Monkeypox

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
Monkeypox warnings 'went ignored,' and now world must brace for more outbreaks: scientists

"More than 2,800 suspected cases were reported in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo alone. The year after, there were nearly 3,800.

By 2020 — half a century after the first human infection was found in the central African country, then known as Zaire — the total tally of suspected annual cases neared 6,300, including 229 deaths."

Who wants to bet it killed more than coronavirus in Congo?

"Because unfortunately, monkeypox is a disease that has traditionally caused outbreaks in Africa — and usually in very remote parts of Africa — and affecting populations that the world doesn't always care about."

We were caring about that Wuhan virus in 2020.

Another one all our chums have been working on and the Wuhan Institute busy synthesizing for the good of the CCP and all of humanity....but wait John Campbell is a Dr of Nursing, LOL! He's not a GP!!! He's not qualified like a House Doctor who gives me my prescription! Yeah, right, keep taking the cool aid you dumb ass fucks...

“Monkeypox symptoms generally resolve on their own, Tedros said, though the disease can be severe in some cases. No deaths have been reported from the current outbreaks in North America and Europe. However, monkeypox has also not spread yet among more vulnerable populations such as pregnant women and children in these regions, said Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s Covid-19 technical lead.”

“What we’re seeing now is especially alarming. Oftentimes, contact tracers aren’t finding any clear connection between reported cases, including recent travel to areas in Africa where monkeypox is endemic.”

I believe that in all but two of the US cases the route of transmission was well established - anal sex with a positive male.

“What we’re seeing now is especially alarming. Oftentimes, contact tracers aren’t finding any clear connection between reported cases, including recent travel to areas in Africa where monkeypox is endemic.”

I believe that in all but two of the US cases the route of transmission was well established - anal sex with a positive male.

We are saved!

....well, at least I am.

There’s still so much we don’t know about this outbreak/variant. The number of cases of transmission through sex (20 of the 21 US cases, from memory) is very unusual- but it’s also possibly coincidental: it could be spreading through non-sexual contact with a sexual partner (ie close contact with an infected person, bedsheets, respiratory droplets etc) or it could be transmitted through the sex act. Still way too early to reclassify it as an STI.

We still think that people aren’t infectious until pustules have broken out and still don’t consider someone a close contact unless they have been around the positive case for over three hours.

Rumour is that CDC is about to amend its highest risk case definition for people under monitoring and impose some travel restrictions on them. Should make life interesting.

My parents gave up travelling in the second half of 2022 because of ...monkeypox.

We have some cases now and doing some prophy vaxxing of lab and healthcare folks with jynneos

That's because not everyone is going to admit to unprotected anal sex with several strangers over a 48hr period on marathon meta-amphetamine fueled Grindr dating session.

That's because not everyone is going to admit to unprotected anal sex with several strangers over a 48hr period on marathon meta-amphetamine fueled Grindr dating session.
This is an oddly detailed description, Pimpy. Anything you are trying to tell us?

Here's why some scientists want to change how we talk about monkeypox Social Sharing

"The World Health Organization supports coming up for a new name for monkeypox amid a call from a group of scientists to use less discriminatory terminology to describe the infections popping up in more and more places around the globe.

Scientists calling for a shift in how we talk about the virus point to its clades — or strains — having pre-existing names relating to African regions (West African and Congo Basin), which are both stigmatizing and inaccurate in reflecting the nature of the current spread of the virus."

This from the same group that encouraged us to post signs in 2020 that if you are from or recently travelled to Wuhan, South Korea, Singapore, Milan you are not allowed to use the lift, enter a country, enter a store, enter a restaurant, enter an office, etc.

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.science.org/content/article/why-the-monkeypox-outbreak-is-mostly-affecting-men-who-have-sex-with-men[/URL]

We have vaccinated under a dozen people in the whole state so far - only high risk close contacts of confirmed cases. But we only have 1000 doses in the whole country to pull from right now.

Meanwhile, in Canada:

‘Vaccinating those with many sexual partners may be the most efficient approach; in the Canadian province of Quebec, the vaccine is already being offered to MSM [Men Who have Sex with other Men] who had two or more sexual partners in the previous 14 days.’

Fwiffo Fwiffo is our man with the Jynneos!

Still guessing why it’s all about men who have sex with men this time:

Dropbear Dropbear

Viral particles everywhere, but you need a lot more to become infected. Remember, the R(t) is about 1.5, compared to Omicron which is around 10. Or, you have to be in the same, enclosed room with someone for three hours to be considered a high risk contact, versus a few minutes with a good Covid carrier.

I would not be too worried about touching the same remote as someone with the pox. Sleeping in unclean bedding is a little risky though.

The de-con of rooms is a huge task. That’s a lot of bedding that is going to be burnt everything else gets an industrial cleaning.

Does that mean my dry cleaner will start excluding certain customers?

86E180CD-CC8B-4CBB-940B-84CC379890AB.jpeg

Watching FEMA, ASPR and the CDC play hot potato with the Jynneos vaccines held in the Strategic National Stockpile has been amusing. Without a disaster declaration, no one wants to risk the political fallout of running this.

For now, it’s being released for. The SNS by ASPR and managed by the epi side of the house at CDC. I gotta say, at this small scale, ring-vax MCM level, they have been doing well - far exceeding my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom