New to online MTM shirts, any tips?

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow I will try this MTM online service yo buy a shirt. (Don't worry Chorn Chorn , my dad is gonna buy it for me, so I'm not breaking the NPC rules :) ) Having said that, I have my measurements very clear of two to three shirts that fit me nice. But I don't have one that fits me perfectly. Mainly because of my very sloped and brad shoulders. This is one of the best shirts that fit me right now, I bought it from STF, it's Barba, it has the 19" from shoulder seam to shoulder seam that I need. Although I think an extra 0.5" or maybe the complete 1" from pit to pit could do the work. The waist I think looks good, this is when I was bulking so I was fat, and the sleeve lenght, I feel comfortable with it. I would like to take this as a base and then adjust little thing from it. So, any feedback would be appreacited in terms of the fitting of the shirt and/or what are key points that I should take care to get a nice shirt.

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

Thanks in advance!

PS: The photos were taken when I opened the box. :)

All I can say is that the May NPC ended on the 29th and that June doesnt start until
June 3rd (also, you joining for June?)

Betel - that shirt fits terribly. Its too tight in the shoulders. Too tight in the chest. And WAY too suppressed in the waist. It looks like you're wearing a woman's top.

All I can say is that the May NPC ended on the 29th and that June doesnt start until
June 3rd (also, you joining for June?)

I think it would be convenient to join. :)

Betel - that shirt fits terribly. Its too tight in the shoulders. Too tight in the chest. And WAY too suppressed in the waist. It looks like you're wearing a woman's top.

That why I was thinking that asking for 19.5" from shoulder to shoulder should work and I have a tiny waist, I use a 44 jacket and 32 trouser. That the problem with RTW shirts for me cause I have to use 16 in the neck, so sizing up is not convenient. Or maybe it would be if the button placement can be moved, but that's another story. That's why I'm hesitating on buying Borrellli or Finamore, they have shorter length from shoulder to shoulder.

It only looks like he is wearing a woman's top because the shirt isn't tucked in. The waist suppression is fine.

It only looks like he is wearing a woman's top because the shirt isn't tucked in. The waist suppression is fine.

I disagree. Look at where his lats end/the darts begin. It was suppressed far too much and its giving him an exaggerated hourglass shape.

I will get one, maybe next week when I use the shirt.

This is the other one I got too, this is the full cut of Barba.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I disagree. Look at where his lats end/the darts begin. It was suppressed far too much and its giving him an exaggerated hourglass shape.
tucked in, the only hourglass shape would be the one created by his drop and hips. I guess I just like my shirts to contour to my body. This looks ridiculous untucked (though I do it anyway), but provides the best fit for tucked in shirts (really important if you plan on taking off your jacket at some point. The military tuck can only do so much.

tucked in, the only hourglass shape would be the one created by his drop and hips. I guess I just like my shirts to contour to my body. This looks ridiculous untucked (though I do it anyway), but provides the best fit for tucked in shirts (really important if you plan on taking off your jacket at some point. The military tuck can only do so much.

I dont disagree in general. But in this case I think this tailor overdid it. We'll see with the tucked photos.

I dont disagree in general. But in this case I think this tailor overdid it. We'll see with the tucked photos.

That's the way the shirt is made, tailor hasn't touch it.

Got the measurements, I'll post them tomorrow.

Really? Wow.

Yup.

So to continue with the search of a good fitting shirt I measured two shirts according to what Luxire ask you for and got this:

The fisrt measurement are from the Barba (tagged 41) the second ones from an Hugo Boss (tagged 39 tailor altered the waist and chest) and the third one is the one I would like in the new shirt:

Bicep/Sleeve Width: 8.25" - 8.5" - 8.25"
Round Armhole: 11" - 11" - 11"
Bottom: 22" - 21" - 22"
Chest: 22.5" - 23.5" - 23.5"
Waist: 19.5" - 20.5" - 19.5"
Yoke: 19" - 19" - 19.5"
Sleeve: 35.75" - 35.5" - 35.75 or 36"
Shirt Lenght: 31.5" - 31.5"
Cuff: 8.5" - 8.5"
Neck: 16.25" (In here I only took the one from the Barba, this is with which I feel comfortable.)

And this are some aditional measurement I would like to get in terms of:
Collar Height: 1.75"
Collar Points: 3.00"
Cuff Height: 2.75"
From Collar Point to Point: 14.5" (Not sure how to measure this, I opened the collar, like when you measure the neck distance, but I measured it from collar point to collar point.)

Measurements charted out down to a 1/4inch for the perfect shirt, including collar height.

:wait-23:

Geusy, can you press the shirt? Hard to tell when its all wrinkled and untucked

I will post another pic, that was taken when I took them out of the box. :)

Your measurements don't make sense. You can't have a 32 inch waist with a 19.5" flat.
Do you have a trusted tailor you can go to ?

Now that you say it, I agree, but just to double check the flat measurement should be less than that? Yes about the tailor, but he is like old school and don't trust this services. Let me check that measurement again. Thanks Mauro!

Just get your measurements is inches by him.
If you have a 32 inch waist your flat measurement should be 16 inch of course we aren't including overage which is added to every shirt.

The overage is about 2"? The first shirt I posted have the 19.5" in the waist, and tucked in the waist doesn't look clean. So maybe 18" would work well?

no, no. I am all about snug fitting shirts but there's a point were the garment is just to tight. Have you tried on one of my shirts yet?

Nop. Are they already in the store you told me?

joshuasaussey your opinion would be much appreciated in here too. If I don't remember bad you have already order from Luxire.

Not yet. Did you go visit Silver Deer?

Not yet again haha. I was hoping that you tell me that your brand is already there so I can in my car and take a look at them. :) Maybe I go and take a look. Can I help you with something?

Here's a pic of the first shirt tucked in. I didn't use the military tuck on something like that, I just tucked it in and that's it.

Dismiss all the breaks in the pants, tailor is coming today to fix the length.

la foto 3.JPG

la foto 2.JPG

Chorn Chorn - See the unnatural break in the fabric running from the left pec downward? That's caused from the shirt darts being too narrow in the back. You can see the silhouette breaking at the bottom of his lats as well. Too hourglass-y.

Sorry, Betelgeuse Betelgeuse , but that fits pretty badly. The chest is too tight, the shoulders are too narrow, the back is too taken in. Keep it for going out to the clubs.

:challengefailed-71:

I think that with the 19.5" shoulder that could be fixed. And I will ask for one more inch on the chest. But the waist... I still don't know what measurement to ask there, I was thinking 19" but that would be less than the pictured above.

Yesterday I tried a 16 1/2 Borrelli... the shoulders fitted better and the chest too, but the waist is massive one me and wll the neck looks big. I will try to get one of those from eBay very cheap and look how they fit.

This is why sometimes I wonder... "to get a well-known brand shirt that fits mediocre or get one that fits perfect?" but well we all know the answer.

:challengefailed-71:

I think that with the 19.5" shoulder that could be fixed. And I will ask for one more inch on the chest. But the waist... I still don't know what measurement to ask there, I was thinking 19" but that would be less than the pictured above.

Yesterday I tried a 16 1/2 Borrelli... the shoulders fitted better and the chest too, but the waist is massive one me and wll the neck looks big. I will try to get one of those from eBay very cheap and look how they fit.

This is why sometimes I wonder... "to get a well-known brand shirt that fits mediocre or get one that fits perfect?" but well we all know the answer.

I'd quit sinking money into that shirt. Use it as your Mirrey shirt and get a Ferragamo belt.

I'd quit sinking money into that shirt. Use it as your Mirrey shirt and get a Ferragamo belt.

:LOLguy-88:

I have one. My dad give it to me as a birthday gift last year... so I can't sell it. Fortunately enough it's black and since I don't wear black, I have only used it a couple of times when I'm invited to graduations and I wore a black suit.

:LOLguy-88:

I have one. My dad give it to me as a birthday gift last year... so I can't sell it. Fortunately enough it's black and since I don't wear black, I have only used it a couple of times when I'm invited to graduations and I wore a black suit.

Perfect! You've got a whole mirrey outfit setup. Now get some Ferragamo loafers on eBay for cheap to complete the image. You'll be pulling in clubs in no time!!!

Perfect! You've got a whole mirrey outfit setup. Now get some Ferragamo loafers on eBay for cheap to complete the image. You'll be pulling in clubs in no time!!!

Not loafers but...

2012-07-07 15.06.26.jpg

Haha! I bought those when I know nothing about clothes and shoes. The lace-ups are fine, I use them most of the time, they are comfortable to walk around and for day-in day-out use. The mocassins... I bought them half number short. So I'm still selling them.

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate Collar is great, was the shirt I wore in my last fit pic. Ordered unlined, unfused collars for a great collar roll.

F**k... so, do I needed to order something special to add the collar roll? I asked for the Semi Spread collar, just changed the height from 1.5 to 1.75.

Unlined collars give you great collar roll with a button-down collar. If you ordered a semi-spread I'm not sure what you mean by roll?

I think he meant if you had to specify whether or not they came unlined. Because he didn't but would like that option.

Unlined collars give you great collar roll with a button-down collar. If you ordered a semi-spread I'm not sure what you mean by roll?

Something like this... don't know if roll is the correct term, but the collar kinda rolls smoothly donwards... or this is not called roll?

15052013 (2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom