My eBay Watchlist

Russell Street

King Of The Trolls
Supporter
ITT, I post my current ebay watchlist and invite others to comment and post their own.
I'm not concerned about it myself, but assume an unspoken dibs on this stuff unless otherwise stated.
In my case, I'm watching gobs of crap that I'm up in the air about, so no dibs.

I guess I was looking for something summery to wear with a blazer, I don't know.
I still debate if an ironic initial web belt is cool or weak
I read some post on reversible vests on FNB and had a look
Oops, forgot to bid.

Last edited:
No, I can't get that to work. I copied your [media=ebay]itemid=#########[/media...] format and dropped the item number in. Can't get it to work by dropping the straight url[/media]

Hmmm. They're working on the desktop. All you have to do is copy the full URL from the ebay page and then post it using the video button. I'll look into why they're not working on mobile.

In my typical unimpulsive fashion, I ain't bought bid shit.
Am I the only one that shops and watches ebay items while pondering incessantly? Do all y'all just click away and kop asap?

Am I the only one that shops and watches ebay items while pondering incessantly? Do all y'all just click away and kop asap?
If it makes you feel better, I have never bought a single clothing item on eBay.

I found some good Yohji and Rick items. You can also find tons of good deals on Allen Edmonds. But it takes a lot of time.

Saved searches with e-mail reminders force diligence, at least until you give up. The last pair of shoes (yes, I've actually gotten two pair of lightly used shoes on the bay) was something they suggested because I had a long forgotten saved search for Florsheim Imperials in my size. I wanted the friggin gunboats V-Cleats, but they suggested a very nice (pebble or scotch grained) pair of cap toed oxfords that I'd have never found otherwise.

Nobody wants to be an open book and show items they might be contemplating?

Nope, I dither and then forget and miss out. There is a bunch of suiting and jacketing that I want and should get because my traveling Hong Kong tailors bring shit and if I yell at them to bring good shit it is limited and I get raped on the price.

Okay, I was unawares of Hartmann. Ever since I saw my woman's old plastic American Tourister case that she inherited from her mom, I've been eyeballing old Samsonites at the thrift shop. Of course MF Doom knows that a Zero Haliburton is required.
I thought law-talking dudes were supposed to carry tattered brown cardboard accordion files like so

I wanted a Hartmann so badly in the 90's. Never got one, and eventually got to a point where I stopped carrying a briefcase.

But yeah - Zero Halliburton or nothing, for the jobs that matter.

Quick continuity note: the eBay video code uses java, and those of us on iOS can't see the embedded items, so please also provide a link so that we can pitch in while on the crapper.

I scored a very nice Barbour Sapper for a great price on eBay a couple of months ago. I do a victory dance every time I see it hanging in the closet. It's one of the few times I have done well with clothes on eBay.

Anyone want to pay $3888 for a rare pair of new-in-box Alden shell cordovan boots????
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNIB-ALDEN-...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e98efec2b

Alden boots.jpg

I know that shell cordovan is rare at the moment, and I know that finding anything in cordovan by Alden that's not in colour #8 is even rarer, but that's just ridiculous.

Jesus christ. $940 for Alden shell boots? People are out of their fucking minds.

Have a look at the ad that I posted a little bit further back in the thread - someone was asking $3800 or so for a pair of Alden boots. Of course, I suspect that he didn't get what he was asking, but the fact that he thought that he might get that much is pretty telling.

It seems that there's a group of people out there who are both shell cordovan enthusiasts and Alden enthusiasts and, given that Alden controls its sales channels pretty tightly and that there's a shortage of shell cordovan lately (particularly in colours other than #8), enthusiasts are willing to shell out silly amounts of money for Alden boots and shoes in shell colours other than #8.

The sensible thing to do, of course, would be to wait for supplies of shell to increase again and then purchase at lower prices.

The boots have 3 bids on them already. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller actually gets close to what he is asking for. They are beautiful boots, nonetheless, but I am not dishing out 2 k for some Aldens even if they were dyed with the blood of Unicorn.

It's quite interesting to have a little look around the internet to see the prices that people are prepared to pay for a "rare" colour in shell cordovan.

You can get several different styles of Alden boot or shoe in either black shell or #8 shell through Alden or various other places for between US$684 - $722. In stock, available right now if you want black or #8 shell (burgundy).

You can also get various Alden boots and shoes in brown calf leather for between $500 and $575, in stock, available right now.

If you want a pair in brown shell cordovan (cigar, ravello, cognac etc), though, you'll have to pay anywhere from $950 upwards via eBay or other places.

To me, that's crazy. I like shell cordovan, but when you can get a pair of shoes in #8 shell for $680, why on earth would you pay at least $300 more for a pair in brown shell? If you're that enamoured of brown shoes, just get a pair of brown calf-leather shoes. Alden's just aren't worth $1000 or more.

zombie wednesday

this was a thread that should have been more popular. come on, don't be like LelandJ and hoard your finds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom