Musashi Found

Very interesting especially that his yacht is capable of finding sunken ships at 1000 feet!

Yes, I was pretty excited to read that. I made 1:700 scale models of both the Yamato and Musashi when I was a lad, along with a whole host of other ships in the Tamiya model series.

I also really enjoyed watching the "Star Blazers" cartoon, a dubbed version of the Japanese anime series "Uchu Senkan Yamato" which featured the battleship Yamato, the sister-ship of Musashi, raised from the sea-bed and fitted out as a spaceship.

Very interesting especially that his yacht is capable of finding sunken ships at 1000 feet!

It's probably got teleportation capabilities too.

Yes, I was pretty excited to read that. I made 1:700 scale models of both the Yamato and Musashi when I was a lad, along with a whole host of other ships in the Tamiya model series.

I also really enjoyed watching the "Star Blazers" cartoon, a dubbed version of the Japanese anime series "Uchu Senkan Yamato" which featured the battleship Yamato, the sister-ship of Musashi, raised from the sea-bed and fitted out as a spaceship.

Excellent. Being a Yank I did a model of the Iowa. Then I became a teenager and promptly put it in my parents pool and sunk it. My USS Ohio sub model met a similar fate.

^I had the pleasure of actually seeing the USS Iowa at sea, about four miles offshore from Seal Beach, not far from where I live, just before it was towed into Long Beach and permanently berthed there not too long ago. I suspect few if any people will get to see any of those great old battlewagons of yesteryear afloat on the open sea anytime in the future.

I thought the general vicinity of where the Musashi went down was pretty well known, so I am a little surprised its discovery is such a big deal.

Yes, we have the Wisconsin here. I remember when it came in (under it's own power actually). It's docked right up against a main thoroughfare in Norfolk, you practically drive under the bow. Super impressive.

images.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom