Leather Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
As above, I know nothing about them but I want to add one to my wardrobe to pair it with jeans. What style should I look for? I kinda like the pilot jacket like the WWII pilots used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bingo, the A2 bomber in a rich brown is about the only style that has withstood any test of time.
There are probably many makers of this style, and I can't claim to know of even a few. I just know Schott.

I have a shearling jacket (old WWII style) which I love. Warmest jacket ever, cut so that I can sit, drive, fly and ride in it. Elegant over tweed trousers and blue shirt, rugged over jeans and a white t-shirt. I get some good-natured ribbing at the flying club, but damn its a functional jacket.

I've actually been looking for some super-cheap jackets. I'd like to add in a few biker jackets in brown and black, summer and winter weight, but paying a maximum of £150-£200 each. Given that I want at least four and I only wear casual clothing one day per week it seems stupid to spend Schott money on experimental items.

Would appreciate a lot if you could post some pics of the styles you mentioned cause I don't know how they look. :challengefailed:

I have a coat that I love but it's way too warm. For example I took it yesterday to go to dinner and when I was walking from the car to the mall it was all good, but at the restaurant I took it off, had a couple of wine glasses, got warmer and when I left I was sweating a lot. A leather jacket would been a lot better.

This is the coat. I feel I page my inner Bane when I wear this. :LOLguy:

tumblr_mtbzadFvJw1spqdezo1_500.jpg

I have a shearling jacket (old WWII style) which I love. Warmest jacket ever, cut so that I can sit, drive, fly and ride in it. Elegant over tweed trousers and blue shirt, rugged over jeans and a white t-shirt. I get some good-natured ribbing at the flying club, but damn its a functional jacket.

I've actually been looking for some super-cheap jackets. I'd like to add in a few biker jackets in brown and black, summer and winter weight, but paying a maximum of £150-£200 each. Given that I want at least four and I only wear casual clothing one day per week it seems stupid to spend Schott money on experimental items.
Schott/Aero are really the entry level of the quality leather jacket universe, no?

Discussion has moved to the new leather jacket thread. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom