NFL 2023

Packers..come from behind win in OT. Some big defensive stops in the second half to shut down Bengals down.

Ravens look really bad. I'm surprised Flacco is still starting. Ten straight games with interceptions.

At least Raiders at Broncos looks exciting.

Any good resources that can explain why watching NFL is fun to a non-American?

Any good resources that can explain why watching NFL is fun to a non-American?
we love violence and its our most violent sport. doesn't require much in the way of thinking. used to be better so the olds can bitch. perfect for fantasy if you're a nerd.

Watching Saints at Lions - mostly because I actually know the two quarterbacks.

Lots of turnovers, big plays with bad defence and shoddy ball handling on the part of Stafford = high scoring game for the Saints.

Surprised Jets are up on the Patriots. I guess the Patriots aren't what people cracked them up to be at the beginning of the season.

Saw McCown screw up the comeback for the Jets. Off to see the Rams at Jaguars. This is completely different than the Jaguars game I saw two seasons ago. I still think Bortles is a bit shabby for a starting QB.

Rodgers out for the year. Wonder if they'll sign Kaepernick?

You mean sign nuclear material? He's out for the whole year? I'm watching half time and they didn't say that. Kaepernick is mildly worse than Russell Wilson.

Blake Bortles looking exactly how I thought he'd look. I have no idea how this team is 3-2. One win I remember was a blowout against the Ravens in London.

James Harrison gets a critical sack to stifle the Chiefs comeback drive. The guy was playing with The Bus back in the Motown Superbowl.

DeMarco Murray and Eric Decker both play on the Titans? Isn't that the has been tandem?

Is Case Keenum the backup to Bradford or the other way around on the Vikings?

Ravens sloppy every time I see them this season. Mike Wallace just took a vicious hit. No way he comes back in if that concussion protocol is worth anything.

Went to the Saints and Packers game. It was a grudge match until the Saints pulled away. Good veteran play from Brees. You knew someone had to throw that one punch and they would clock control and win the game.

On to Bengals and Steelers now.

Bengals kept up with the Steelers but the Steelers just outplayed them in the second half. Same with that Saints game. The better club finds an extra gear and pulls away.

Another Tom Brady night. I really hope Falcons find it in them to avenge their loss - not that I like the Falcons, just don't want to see any Patriots run. Really surprised Bills are at the top of the AFC East with them.

My bad - I keep mixing footy and football. Watching Redskins now. Eagles are #1 in their division?!

I struggle to see how the Eagles are top of NFC East. So many coverage issues. Vernon Davis running rampant.

Eagles won last night? When I turned off at the half the Redskins were clearly converting their chances.

The Bills are doing surprisingly well this year. I had no idea they could beat the Raiders.

Packers look dire without Rodgers. It doesn't make much sense since it's only one position, but they couldn't even kick a 20 yard field goal. Then I realised the Lions have a .500 record too but the Packers make them look like division leaders.

McAdoo talking about benching Eli Manning. What a shambles the Giants are (again).

Yes - but as I never studied in the States why would I randomly pick a university to support?

I'm randomly picking Saints at Bills over Steelers at Colts. I just think it's more competitive. Somehow my father's cable feed gets Browns at Lions. That's got to be a torturous experience.

Switched away from the Saints blowing out the Bills to watch the Steelers. Colts starting to show their creaky quality but to be honest, Steelers should be crushing them.

Not sure why the Steelers laboured that much, but they win. Off to Texans at Rams.

Lions always making it hard on themselves. At least they are somewhat competitive so Thursday afternoon won't be so painful.

Watched the Giants eke out a second win. KC on a serious slide. Not sure they will recover in time for the playoffs.

Patriots looks like they are a foregone win in Mexico.

Why can't people kick field goals less than 35 yards indoors anymore?

For that matter, why are extra point kicks a challenge now?

I know that, but NFL kickers - isn't 35 and below automatic? This is the era of people trying for 50 yard field goals.
someone floated a theory a while back that the short extra point was akin to a warmup kick in real time, and the constant ability to do those lead kickers to be better prepared to make actual field goals. no clue whether that's been born out in the analytics or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom