NBA 2019-2020 Season

Fwiffo

Supporter
Yes, he is. But I suspect locking up a star (or potential star) player for multiple years now is a big deal for GMs who don't want to deal with a playing bailing after his contract is up (see Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, possibly Kawhi Leonard, and all the other players who switched teams this FA). Hell, Porzingis got a max deal and he didn't even play last year. And Jamal Murray somehow got a max extension from the Nuggets at >30M per year.
And during the time the player is injured and inactive the salary cap hit is nil?

ballmouse

No. The salary is still part of the cap (although I think there is some exception that can be made in some cases such as when Chris Bosh didn't play, but I'm not sure if that'll happen for Durant).

Fwiffo

Supporter
I'm positive chasing Kawhi Leonard with a helicopter OJ style is not going to convince him to stay in Toronto given his sedate no social media nature.

Fwiffo

Supporter
All my friends are moaning on social media and on my mobile. One was going to frame her Kawhi Leonard jersey now.

Fwiffo

Supporter

Apparently all you need to do is make a few good trades and you get a Presidential Medal of Freedom

QuandoDio

Yeah, better deal for Houston. CP-3 is 34 and that contract.

Though Russell will need to change a lot.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I don't know why people are so surprised at Clippers owner ex Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer being fired up like that. That's how he was at Microsoft.

Fwiffo

Supporter
We're 10th or something in line to defend our championship title.

Top Bottom