MLB 2023

Blue jays reported an infection and closed camp. Phillies reported a number of infections amongst staff and closed camp. Maybe Florida wasn't the best place.

Blue jays reported an infection and closed camp. Phillies reported a number of infections amongst staff and closed camp. Maybe Florida wasn't the best place.
Mets and yankees already returning to ny. Teams abandoning arizona as well

Blue Jays are doing "spring training" up here in Toronto but how is anyone going to play them if there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine?

was watching tony gwynn highlights on youtube. man was such a fantastic hitter.

i miss baseball. old baseball where everyone wasn't trying to hit a homerun or strikeout every time they were at bat.

The Blue Jays are playing intra squad games with the dome open. They sound the home run horn. Bit of life on my block.

How they expect to resume playing the season is another question.

Blue Jays aren't allowed to play in Toronto. No exemptions for the one and only Canadian team.

so more than half of the marlins team has corona. they've cancelled the game and now everyone is freaking the fuck out. latest is they might have gotten it in atlanta even and i guess they just haven't told anyone?

the best part was rather than informing the phillies they decided to hold a team meeting among the players to decide whether or not to play.

really have their shit together at mlb

from tonight's Nats/O's game. in all my 20+ years of watching baseball I have never seen something like this

i was watching a video of don mattingly getting tossed and the empty stadium picking up his profanity laced tirade and, miraculously, i ended up back with good ole' earl weaver. the single best manager's corner of all time

Two championships for the Dodgers but on the radio it was LA dodgers win but there was that covid guy who celebrated too.

kevin cash and the rays front office should be locked into a port-o-potty and set on fire for pulling blake snell

cleveland indians changing their name. finally.

wonder when the braves are going to follow suit?

Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were the closest in voting by members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America released Tuesday, and the trio will have one more chance at election next year. It's the first time the BBWAA didn't choose anyone since 2013.

Schilling, a right-handed ace who won three World Series titles, finished 16 votes short of the 75% threshold necessary for enshrinement. He got 71.1% percent this time after coming up 20 votes shy at 70% last year.

Schilling's on-field accomplishments face little dispute, but he has ostracized himself in retirement by directing hateful remarks toward Muslims, transgender people, journalists and others.

Bonds (61.8%) and Clemens (61.6%) joined Schilling in falling short on their ninth tries. Both face strong PED suspicions, but Bonds has also been accused of domestic violence and Clemens of maintaining a decade-long relationship with a singer who was 15 when they met.”

And those were the top 3? I shudder to think of who is at the bottom.

On the basis of he is the least or most tainted?
the man is the best player ever, steroids or otherwise. even before his head grew to the size of a watermelon he was on track for the hall. should have had 2 more MVP's at that point.

the man is the best player ever, steroids or otherwise. even before his head grew to the size of a watermelon he was on track for the hall. should have had 2 more MVP's at that point.

MVP with asterisks?

Jays beat the Rangers in front of 20K people in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom