NBA 2023-2024 Season

Yes, he is. But I suspect locking up a star (or potential star) player for multiple years now is a big deal for GMs who don't want to deal with a playing bailing after his contract is up (see Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, possibly Kawhi Leonard, and all the other players who switched teams this FA). Hell, Porzingis got a max deal and he didn't even play last year. And Jamal Murray somehow got a max extension from the Nuggets at >30M per year.

And during the time the player is injured and inactive the salary cap hit is nil?

No. The salary is still part of the cap (although I think there is some exception that can be made in some cases such as when Chris Bosh didn't play, but I'm not sure if that'll happen for Durant).

I'm positive chasing Kawhi Leonard with a helicopter OJ style is not going to convince him to stay in Toronto given his sedate no social media nature.

All my friends are moaning on social media and on my mobile. One was going to frame her Kawhi Leonard jersey now.

Apparently all you need to do is make a few good trades and you get a Presidential Medal of Freedom

Yeah, better deal for Houston. CP-3 is 34 and that contract.

Though Russell will need to change a lot.

I don't know why people are so surprised at Clippers owner ex Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer being fired up like that. That's how he was at Microsoft.

We're 10th or something in line to defend our championship title.

We have a stretch of games against shite teams like the Knicks. We could be second at the end of it.

I happen to be listening to ESPN the other day and heard this interview. Good stuff.

Nancy Lieberman was asked by Kobe to come to CA and help coach his daughter's team. It sound as if she may have been scheduled to be there soon...or around the time of the crash.

American (celebrity) culture never ceazes to amaze me. No nipples on TV but national mourning when a rapist sportsman dies. I'm very sorry for those who've lost family members and loved ones in this terribly accident but if he was a John Doe he'd still be rotting in gaol for his crime.

This has really been over the top. Honestly i cant believe its been this histrionic to begin with. This is what we do now though. Dwayne wade is going to get a three day retirement tour this year on top of the entirety of last year being his retirement tour.

Dwayne Wade already retired?

What about Vince Carter? What will be his tribute?

How are the Raptors behind by 15 to the Papers at home?

14 game win streak for the Raptors and we're still 6 1/2 back from the Bucks. Two final minute nailbiters in the past three games though so I see it ending soon. Disappointed there was no trade. I guess this is it.

I didn't give the Raptors much of a chance against the Bucks but they won at home. Injury for Gasol and Ibaka was ill.

Bucks @ Raptors again and we are leading after the first quarter. Astonishing!

NBA training facilities open up next month. Players will be playing with masks and gloves. What about sweat? This is a contact sport - unless you're playing Warriors style and just pull up for 3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom