News You Can Lose

Pimpernel Smith

You can say that again: ''The number of incidents involving illegal hand grenades in the Netherlands is growing explosively....''

Fwiffo

Supporter

"I was wrong. I swiped left for days on opposite-sex couples preying on bisexual women and encountered numerous profiles for — you guessed it — straight, cisgender men. I would estimate that at least half of the profiles shown to me by the app were either couples or men: a shockingly high amount."

What is a cisgender man?

Fwiffo

Supporter

“‘It was an ongoing process,’ she insists, ‘that began when he lost the presidential campaign.’ Okay, then: a process of what? Aging, dementia, galloping halitosis; loss of faith, relevance, marbles”

He sounds like a proper wanker. I only knew him through his Sept 11 days.

Fwiffo

Supporter

Disney cuts a scene where two women are kissing to get a lower age rating at the cinema. Just imagine if you cut scenes where two men are kissing - it would be G rated then.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"A Canadian actor said she was unwittingly hired to protest in support of a Huawei executive fighting extradition to the US.

Julia Hackstaff told local media she thought she had taken a job as a background extra.

Instead she found herself holding a placard outside the Vancouver courthouse where telecoms executive Meng Wanzhou was to appear for an extradition hearing."

I guess this is cross charged to the Huawei PR budget.

Fwiffo

Supporter

“Fifty per cent of the UK's 10-year-olds owned a smartphone in 2019, according to a report by media regulator Ofcom.

The amount of young phone owners doubled between the ages of nine and 10, which Ofcom dubbed ’the age of digital independence’.

In addition, 24% of 3 and 4-year-olds had their own tablet, and 15% of them were allowed to take it to bed.”

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Mrs Winston Wolkoff says one of Mrs Trump's often repeated lines is 'pleasing anyone else is not my priority', and later writes: 'Ever the pragmatist, she reasoned that since she had no control over people's thoughts, why should she care what they believed.'"

She doesn't care what other people think. Her husband only cares about what he thinks of himself and what others think of him. It's like the EQ match made in heaven.

Top Bottom