Moleskins

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Getting to be that time of the year. I have been on a big moleskin kick lately to go with my houndstooth kick.

Just got some new cinnamon ones from Cordings I'm grooving on.

Yes moleskin is very nice for pants. And I like the cut and quality of Cordings' cords and moleskins.

I have old Lands' End ones which were a bargain, but their fits have gotten so dicey that I can't bother with them any longer.
Some guy on AAAC creased his moleskins, which I found odd.

I have old Lands' End ones which were a bargain, but their fits have gotten so dicey that I can't bother with them any longer.
Some guy on AAAC creased his moleskins, which I found odd.

I like a crease depending on cut. Cordings tends to higher waist and more tailored for which lends itself to a crease. The baggier ones cut like khakis or jeans I couldn't see creasing.

mine are Epaulet. mid-rise. they should be releasing their seasonal corduroys & moleskins soon. but i want to state categorically that i am not shilling for them. they are shit. don't buy them. i will be buying more. but they are garbage. don't go near them.

mine are Epaulet. mid-rise. they should be releasing their seasonal corduroys & moleskins soon. but i want to state categorically that i am not shilling for them. they are shit. don't buy them. i will be buying more. but they are garbage. don't go near them.
:thinking2:

Shill-a-rific!

In all seriousness - as much as I am able - they are quite well made, not vanity sized. Moleskins are of a substantial weight

I've bought a few pairs of moleskin trousers from Charles Tyrwhitt in the past, and they've been good. I tend to put a crease in mine and I've had them cuffed, too. Please don't stone me.

On another note, I was very disappointed when I received my trousers to discover that they're made from cotton and not from actual moleskins. Surely that constitutes false advertising?

I've bought a few pairs of moleskin trousers from Charles Tyrwhitt in the past, and they've been good. I tend to put a crease in mine and I've had them cuffed, too. Please don't stone me.

On another note, I was very disappointed when I received my trousers to discover that they're made from cotton and not from actual moleskins. Surely that constitutes false advertising?

But think of how the moles will appreciate that fact!

Has anyone sourced moleskin & corduroy from Brisbane Moss? I'm tempted but I never get around to contacting them

That is a good point.

I saw a mole burrow out of the ground at a Malaysian tea plantation once and it was very cute, so I suppose that it's just as well we don't club them to death to make pants.

As rodents go, I like moles and won't hunt them for fun or pelts. Well, I have blind moles on my land - which never come above ground - that raise up huge mounds of dirt, but I let them be.

Thruth: I was also just playing. I've read very solid things about EPaulet and will be stopping by the next time I'm NYC to try on their different cuts. They look really great.

As a side note, I browse their site pretty often but then I remember they only take returns for store credit and I have never pulled the trigger.

Figured that. Yes, if you get a chance to try them on in person that is best. They are on the slimmer side

serious query - is mole fur used in clothing? I don't see why it couldn't be.

It has been. Not sure to what extent now. I think there is a German EBay seller who takes overcoats and adds fur linings from atypical beasties. I think I've seen mole, nutria. Here is a hamster lined one. The ad has been pulled from EBay

image.jpg

Last edited:
Similar thing. When I was a kid and stayed with my grandparents in summer there was a crazy old railway worker who lived in a caboose he converted to a house. Ate all kinds of country meat: woodchuck, squirrel, muskrat, moles and who knows what else. All very gamey.

Note, Moleskine (pronounce Moe le SKEE na) is an Italian brand of notebook and has nothing to do with moles or moleskin.
th

This AAAC dude talked of a razor sharp crease in moleskins. That is wierd. Pressing them, not so much.

I've been thinking about getting these RM Williams moleskins, but I'm just not sure I have a need for something in a jeans cut. I couldn't wear them to work and on the weekend I'll probably just grab denim.

I've been thinking about getting these RM Williams moleskins, but I'm just not sure I have a need for something in a jeans cut. I couldn't wear them to work and on the weekend I'll probably just grab denim.
Can you get anything RM Williams outside of Aussieland?

Can you get anything RM Williams outside of Aussieland?

Someone in Califirnia is selling a new pair on eBay in my size, $75 shipped or make an offer. Been on my watch list for months now.

I don't know what the cut of RM Williams' moleskin trousers is like nowadays, but they always used to be very low-waisted (ie have a very low rise).

Coypu. A river rat. South American but don't they hunt them on Duck Dynasty?

They are a nuisance species here. We get paid to shoot them from time to time

Check the Cordings website. They have a higher rise.

As rodents go, I like moles and won't hunt them for fun or pelts. Well, I have blind moles on my land - which never come above ground - that raise up huge mounds of dirt, but I let them be.

Moles are not rodents. Formerly they were classed among the insectivores, but I gather they now have been assigned their own order: soricomorphs.

Has anyone sourced moleskin & corduroy from Brisbane Moss? I'm tempted but I never get around to contacting them
No but I'm getting some canvas trousers made from BM at the moment, will report on how it comes up.

Got 2 pair of 20oz Dugdale moleskins made up this year. Good for the very cold days of winter here. Would be too hot in Sydney or Brisbane though.

Got 2 pair of 20oz Dugdale moleskins made up this year. Good for the very cold days of winter here. Would be too hot in Sydney or Brisbane though.

I remember that Alan See from The Armoury posted a pair of 17 or 18oz cotton drill trousers on The Armoury Tumblr last northern spring, with the comment that he'd had them made for the HK summer!

I thought at the time that they'd be very heavy, stiff and hot - after all, that's quite a bit heavier than most denim used in jeans.

Jesus, 18oz in the summer? I'd be walking around with a pool of water under my balls.

Must be a LL disciple. You know, where any fabric under 137oz is obviously not acceptable. You may end up a puddle on the sidewalk ala the Wicked Witch of the West, but your drape with be sublime.

Got some navy moleskins on the way to go with my new jacket in Poole house check that's on the way.

David-Gandy-Henry-Poole-Check-690x375.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom