the back around the arms. You'd think someone would've figured out how to take this in properly by now. Or does he significantly improve his posture when posing?
dsc_0047.jpg

For real, has anyone explicitly invited him over? I'd love to ask him some stuff and I think he might welcome the Western sensibilities of our members.

Well I just did a vague forum invite via the comments on the blog, as I can't find other contact means.
It seems that Zhirinovsky scared Christopher Berry away, so it would be nice if the shenanigans could be checked when we have guests...

Well I just did a vague forum invite via the comments on the blog, as I can't find other contact means.
It seems that Zhirinovsky scared Christopher Berry away, so it would be nice if the shenanigans could be checked when we have guests...

If you go to his blog and go down to the comments, somewhere in there he lists his personal email address

I think we would have to "purge" some of the nastier stuff posted in the Disagreeable forum and elsewhere if we are thinking of inviting him to join.
Did I miss some posts that were awful? If you point them out I will weed them from our garden.

The suit fabric is an awesome houndstooth today but too much red everywhere else.
http://kingofdhaka.com/2014/08/20/what-i-am-wearing-today-20-august-2014/

too much red. the description is out of sync with the pic plus his watch day/date hasn't worked since at least May 30th:

Today I am wearing a black/gray woolen hound’s-tooth single breasted hand-made 100% silk lined suit with a ticket pocket, a blue and pink striped cotton shirt with French cuffs, a light blue silk tie with small paisley patterns, a blue silk pocket square with pink dots and borders, and a pair of black cap-toed oxford shoes.
2014082001.jpg

too much red. the description is out of sync with the pic plus his watch day/date hasn't worked since at least May 30th:

Today I am wearing a black/gray woolen hound’s-tooth single breasted hand-made 100% silk lined suit with a ticket pocket, a blue and pink striped cotton shirt with French cuffs, a light blue silk tie with small paisley patterns, a blue silk pocket square with pink dots and borders, and a pair of black cap-toed oxford shoes.
2014082001.jpg
Good catch on the watch! Looks like he forgot to update the template. I'd let him know, but moderated comments are no fun.

Yes, this is an uprcrust level of color coordination. I dig the contrast tab collar, if not the choice of other fabric. Blurry batch of photos today.
His watches are always pretty scratched up. Is there not a jeweler with a buffing wheel around? Or is the camera flash just harsh?
I actually like a good old beat to shit watch.

2014082003.jpg

I seriously don't know how y'all can keep it together looking at this picture. I'm about to pee myself.

I submitted a blog comment pretty expicitly inviting him over and nothing came of that so I sent a direct e-mail to the same effect this morning. I'm too lazy to figure out what time it is over there.

Nothing yet for today.
Blurry batch of photos today.
Most days the photos are taken by an office colleague using a low-end Samsung digital camera. Also, I have very little time for these snaps resulting in poor quality images. I think I need to invest in a good camera and also a better photographer. Thanks for bringing the issue to my notice. Shahzaman.
By the way, today’s photos were taken by my tab’s built in camera.
http://kingofdhaka.com/2014/08/19/what-i-am-wearing-today-19-august-2014/#comments

2014082405.jpg

The date code is wrong. The hankie is a bit too red, and the blue button holes are affected. The lapels are odd for the fabric, and the collar is very long and one side is curled up. I could wear this outfit without much embarrassment, so big win really.

That tie is fantastic. I'd wear it easily. Gianni - eat your thirsty heart out.

Do they not have collar stays in India?
I think the need for the King to tell people how to dress implies that they are not that commonly available. Where would one find a pair so long anyway? My limited experience with club collars is that they are not meant for stays, because presumably one is so olde timey that a collar pin or something will be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom