News You Can Lose

Pimpernel Smith

You can say that again: ''The number of incidents involving illegal hand grenades in the Netherlands is growing explosively....''

Fwiffo

Supporter

"I was wrong. I swiped left for days on opposite-sex couples preying on bisexual women and encountered numerous profiles for — you guessed it — straight, cisgender men. I would estimate that at least half of the profiles shown to me by the app were either couples or men: a shockingly high amount."

What is a cisgender man?

Fwiffo

Supporter

“‘It was an ongoing process,’ she insists, ‘that began when he lost the presidential campaign.’ Okay, then: a process of what? Aging, dementia, galloping halitosis; loss of faith, relevance, marbles”

He sounds like a proper wanker. I only knew him through his Sept 11 days.

Fwiffo

Supporter

Disney cuts a scene where two women are kissing to get a lower age rating at the cinema. Just imagine if you cut scenes where two men are kissing - it would be G rated then.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"A Canadian actor said she was unwittingly hired to protest in support of a Huawei executive fighting extradition to the US.

Julia Hackstaff told local media she thought she had taken a job as a background extra.

Instead she found herself holding a placard outside the Vancouver courthouse where telecoms executive Meng Wanzhou was to appear for an extradition hearing."

I guess this is cross charged to the Huawei PR budget.

Fwiffo

Supporter

“Fifty per cent of the UK's 10-year-olds owned a smartphone in 2019, according to a report by media regulator Ofcom.

The amount of young phone owners doubled between the ages of nine and 10, which Ofcom dubbed ’the age of digital independence’.

In addition, 24% of 3 and 4-year-olds had their own tablet, and 15% of them were allowed to take it to bed.”

Top Bottom