Mexico and it's political system.

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
Hi everyone.

I was reading a Facebook status of a friend and I must say that I was quite impressed with what I read. The story goes something like this.

This next 7th of July, there are going to be elections in a state called Veracruz. As usual the same political parties are involved, PAN, PRI, PRD... you name it. But a gruop of citizens propossed a cat, as a contender. It's called "El Candigato Morris".
http://www.elcandigato.com/

At first it was kind of a joke to the other contenders, but know it has gained a lot of followers are power, people showing that they are tired of the political parties that are always involved in Mexico. It has gained a lot of followers and power, that the IFE, which is the organization that controls all the electoral procesess in Mexico is worrying about it. They are emitting notes and thru interviews the message: "Don't vote for this contender".

Then they back up their message by saying that all those votes are going to be null and probably the next contender will win the election. I must say that this is quite disappointing and makes me feel a bit angry. I think this should serve to the IFE and to somebody that I really don't know who will be (I'm not that into political themes) that we are getting tired of the same thing. People promising things that when they reach the power they forget about them and they only care for the money and the power. This should impulse a new way to select the candidates.

As far as I know if a contender get a certain percentage of the votes, it should be considered. So why does the votes are going to be nullfied if it reaches that percentage?

But the part that bothers me the most, is that this contender hasn't received any money from the IFE, which the other parties had and no one knows what they have done with it.

This kind of stories sometimes makes me sad.

Here's a link to a note of the Universal, I tried to fiend something in english but couldn't find one:
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/928983.html

Oh yeah... and the image of the campaing is this one, looks familiar to you Grand Potentate Grand Potentate ?

facebook_header_MORRIS-11-865x471.jpg

Wouldn't the fact that he's not a sentient human being eliminate Morris from the possibility of running?

Not that I want to pander for PRI or PAN either; Mexico's parties are almost as messed up as the US.

This cat was at a bar I happened into once in Xalapa (I think?). I disagreed with his position on not being a dog.

Wouldn't the fact that he's not a sentient human being eliminate Morris from the possibility of running?

Not that I want to pander for PRI or PAN either; Mexico's parties are almost as messed up as the US.

Don't know that. But I was reading today that some say the votes will count and if he reaches 20% of the votes, the election would be nullified. That is good. I would wish tho, that the IFE use his powers to retrieve the others contestants of any political activity, since this is prove that people doesn't trust them.

This cat was at a bar I happened into once in Xalapa (I think?). I disagreed with his position on not being a dog.

Hahahaha love this comment, Hoss. Definitely I would like him to be a dog, but you know the interwebz and it's love for the cats. :LOLguy-88:

A cat has been the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska for over 15 years. I've been there and seen him, much the same as my experience with Morris in Xalapa(?), I was disappointed that the cat was indeed a cat and not a dog... which is superior in orders of magnitude.

Did you know that the Inuit/Eskimo word for 'cat' is 'pussi' and that I hate them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom