NFL 2023

I haven't been following the preseason this year - at all actually. Obviously still cheering for the Broncos because of Manning. I reckon I'll probably miss Thursday's opener and because of the offsite management I'll be gone Sunday and Monday too. I do look forward to opening up my work laptop Sunday afternoons and spending it with my father on the sofa.

The Redskins are gonna suck again. I can't get but so emotionally invested just yet.

Gotta lean on the Tide and Chelsea for my sports for the moment.

I hope the Titans perform better than average and not finish last. :challengefailed:

We all know that dweeb wasn't banging down E at the Derby. Just nailed some speed.

We're betting every week?

I won't be able to be with my father to see the season openers and first Monday night game so I'm going tonight to the family home to watch at least half of the Seahawks and Packers; neither of which I give a toss about.

Bloody offsite management meetings.

I'm eagerly awaiting Chicago to get swept up in "this is our year" hype, and then have Jay Cutler blow it all away. Like all the times.

Worst divine justice: Still, divine justice did not require that Washington fumble its next snap and give the ball back to the Texans. That was mean, divine justice. That was taking ball don’t lie entirely too far.

Chicago has started their descent into Jay Cutler-inspired mediocrity earlier in the season than I anticipated.

I checked in here seeing the Bills and Bears tied. Then after a few cigarettes all I'm seeing is a collapse by the Cowboys. Only good thing is the front desk girl in the pencil skirt keeps coming to refill my drinks.

Why am I watching Romo blow up again?

Peyton Manning - according to Al Michael's, running a clinic.

Parking at Cowboy's stadium today:

Bw8yzm-IAAAgVi9.jpg

Ravens released Ray Rice today after the video of him knocking out his wife inside the elevator came out.

An SFer who I'm facebook friends with brought up an interesting thought experiment - what if Ray Rice had knocked out his younger brother and then he and his brother made up. Would he have been suspended any games at all?

An SFer who I'm facebook friends with brought up an interesting thought experiment - what if Ray Rice had knocked out his younger brother and then he and his brother made up. Would he have been suspended any games at all?

Somewhat related. My brother and I were joking about the initial lax suspension he got, relative to the fucking bullshit suspensions for hitting in the wrong places. "Knock out a 90 lb defenseless woman? No problem! But you hit a 290 lb grown football player and your ass is toast mister!!"

Hadn't heard yet he was released. I'm pleased with that, although I also don't think that visual evidence of what happened finally surfacing should have led to a greater punishment than what was originally deemed "a response" by the NFL.

Whether you actually see it happen or not, he knocked out his wife. Punishment shouldn't be greater or less just because you can suddenly visualize it.

I'm sure someone will still take him if he's productive. Look at Michael Vick.

I think the only way you get dropped is if you kill someone like that Patriots bloke.

Ravens released Ray Rice today after the video of him knocking out his wife inside the elevator came out.

So TMZ is reporting that the NFL & the Ravens had the same video that they have. It was in their hands when the 2 game suspension was brought down.

That was a serious punch, worthy of our street fight thread.

The whole thing was handled so badly, you couldn't even start to document it. It actually begins with the court system... he got off by taking some class in some program.

In other news, Hard Knocks is gone. Nothing to see here anymore.

Fuck yeah, Olberman has been at his best on this one:

Here was his essay when the suspension was originally handed down:

I thought I was watching the hapless Giants from last season.

Fuck yeah, Olberman has been at his best on this one:

Here was his essay when the suspension was originally handed down:

What Rice did was obviously wrong, but Olberman just reinforces why I think he is mildly autistic. That is a stupid infantile overreaction piece, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom