Menswear Experts - Do as I Say Not as I Do?

I forgot, the Spanish tacky blogger invited one of the most horrid shoemakers, the one who Jacomet shills, Corthay, a real poor shoemaker.

Ugly squared shoes, rainbow colours as the ugly ones of Lino Lettuce , the Arca ugly fashion shoe with 2 eyelets, in resume a shoe you will never see on a classic code dresser but only on bloggers, same as the monks or similar horrid stuff.

But are they well made?

sarto - I have never had a spanish aristocrat, or even a lowly English one, ask me to go to bed with him or an Italian taccy ask me for sex either.

What am I doing wrong? Shirts?

To be fair to manton I think his whole schtick is that quintessential usa conservative (and hes lived the big C conservative politics too) suburban thing of not standing out, soporific ties, subdued shirts, plain blue and grey suits, no frippery, black shoes etc.

For all his faults he does walk his own talk.

So I don't really see how he can be criticized on that count.

Flusser just does his own thing. Hes not climbing any corporate ladder. Its a usa idea of a louche english dishevelment. I think hes got it more than a bit wrong but its no great problem to me. I'm not aware he holds his own current style out as anything other than just what he does. I must admit the shorts etc at Pitti does "do me 'ead in guv"

To be fair to manton I think his whole schtick is that quintessential usa conservative (and hes lived the big C conservative politics too) suburban thing of not standing out, soporific ties, subdued shirts, plain blue and grey suits, no frippery, black shoes etc.

The fault is he can't seem to get clothes that fit, or are remotely proportioned to his body, and he ends up looking like a dead ringer for a Jos A Bank salesman.

Ugly squared shoes, rainbow colours as the ugly ones of Lino Lettuce , the Arca ugly fashion shoe with 2 eyelets, in resume a shoe you will never see on a classic code dresser but only on bloggers, same as the monks or similar horrid stuff.

Hey Sartodi Napoli Sartodi Napoli your hyped shoe brand SANTONI also puts out some real monstrosities at times. Why do you support them?

Flusser just does his own thing. Hes not climbing any corporate ladder. Its a usa idea of a louche english dishevelment. I think hes got it more than a bit wrong but its no great problem to me. I'm not aware he holds his own current style out as anything other than just what he does. I must admit the shorts etc at Pitti does "do me 'ead in guv"

Jimmy Frost Mellor you have hit upon one of the reasons that I started this thread. Is the way the "expert" dresses himself independent of the quality of the information he provides?

Hey Sartodi Napoli Sartodi Napoli your hyped shoe brand SANTONI also puts out some real monstrosities at times. Why do you support them?

119318008_a0d9d5afaa_z.jpg

unfortunately no. a lot of cardboard and gemming failure in their RTW line. septieme largeur with a heavy price tag ...

Interesting. I seem to recall JRMan and or Bengal speaking highly of them. slightly below Berluti & Aubercy. Were these failures done when they were subbing out their RTW to a third party or after they started doing them in their own factory?

sarto - I have never had a spanish aristocrat, or even a lowly English one, ask me to go to bed with him or an Italian taccy ask me for sex either.

Plackets. It's all about the plackets. If you gott'em, the men stay away. Unshirt for the win!

Interesting. I seem to recall JRMan and or Bengal speaking highly of them. slightly below Berluti & Aubercy. Were these failures done when they were subbing out their RTW to a third party or after they started doing them in their own factory?

I don't remember the position of the two guys. tbh, I didn't pay to much attention on their business model/strategy, too. although not a friend of dissections per se, there was one on the old german shoeforum. probably CW has it on file.

I have to admit that sometimes it is difficult to evaluate the total quality on a pair of shoes. corthay, despite the fancy finishing striked me always as a bit flimsy, if this makes sense.

Aubercy, not only visual, is in a different league, imo. understood, I'm only talking about RTW.

But are they well made?

Who cares if are tacky and horrid? BMW cars are very well made but are horrid ( except the M3 series and a few models).

unfortunately no. a lot of cardboard and gemming failure in their RTW line. septieme largeur with a heavy price tag ...

Jajjaja

The blogger is not a real aristocrat, just is being nicknamed that way. If you want to be anally sucesful, i am the less indicate to give lessons. Or maybe i am too aryan and make those degenerates get attracted by me and my pure kind.

He is a terrible dresser with 4 sizes more and poor fit, is one of the worst dressers around but on the contrary as a pure narcissistics, he dares to ask for the ban of serious dressers as me, he asked for my ban that nerdy effeminate with poor garments as well as banned some nice people. He might be one of the closeted gheys on conservative files as too many traitors are.

But are they well made?

Santoni does one of the best classic lines and the high line made by hand. Basics for a classic wardrobe, sure not the fashionist things they do for perhaps shops as Lino Lettuce.

I think Manton's not getting a fair shake here with the photos. Yukio and Alden seem to be in more posed, better-composed pictures, while Manton's are more candid, everyday random stuff. I'd like to think he'd fare much better under the conditions Alden and Yukio enjoyed.

I think Manton's not getting a fair shake here with the photos. Yukio and Alden seem to be in more posed, better-composed pictures, while Manton's are more candid, everyday random stuff. I'd like to think he'd fare much better under the conditions Alden and Yukio enjoyed.

I'd actually say the opposite. I think candids generally make people look a lot better. People are too self conscious in posed pictures unless they are pro models.

This Will dude is cracking me up. His last two gheyzette entries are about wearing a huge scarf in the summer instead of a tie, and brown tuxedoes. I am totally serious.
http://asuitablewardrobe.blogspot.com/2014/09/tieless.html
http://asuitablewardrobe.blogspot.com/2014/09/midnight-brown.html

oh, oh, i think ConchitaWurst ConchitaWurst has identified this behaviour as the onset of a second mid-life crisis not unlike the one that Butler is undergoing, where he is trying to dress more like Coxsackie (sp.) [Cocksackie, Kawksackie, Kochsakky, Kawasaki, Kurasawa I never get the spelling right]

But, if he is advocating summer scarves and brown polyester black tie rigs, just don't do as he says nor do as he does

FWIW, Noel Coward rocked a brown DJ. I also happen to like unfused shirt collars for all but the most formal looks.

With a lot of the men cited here, regular visits to a barber and a gym would do much to enhance their appearance. I know that Manton is working out now, so maybe we'll see a newer, more buff Manton. We probably should draw a sharper line between body type and good taste sartorially, the former being much harder to control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom