NBA 2023-2024 Season

Raptors went from almost double digit ahead to double digit behind at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I've been avoiding going home. Not sure if it was worse if I went home and we won or I went home and we lost.

I didn’t know the 76ers were still in the mix. I haven’t seen them since they were in the basement with the Knicks.

I don’t understand the Eastern conference semis. How is Boston, down its two best players, up 3-0? Why are the Raptors about to be down 0-3 to a Cavs team that barely scraped by the Pacers?

I don’t understand the Eastern conference semis. How is Boston, down its two best players, up 3-0? Why are the Raptors about to be down 0-3 to a Cavs team that barely scraped by the Pacers?

Because Cavaliers and Lebron to the Raptors are like the Patriots and Tom Brady to [insert team that always gets beaten...]. They're our kryptonite. It doesn't matter how well we fare because whenever we meet we lose. Unless we move to another conference, that's going to keep happening. I'm actually surprised they made it so far. They did nothing to re-tool the squad to beat the Lebron curse from last year so I expected no less. They doubled down on a losing strategy. If they were playing the seeding game to avoid the Cavaliers, they must be really stupid (again, the Patriots analogy holds).

Fwiffo Fwiffo you'll soon have peace around the apartment. the raps are DONE.

This year's playoff run was short. Leafs and Raptors out before mid May. I might have to give my local bars some business now. At least I won't have to wade through Jurassic Park to buy groceries now.

Cavaliers and Golden State again. Do people think this is Celtics and Lakers or is it getting boring?

Boring unless JR Smith has the ball in the final seconds of regulation. Then it goes from dull to inexplicable.

I actually enjoy any opportunity to watch James play at this point. I don’t think he’s as good as MJ, but he and MJ are in a tier unto themselves, and because I was too young to truly appreciate MJ’s greatness, I don’t want to miss anything with James.

51 points! And if he wasn’t planning on leaving the Cavs before Smith's fuck up, he sure as shit is now.

My bet is he goes to the Rockets if they can work the cap. That’s the only team where his presence all but guarantees a championship. Had the Rockets lost with a healthy Chris Paul, or had they advanced where they would likely have beaten the Cavs, James might hesitate. As is, of the teams he might go to (Lakers, 76ers, Cavs, Spurs, and Rockets), the Rockets are the best option in terms of giving him what he wants: additional championships and large amount of marketing money. While LA is great for marketing, James is the most famous athlete in the US; it almost doesn’t matter what city he is in. Houston, however, gives him access to the Chinese market. I am sure the Rockets and his agent are well aware of this.

If he goes to the west that's good for my Raptors. They might actually make it to the finals...and then lose to him again.

Kawhi Leonard - did my hometown get a lemon or is he good? Statistics look better than DeRozan.

I have tickets to see Jazz at Raptors on New Year’s Day!

Lucky dog

I got these tickets from a vendor I dealt with in my previous firm. I left transition notes for my boss which basically guaranteed 95 percent of his business was renewed for 2019. His seats give me access to a free dinner buffet and one of the many exclusive bars in the arena (obviously not Drake's)

Today I realised the Jazz are bottom feeders.

I actually gave my Raptors tickets to someone else. Tomorrow will be my first Raptors game from another vendor. Clippers. What should I expect?

I actually gave my Raptors tickets to someone else. Tomorrow will be my first Raptors game from another vendor. Clippers. What should I expect?
clippers should be a good matchup. hopefully they'll play boban and kawaii. think you'll have fun. keep an eye on siacam. he's good.

Playoff season beckons. My neighbourhood will be a zoo again with "Jurassic Park".

It appears the Raptors will face the Pistons?

Nope. We play Orlando. Great I'll have the Leafs *AND* the Raptors down the street from me.

Next up 76ers. Kyle Lowry seems secondary to Kawhi Leonard and Pascal Siakam now.

It appears Kawhi Leonard is better than Jimmy Butler. I didn’t know that.

It appears Kawhi Leonard is better than Jimmy Butler. I didn’t know that.

Everyone knew that.

A fit and firing Kawhii is a top-5 NBA player. Arguably, top three and the best two-way player in the game.

Butler is a good player but would struggle to make anyone's top 15.

Everyone knew that.

A fit and firing Kawhii is a top-5 NBA player. Arguably, top three and the best two-way player in the game.

Butler is a good player but would struggle to make anyone's top 15.

I don't know mate. Butler leading scorer for 76ers. Kawhi is not saving my hometown team.

Finally the Raptors even the series up with the 76ers.

I figured out the trick to the 76ers. I need to stop watching the games and occasionally check the score through Google search.

Game 7 tonight down the street from me...I didn't know Kyle Lowry was already 33.

A good nearly two hours after the game people were honking, chanting, whistling and screaming down the street from Jurassic Park. You almost thought we won the final.

Last edited:
I'm reading the sports writer previews of the Bucks vs Raptors and it doesn't really bode well for the Raptors. Basically Kawhi is great but the supporting cast has to be on its A game just to be in competition.

I'm reading the sports writer previews of the Bucks vs Raptors and it doesn't really bode well for the Raptors. Basically Kawhi is great but the supporting cast has to be on its A game just to be in competition.

You had to read the previews to figure this out?

You had to read the previews to figure this out?

I don't follow the NBA. I can see it in the standings and I vaguely recall we lost frequently to the Bucks in regular season.

Two losses in a row. Would have been nice if they finished strong in the first game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom