NFL 2023

So who do we have in the superbowl? Im going chiefs. They just seem to have too many weapons. I think its going to be a really good game though.

I'm neutral but I'm going to my club's Superbowl party with a mate of mine. Free food but drinks are for pay.

jesus what a trash setup.

You were expecting free booze? The club members would drink that place into bankruptcy in one night. I assume the buffet will all be sports bar food.

I assume it's two offence minded teams going at it.

You were expecting free booze? The club members would drink that place into bankruptcy in one night. I assume the buffet will all be sports bar food.

I assume it's two offence minded teams going at it.
At least some cheap beer and wine for gods sake. Whats the point in living in luxury just for some luke warm wings?

It was back and forth there for a bit. Both teams had the usual first quarter jitters.

I was more interested in how Jennifer Lopez is older than Shakira but looks better and moves better than her.

i think they've got a shot to make it all the way. they already had a good team. if it weren't for jameis throwing 30 interceptions they could have made the playoffs.

Make it all the way would be Titans or 49ers... this is more like Favre going to the Jets. But then again Favre took the Vikings to the Super Bowl on his next stop

Make it all the way would be Titans or 49ers... this is more like Favre going to the Jets. But then again Favre took the Vikings to the Super Bowl on his next stop
i dont know. it certainly will be interesting to settle the bellickeck vs brady influence on winning debate.

I don't think it's a debate. They both had as much to do with winning, IMO. Take away either and the Pats don't win 6.
Yes thats going to be the debate. If the pats still win bog then maybe brady wasnt as important. If they lose then maybe bellicheck wasnt. We'll see soon enough

The pressure is more on Brady. Coach has made lots of regular players and egotistical and somewhat damaged players into good ones. It's Brady who needs to own up to his greatest of all time stature of making others around him in a different system great.

Panthers release Cam Newton. Wasn't he the face of the franchise?

No one wanted to trade for Cam Newton? McNabb got a second pay day. I am sure he could have got the same.

The team told him they would try and find a trade for him even though he was not looking for a trade or to leave. McNabb wasn't gimped when he went to the Redskins. He was just ineffective in the end in Philadelphia.

Newton was released because he was gimped, in the last year of a big contract and no one wants to give him big $$ for another one.

“On a per-year basis, the deal vaults McCaffrey past the Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott as the highest-paid running back in the NFL.”

A white guy is the highest paid running back. Definitely surprising.

Really? Here is what he has accomplished in 3 seasons with the first one having him not being the full time RB.

Next season would be his final year of his rookie deal so they needed to sign him.

NFL Records
  • Most receptions by a running back in a single game (15)
  • Most receptions by a running back in a single season (116)
  • Only running back to have two seasons with 100 or more receptions.
  • First player in NFL history to record over 1,000 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in the first 10 games of a season.
  • Only the third player in NFL history to record over 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving in a single season. He joins Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig.
  • First rookie running back in NFL history with 70 receptions and five receiving touchdowns
  • First player in NFL history with 50 rushing and 50 receiving yards in five consecutive games
  • Most receptions by a running back in first 3 seasons with 303 receptions
  • Only the second running back in NFL history with 2000+ receiving yards in his first 42 games (shared with Herschel Walker)
  • Only the second player in NFL history with at least 20 rushing TDs and at least 15 receiving TDs through their first three seasons.
  • Third most scrimmage yards in a single season in NFL history (2,392)

Really? Here is what he has accomplished in 3 seasons with the first one having him not being the full time RB.

Next season would be his final year of his rookie deal so they needed to sign him.

I know he's another Marshall Faulk type player and not the one giving you 2000 yd rushing/season. I watched him in his first year. Lately not so much. Just surprised.

so a future hall of famer?

Marshall Faulk type. Not Marshall Faulk.

Running backs these days barely get to their 10th season so I would be surprised how many are actually inducted a decade from now.

Running backs these days barely get to their 10th season so I would be surprised how many are actually inducted a decade from now.
its likely they'll start sliding the eligibility downward to match the playing time trend. i dont think there are going to be any more Barry Sanders types in today's game.

its likely they'll start sliding the eligibility downward to match the playing time trend. i dont think there are going to be any more Barry Sanders types in today's game.

You mean Emmitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom