Made in Chelsea

Panama

Well I just submitted my offer for a store in the heart of Chelsea's Kings Road area.
Hopefully I will be successful this time.
Our offers in Fulham Road, Church Road Kensington and Chelsea Green have all been unsuccessful. I would imagine there are 10 proposals being put forward for the deadline on Monday.

Well I just submitted my offer for a store in the heart of Chelsea's Kings Road area.
Hopefully I will be successful this time.
Our offers in Fulham Road, Church Road Kensington and Chelsea Green have all been unsuccessful. I would imagine there are 10 proposals being put forward for the deadline on Monday.
I am surprised with the problems of retailers that you cannot get a shop - even in these areas.

As I have previously posted, I have a knitwear project with a Merino wool farmer in Australia. I was going to buy yarn from Zegna Baruffa, but I am having trouble getting responses from knitters. Hopefully having a B&M store will resolve that. I also have a sleepwear project. We have technical designs and textile designs. We just need our selected textile printer to be up and running. Then there is the search for another manufacturer as the previous factory went under during the pandemic.

Anything else we will stock will be wholesale, I am assuming we should be able to stock Smedley, Hanro, Perofil etc.

Any suggestions for brands are welcome.
It's an affluent area, but this would be King's Road not Sloane Street pricing.

Last edited:
This is pertinent to my interests
I have several male and female tech packs for our sleepwear collection. We have textile designs for women's cotton lawn pj's. I am going to source linen and Filo di Scozia jersey for men. Hopefully we will have the lawn rotary printed this autumn.

why don't you try in Spain?

Look for clustertextil in Igualada (Barcelona) or Igualada Fashion Cluster# (can't find a link in English) There are 100s of knitters in the Anoia county, 65kms north west of Barcelona.

why don't you try in Spain?

Look for clustertextil in Igualada (Barcelona) or Igualada Fashion Cluster# (can't find a link in English) There are 100s of knitters in the Anoia county, 65kms north west of Barcelona.
Do you have any direct web links?

Thanks

As I have previously posted, I have a knitwear project with a Merino wool farmer in Australia. I was going to buy yarn from Zegna Baruffa, but I am having trouble getting responses from knitters. Hopefully having a B&M store will resolve that. I also have a sleepwear project. We have technical designs and textile designs. We just need our selected textile printer to be up and running. Then there is the search for another manufacturer as the previous factory went under during the pandemic.

Anything else we will stock will be wholesale, I am assuming we should be able to stock Smedley, Hanro, Perofil etc.

Any suggestions for brands are welcome.
It's an affluent area, but this would be King's Road not Sloane Street pricing.
Any update about this?

I haven't received any news on the store.
The 2022 knitwear project is plodding along slowly

Well the store maybe mine, the update in August was that they had chosen the proposed tenant but negotiations were not proceeding well. I left various voicemails, and the agent has now called and advised they have ended discussions with the preferred tenant and its mine for taking if I meet the higher rent the preferred tenant offered...

Waiting for paperwork...

The dream is currently on pause as we haven't been offered the store after all. The landlord wants to stick with the preferred tenant despite the agent recommending us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom