Moments in Your Life When "BALL DON'T LIE"

OfficePants

Supporter
For you types that have no idea what "ball don't lie!" means, it's a meme associated to the NBA and one of its more colorful players, Rasheed Wallace, now retired. Rasheed was famous for regularly leading the league in technical fouls and his vocal presence on the court.

It's meme status has been confirmed when a onesie appeared:

fig,baby_blue,shortsleeve_one_piece,ffffff.u3.jpg

His most famous utterance "ball don't lie!" evolved from moments when he felt a bad call went against him or his team, when the opposing player would miss a free throw, he would scream that the ball told the truth about the call. It's one of my favorite things in the world, and I love to yell it in moments when saying "I told you so" or "see, I was right" makes me look like like a weenie.

For a great video of Rasheed's famous phrase in action:

So in this thread, tell us about the moments in your life when "ball don't lie".

Last edited:
I began using it on the soccer field last year and seem to have started a trend. I don't think many of the foreign players know the origins of it. Or the Americans for that matter.

I don't have any moment, but I'm glad to see ball don't lie has made these pages. Gawd I miss Sheed. And Randy Moss.

Straight Cash Homey.

I actually said this in closing arguments to a jury a few years ago. Client was accused of assault for beating up his wife. Commonwealth had photos of her all beat up, but it turned out the photos were not from him hitting her but from a car accident she was in six months after the alleged beating.

"The ball don't lie, ladies and gentlemen. She wanted you to believe those photos were of this heinous attack, but they're not. Her whole story is a lie. The ball don't lie."

Jury was half black. I know at least some of them got the reference. Won the case.

This might be hard to top. Fucking brilliant. Minor detail, but you should have left out "The".

I began using it on the soccer field last year and seem to have started a trend. I don't think many of the foreign players know the origins of it. Or the Americans for that matter.

I think it plays better when people don't get it and only like 1 person does. That guy will turn to you and give you the nod, which is reassuring. I prefer to use it in non-sports situations. Like when a guy has drunk too much and drops his beer, ball don't lie.

I'm honestly surprised and glad the phrase has remained at cult status and not become like "turn down for what?".

It's pure gold that "ball don't lie" phrase. I truly believe in those kind of things, will need to remember a situation I have used something similar.

I've seen the ray rice punch 338 times today without once trying to. Whitey needs to spend more time on LiveLeak. Ball don't lie.

Got into a disagreement with the local SBA president (Student Bar Association) over some moral issues a few years ago. Got rather ugly. I suspect it prevented me from getting on the law journal here.

Guy gets accused of date rape at an SBA party down on the strip against another student. Was banned from taking the bar.

Ball don't lie.

I'm at a conference. Just took a leak and walked out into a room full of people with my belt left unbuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom