NBA 2023-2024 Season

Overtime for Game 3. I admire those crowds braving the rain.

Golden State already swept the west. I don't know how a protracted eastern conference final will help either Bucks or Raptors in the final.

Raptors win even when Kawhi has an off night. Other people can apparently score.

"Everybody was out here. Everybody in this building was rocking. I'm glad they enjoyed the moment. It was touching. It really really was. It felt like they won a championship here tonight. And I don't blame them because that's the only time they're going to feel that way. Steph Curry...Klay Thompson are coming into the house....because anybody that knows basketball I don't know how you could see them pulling off a victory over the Golden State Warriors."

That's good. We're underdogs in every series.

this organization is so fucked up.

"Everybody was out here. Everybody in this building was rocking. I'm glad they enjoyed the moment. It was touching. It really really was. It felt like they won a championship here tonight. And I don't blame them because that's the only time they're going to feel that way. Steph Curry...Klay Thompson are coming into the house....because anybody that knows basketball I don't know how you could see them pulling off a victory over the Golden State Warriors."

That's good. We're underdogs in every series.
just in time for your moving out. i saw downtown was a mob scene.

this organization is so fucked up.

just in time for your moving out. i saw downtown was a mob scene.

I'm not moving out. That's my new place. Jurassic Park just extended to my area. All the hooliganism was after the game 2km and 3 subway stops away.

'People are all in': Raptors fever takes over as Canada readies for NBA Finals

"'James and Courtney Auclair were in Jurassic Park first thing Thursday morning. The couple made the more than 15,000-kilometre journey from Brisbane, Australia to Toronto for Game 1.

'We just love the city, love the people and love the game. So we couldn't wait to be here,' said Courtney.

The pair have no familial connections to Toronto, and the trip costs thousands of dollars. But the couple said they have no regrets.

'It's worth it. It's absolutely worth it,' said James."

Aussie couple flying over to try to get into standing area for a game. I trust this is not reflective of all Australians Dropbear Dropbear fxh fxh Journeyman Journeyman

My mum loved Toronto. She lived there in the late 1960s for a couple of years before meeting my dad south of the border.

Yay - we win..especially when I don't watch the game more than the first few minutes.

I'm actually not at home tonight but I reckon if I completely divorce myself from the television we have a chance to win.

Pretty sure Steve Kerr will dress everyone for Game 4.

Kevin Durant lasted ..one quarter? but the series goes back to Oakland...

The irony is, that it was an open secret that Durant had some kind of issue with the Achilles. Every talking head was speculating on this recently. Then he plays and suffers a much worse injury than just calf (which was the official statement), basically proving the media right - now the Warriors act as if this was completely unforseeable. To me, this is a huge mess in terms of communication from the GSW. This injury changes whole free agency. We will all see the effects in the coming days. E.g. Anthony Davis Trade, Kyrie Irving Situation, Knicks moving on, etc ... Just wow!

Apparently Looney is out too for the series.

I'm actually going back home early so I will be right in the middle of Jurassic Park again as I get off the bus.

Durant just had surgery. Good on the doctors who certified him fit.

Only 3 players in NBA history have won the NBA finals MVP with 2 different teams:

Kareem
Lebron
Kawhi Leonard

Wow!

Player Team Finals Series Stats MVP

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Bucks 27 ppg | 18.5 rpg | 2.8 apg 1971 (Bucks defeat Bullets, 4-0)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Lakers 25.7 ppg | 9.0 rpg | 5.2 apg | 1.0 spg | 1.5 bpg 1985 (Lakers defeat Celtics, 4-2)

LeBron James Heat 28.6 ppg | 10.2 rpg | 7.4 apg | 1.6 spg | 0.4 bpg 2012 (Heat defeat Thunder, 4-1)
LeBron James Heat 25.3 ppg | 10.9 rpg | 7.0 apg | 2.3 spg | 0.9 bpg 2013 (Heat defeat Spurs, 4-3)
LeBron James Cavs 29.7 ppg | 11.3 rpg | 8.9 apg | 2.6 spg | 2.3 bpg 2016 (Cavs defeat Warriors, 4-3)

Kawhi Leonard Spurs 17.8 ppg | 6.4 rpg | 2.0 apg | 1.6 spg | 1.2 bpg 2014 (Spurs defeat Heat, 4-1)
Kawhi Leonard Raptors 28.5 ppg | 9.8 rpg | 4.2 apg | 2.0 spg | 1.2 bpg 2019 (Raptors defeat Warriors, 4-2)

Last edited:
Not sure why ESPN believes the bigger story on the day after the Raptors win the NBA championship is what will happen with Durant and Klay Thompson on long term injuries and the free agency market.

Not sure why ESPN believes the bigger story on the day after the Raptors win the NBA championship is what will happen with Durant and Klay Thompson on long term injuries and the free agency market.
already surpassed by the anthony davis trade

olo. Stephen A. Smith is beside himself with KD & Kyrie going to the nets

Isn't Kevin Durant done for the next season too? Bit weird for teams to put down money so early.

Isn't Kevin Durant done for the next season too? Bit weird for teams to put down money so early.

Yes, he is. But I suspect locking up a star (or potential star) player for multiple years now is a big deal for GMs who don't want to deal with a playing bailing after his contract is up (see Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, possibly Kawhi Leonard, and all the other players who switched teams this FA). Hell, Porzingis got a max deal and he didn't even play last year. And Jamal Murray somehow got a max extension from the Nuggets at >30M per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom