Mens sandals

Ha, good one Walter. C&J of course. I might even wear mine tomorrow evening. It is going to be hot. I forgot l even had them. Might even do a pic.
How do you feel with your sandals? It's a delicate subject indeed. I don't like them myself, but it's all about the right attitude, as often in matter of style. If you feel fine and comfortable wearing sandals, you should. I wore sandals as a child and remember that my father and grandfather wore some as well. In Walter's post above the look is pretty decent. I wonder however if those sandals, which are mostly regular shoes with some openings, can really have some advantages.

How do you feel with your sandals?

It is something l would not wear in the city, but l would wear them at home or up the local shops on a really hot day, and always with socks. Shorts worn only at home.

It's a delicate subject indeed. I don't like them myself, but it's all about the right attitude, as often in matter of style.
I am not a big fan of them, but they are great on a hot day. I like that my sandals are goodyear welted.

I wonder however if those sandals, which are mostly regular shoes with some openings, can really have some advantages.

Yes, they are cooler in summer.

It is something l would not wear in the city, but l would wear them at home or up the local shops on a really hot day, and always with socks. Shorts worn only at home.

I am not a big fan of them, but they are great on a hot day. I like that my sandals are goodyear welted.

Yes, they are cooler in summer.
Hey The Shooman The Shooman i was thinking of you last nice as I was surfing the Handmacher Shoes website and saw their sandals. You can MTO them for around €300 too. Choose your skin, width, soles.
6CF011E7-B55E-4221-BA9B-D0254EAE267F.jpeg
356B348A-8F93-4546-B527-CD2C89E337D4.jpeg

I wear lace up espadrilles or deck shoes.
I have five pairs of espadrilles. They are like wearing slippers. Four in that style below on the right.

20180521_172028.jpg

61kRJn41LHL._AC_UY1000_ML2_.jpg

My current deck shoes are Sebago, but I want a pair of Sperry's or Chathams.

Last edited:
Out of an abundance of caution, I will still be wearing two pairs of socks with my sandals.

I am a lumpen with a $50 budget for sandals. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing most of those leather sandals Shooman posted either. 🤢
The question is: do you really need a pair of (ugly) sandals? I can understand that they could be very comfortable, but I would never wear them in a normal public context: the only legitimate use (if ever) should be at home. But then why not some slippers?

Mens-Matt-Black-Calf-Leather-Slippers-Shoes-Handmade-in-England-by-Arthur-Sleep-Top.jpg
Men-s-leather-slippers-with-anti-slip-sole.47894_1f6.jpg
bowhill-elliott-deerskin-leather-slipper_605x605_8340.jpg

I keep a pair of ‘flip flops’ as the Americans call them by the door. I’ll slip them on if I need to run out to the garage for something or check the mail.

I’ve hated sandals with a passion from about 7 years of age. My mother wanted me to wear them and I ultimately refused. Flip-flops are even uglier to me. The name already. It is named after the disgusting sound they make. I do not like male feet and don’t want to present mine towards the public. There are light loafers for such occasions or, old Timberland boat shoes.

I’ve hated sandals with a passion from about 7 years of age. My mother wanted me to wear them and I ultimately refused. Flip-flops are even uglier to me. The name already. It is named after the disgusting sound they make. I do not like male feet and don’t want to present mine towards the public. There are light loafers for such occasions or, old Timberland boat shoes.
Or Crocs...

Flip Flops were popular when I was a teenager because they were related to surfers. Man, I cannot think of a more uncomfortable shoe. They are not even useful in the sand of the beach.

Sandals are generally ugly but I like how they look like in the feet when I see historical documentaries.

In summer, with shorts or with sport trousers I only wear espadrilles or unlined canvas sneakers with rubber soles. I have no boat, so no boat shoes for me.

Not to be forgotten: flip-flops are fixed in between your great toe and the next. It is utterly disgusting and not even tolerable on a woman of class.

Sandals are only ok for the 2 promen of history

Mose
JesusChrist

For the rest of nowadays mortals only use is to shower on gyms or go in/out of the beach.

Period.

For the sandal wearers, in the summer in tropical climes and here in the Netherlands a temperate so called North Sea climate, don't you get savaged by mosquitos and the likes? All around your ankles and exposed parts of your foot?

Here we have particularly aggressive mosquitos and ''fruit'' flies during the summer.

For the sandal wearers, in the summer in tropical climes and here in the Netherlands a temperate so called North Sea climate, don't you get savaged by mosquitos and the likes? All around your ankles and exposed parts of your foot?

Here we have particularly aggressive mosquitos and ''fruit'' flies during the summer.
i mean yeah, you get the occasional bite, but i've never heard of someone swearing off wearing sandals because of bug bites. just like you wouldn't stop going outside. you put your bug spray on and you deal with it if its that bad.

I worked in the Bolivia rain forest in sandals and shorts. Muskol repellent is all you need and don't wear a rubber watch strap because it will eat it. It was worse camping in the Sandilands swamplands in Manitoba where there were black clouds of them. Liberal doses of repellent. Inuvik had mosquitos, black flies and noseeums. People still wore sandals. And nets on their heads.

The skeeters here can be bad. Not as bad as Winnipeg but they do residential spraying. But if they drive you inside it isn't because of them biting your sandal-clad ankles and toes.

Besides, you can invest in propane powered mosquito magnet killing machines, geographic sonic repellent, citronella candles and doo doo coils. But the best defence for defenceless ankle and toes for sandal wearers is to have a screen between you and the skeeters especially when relaxing after dusk.

You can still get your hands on malathion and you can fog your property. In sandals. If you are wired to wear sandals that is.

I spent a year in West Africa without get bitten that often, and that was with the risk of malaria. I didn't wear sandals, but I was a fan of Puma sliders.

I keep a pair of ‘flip flops’ as the Americans call them by the door. I’ll slip them on if I need to run out to the garage for something or check the mail.
That's because that's what they are called. And they are the single greatest bit of footwear ever conceived

That's because that's what they are called. And they are the single greatest bit of footwear ever conceived
I just ordered a new pair for by Reef for wearing around the pool. I lolled at the built-in bottle opener.

47CC379F-0450-4BAB-8974-1AD4ED97D05A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom