Migrants and asylum seekers coming into Canada

Whatever happened with the Hollywood elite actors who wanted to move to Canada if Trump becomes president?
Weather not warm enough to wear tiny dresses/ slutty outfits?

They're too busy molesting each other, or covering up for molesting each other...

This is how the generous welfare states will be collapsed.

Because some people in the world are copulating generously and gifting us their spawn?

I think 4 children nets you about 2000 CAD a month in child benefits; about entry level middle class. I am not sure if you have more children whether the pay out is the same per child or there is a logarithmic or exponential curve.

Because some people in the world are copulating generously and gifting us their spawn?

I think 4 children nets you about 2000 CAD a month in child benefits; about entry level middle class. I am not sure if you have more children whether the pay out is the same per child or there is a logarithmic or exponential curve.

The old adage is true: you cannot have open borders and welfare states.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-john-tory-refugee-letter-toronto-mps-1.4722037

"According to the letter, there are more than 3,000 refugee claimants and asylum seekers being housed in Toronto's shelters and hotels....In the report, the interim city manager says council has earmarked more than $64.5 million in its last two operating budgets to meet the needs of refugee claimants."

$64,500,000 / 3,000 refugees = $21,500 per year = $1791 per month. My rent isn't even that high for my flat. Where do they live?!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-john-tory-refugee-letter-toronto-mps-1.4722037

"According to the letter, there are more than 3,000 refugee claimants and asylum seekers being housed in Toronto's shelters and hotels....In the report, the interim city manager says council has earmarked more than $64.5 million in its last two operating budgets to meet the needs of refugee claimants."

$64,500,000 / 3,000 refugees = $21,500 per year = $1791 per month. My rent isn't even that high for my flat. Where do they live?!

It also includes $10 per adult for food in hotels + a flat rate of $50 for each child. At one point there were 600 refugees in Toronto hotels, so that could easily amount to millions after 3 months in hotels.

Here is the press release from the city:

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-117643.pdf

The $64.5 Million was a projection based on 40% of the shelter system occupied by refugee/asylum claimants. The rest for hotel rooms and they are predicting a need for 2000 hotel rooms.

Direct costs for refugees was $7.6 million in the first quarter and the projection is for the budget to be gone at the end of this month leading to a $30 million shortfall for the rest of the year.

2000 hotel rooms x $100 per day = $200,000 per day.

Not hard to see how t he costs can accrue

It also includes $10 per adult for food in hotels + a flat rate of $50 for each child. At one point there were 600 refugees in Toronto hotels, so that could easily amount to millions after 3 months in hotels.

Here is the press release from the city:

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-117643.pdf

The $64.5 Million was a projection based on 40% of the shelter system occupied by refugee/asylum claimants. The rest for hotel rooms and they are predicting a need for 2000 hotel rooms.

Direct costs for refugees was $7.6 million in the first quarter and the projection is for the budget to be gone at the end of this month leading to a $30 million shortfall for the rest of the year.

2000 hotel rooms x $100 per day = $200,000 per day.

Not hard to see how t he costs can accrue

And not hard to see where the generous welfare states are heading in Europe. We must be mad, literally mad......

“Whenever prisoners were transferred to Manus, they were shown an ‘orientation video‘ recorded by Australia’s new minister for immigration and border protection, Scott Morrison. ’You will never live in Australia,‘ he said. ‘If you are found not to be a refugee, you will remain in this camp until you decide to go home.‘ It was so bleak and demoralizing. There was only so much of this we could tolerate. Morrison’s threat that we would spend years in detention was like a nonstop finger in the eye.”

Thank you Australians for sending him our way.

"The New York Post has reported that migrants in New York City are being given free bus tickets to Plattsburgh, New York state, about 20 miles (32km) south of the Canadian border. From there, they pay taxis and shuttles to take them to Quebec.

Quebec immigration minister Christine Fréchette told reporters in Montreal that the development was 'surprising'.

She said it highlighted the need to 'solve the problem of Roxham Road', referring to an unofficial border crossing south of Montreal used by thousands of asylum seekers every year."

I hope the folks who chose this route know that if you don't plan on speaking French you won't get any joy in Quebec. It's bad enough to internally migrate to Quebec.

"The New York Post has reported that migrants in New York City are being given free bus tickets to Plattsburgh, New York state, about 20 miles (32km) south of the Canadian border. From there, they pay taxis and shuttles to take them to Quebec.

Quebec immigration minister Christine Fréchette told reporters in Montreal that the development was 'surprising'.

She said it highlighted the need to 'solve the problem of Roxham Road', referring to an unofficial border crossing south of Montreal used by thousands of asylum seekers every year."

I hope the folks who chose this route know that if you don't plan on speaking French you won't get any joy in Quebec. It's bad enough to internally migrate to Quebec.
The IRB processes asylum claims regionally - in the Eastern region the processing centre is in Montreal - and if successful the individual gets PR and can live anywhere in the country.

Can I do that? I’d love to live in Canada.
The RCMP has trailers there for filling out your paperwork right there. They will give you an open work permit too.

Your only problem is being American. Not enough of a shithole yet.

At the U.S.-Mexico border, desperate migrants have sights set on Canada

“Like so many such migrants now massing at the U.S.-Mexico border, their immediate goal is to find a way into the United States. But the couple's long-term target, as with countless others who've made it to Juarez, is Canada.

Why Canada? Entry into the U.S., be it legally or otherwise, remains extremely complicated and word has spread among migrants in Juarez that Canada is likely a significantly better landing spot.

’My goal is Canada,‘ he said. ’I feel there are opportunities there for Latinos that the U.S. doesn't offer.’”

Spanish is not an official language here.

Hundreds of refugees, asylum seekers who had been camped downtown moved

"...shelter system operates at full capacity most nights. Of the 9,000 people who rely on the system, about 35 per cent are refugees, according to city staff.

Several hundred people have been camped outside a city shelter intake office on Peter Street for weeks. Pastor Judith Jones said Tuesday that after weeks of living rough, buses began bringing those asylum seekers to Revivaltime Tabernacle on Dufferin Street yesterday evening.

Men are currently housed in the facility's gymnasium, while women — including some who are pregnant — were put into two large rooms. All of the refugees and asylum seekers were given an opportunity to shower, James said, and provided with a dinner of pizza and chicken wings. The Jamaican Canadian Association is set to provide breakfast this morning, James said, and nurses will be on site to provide medical care to anyone who needs it."

Time to bus them to the PM's home like our US counterparts do.

"On the international student front, we recommend reintroducing the cap on foreign students’ off-campus work hours at 20 a week; it was waived in October, 2022, and recently extended to April 30, 2024. The punting of this issue down the road is unhelpful in restoring predictability for prospective foreign students. Study permits have become de facto work permits incentivizing migrants whose primary objective is accessing Canadian jobs, not human capital investments."

Full-time jobs get you points for your permanent residency application. If you work 40, 50, 60 hours a week - when do you have time to finish your degree? Back door immigration.

Plus it's known we don't track you if your student visa expires. Time to start confiscating passports.

"It’s common for people from Punjab to move to Canada. When I was finishing high school, in 2020, many of my friends had already made the move, and they spoke of Canada as a kind of dreamland.

I was in Seneca’s student federation offices when the Canadian government made an announcement that shocked me: it was reducing the number of study permits it granted for new international students by 35 per cent.

Since the announcement, I’ve been full of doubt about my choice to come to Canada. Many of my fellow international students have told me they’re grateful for the announcement because it has exposed Canada’s true feelings about immigrants: we are not welcome here. I can’t help but agree...If such a drastic decision could come into effect so quickly, what else might change tomorrow? Part of me wonders if this announcement is only the beginning of a slew of laws and policies that are hostile toward immigrants.

...I know there’s a vocal minority that believes we are responsible for many of the country’s problems. They blame us for how expensive housing is getting and even accuse us of stealing their jobs.

I’ve started considering whether I should move to another country, maybe the United Arab Emirates or the US....but I have to take care of myself. I need to live in a place where people can see my value."

No better place where people can see your value better than filthy rich Arabs in the Emirates who will work you to a stub or land of Trumpist patriots.

"It’s common for people from Punjab to move to Canada. When I was finishing high school, in 2020, many of my friends had already made the move, and they spoke of Canada as a kind of dreamland.

I was in Seneca’s student federation offices when the Canadian government made an announcement that shocked me: it was reducing the number of study permits it granted for new international students by 35 per cent.

Since the announcement, I’ve been full of doubt about my choice to come to Canada. Many of my fellow international students have told me they’re grateful for the announcement because it has exposed Canada’s true feelings about immigrants: we are not welcome here. I can’t help but agree...If such a drastic decision could come into effect so quickly, what else might change tomorrow? Part of me wonders if this announcement is only the beginning of a slew of laws and policies that are hostile toward immigrants.

...I know there’s a vocal minority that believes we are responsible for many of the country’s problems. They blame us for how expensive housing is getting and even accuse us of stealing their jobs.

I’ve started considering whether I should move to another country, maybe the United Arab Emirates or the US....but I have to take care of myself. I need to live in a place where people can see my value."

No better place where people can see your value better than filthy rich Arabs in the Emirates who will work you to a stub or land of Trumpist patriots.
Mr. Singh perfectly encapsulates why the number of study permits were reduced. He could not emigrate on his own merits through a merit-based immigration scheme, so he traveled across the globe to take an Early Childhood Education diploma (2-year) at a community college. Not a university, not a degree, not an in-demand trade or professional certificate/diploma.

Why does an international student take such a low hanging fruit program of study? Let's do the math:

Any post-high school credential or multiple credentials equalling 2 years earns the student a 3-year post-graduation open work permit for them and their spouse. Work anywhere for anyone. Study permits for the kids and no high school tuition. Working the 3-years all but guarantees PR.

Nothing wrong with immigration. The source countries that contribute the most new Canadians PRs are pretty much the same ones supplying the most international students, so if they are taking quality programs of study they can queue up for jobs like any Canadian grad.

Gaming the immigration scheme is another matter. That applies to international students as well as Canadian post-secondary institutions. Creating bullshit programs to target internationals is wrong. Over-extending the institution by needing the international tuition is bad business. Granting study permits for non-public schools, since private school = poor quality education here.

The federal government in its idiocy only required proof of funds for year 1 tuition + a minimum of $10,000 per year living expenses to get a study permit regardless of program length. Hordes of internationals tried to work full-time to make next year's tuition and living expenses. Then the government permitted them to work full-time while studying full-time.

Finally, and while this is a nuanced argument, when an international student signs their study permit, they agree not to express the dual intent of studying in Canada and then emigrating. Plus they promise to leave Canada when they are out of status. Nuanced because studying and working in Canada increases ones chances of PR because they get one more points in the skills-based Express Entry Canada scheme. But, one needs to be more cagey and say things like ".....and maybe consider emigrating to Canada at a later date...."

So Mr. Singh does not feel it appropriate to clamp down on the cheaters? Bingo.

Mr. Singh perfectly encapsulates why the number of study permits were reduced. He could not emigrate on his own merits through a merit-based immigration scheme, so he traveled across the globe to take an Early Childhood Education diploma (2-year) at a community college. Not a university, not a degree, not an in-demand trade or professional certificate/diploma.

Why does an international student take such a low hanging fruit program of study? Let's do the math:

Any post-high school credential or multiple credentials equalling 2 years earns the student a 3-year post-graduation open work permit for them and their spouse. Work anywhere for anyone. Study permits for the kids and no high school tuition. Working the 3-years all but guarantees PR.

Nothing wrong with immigration. The source countries that contribute the most new Canadians PRs are pretty much the same ones supplying the most international students, so if they are taking quality programs of study they can queue up for jobs like any Canadian grad.

Gaming the immigration scheme is another matter. That applies to international students as well as Canadian post-secondary institutions. Creating bullshit programs to target internationals is wrong. Over-extending the institution by needing the international tuition is bad business. Granting study permits for non-public schools, since private school = poor quality education here.

The federal government in its idiocy only required proof of funds for year 1 tuition + a minimum of $10,000 per year living expenses to get a study permit regardless of program length. Hordes of internationals tried to work full-time to make next year's tuition and living expenses. Then the government permitted them to work full-time while studying full-time.

Finally, and while this is a nuanced argument, when an international student signs their study permit, they agree not to express the dual intent of studying in Canada and then emigrating. Plus they promise to leave Canada when they are out of status. Nuanced because studying and working in Canada increases ones chances of PR because they get one more points in the skills-based Express Entry Canada scheme. But, one needs to be more cagey and say things like ".....and maybe consider emigrating to Canada at a later date...."

So Mr. Singh does not feel it appropriate to clamp down on the cheaters? Bingo.

Maybe the Canadians could consider giving people PR based on sartorial choices.

I think this DB Sport coat is about a bit above a pass.
1708562509625.png

I don't know why he's "my man". I only went to one of his talks this year because it was free and it was a few blocks from where I was sitting around on a weekday (only to suffer through 20-30 minutes of Arabs protesting).

I didn't know he was older than me. But his diction and conversational style reminds me a lot of people I know from Brampton. I have no idea why I'm a bro - or why everyone is a bro. In person he's quite different from his scripted press scrums and Commons speeches.

Some of the most prejudice to them are their own people. I know first hand because it comes from the millennial cohort I helped settle into the country 10+ years ago. Although those people are also pining to go to Dubai too.

Caps on work permits coming. Please hire from the current pool of unemployed citizens, migrants and refugees already in the country. Surely the ones we let in are of some use to the employers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom