Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

When you hit the IDGAF phase in life you do what you want.
If they were letters it's illegible. If it's a picture it's distorted. If the canvas is such poor quality why paint on it?

Women who are showing their mid riff. Why? You're so fat you make a pregnant woman svelte. No one wants to see it.

On summer nights I can hear the rooftop bar's DJ from the hotel across the street and North from me. The only blessing is around 2230 he turns it down and the bar closes at 2300.

HSBC moved into the office across the street and east of me. When I leave in the morning after 7 I see some bloke smoking in a suit and dress shirt at what is the back of the office building. Should I come early around 1630 or 1700f I swear he is downstairs smoking.

On summer nights I can hear the rooftop bar's DJ from the hotel across the street and North from me. The only blessing is around 2230 he turns it down and the bar closes at 2300.

HSBC moved into the office across the street and east of me. When I leave in the morning after 7 I see some bloke smoking in a suit and dress shirt at what is the back of the office building. Should I come early around 1630 or 1700f I swear he is downstairs smoking.
Hardly see anyone smoking in the designated smoking areas at the office building. One regular fat middle chap occasionally, that's about it.

One of the shaven headed dudes down at the car wash has let his hair grow out. I nearly didn't recognize him other than his tattoos. Also shows how long I left it before getting the car washed.

There is a old busker a block away from me who is playing consistently in the evenings now. He has a violin and I reckon he is a fiddler but he keeps playing to a backdrop of 1990s pop music. Shania Twain. Music and tunes that don't fit his violin and he has the volume turned up so high I almost don't hear his violin.

Men wearing running shoes with suits. I don't mean odd trousers and a blazer. Full suit and sometimes tie. Are your leather shoes so uncomfortable that you need pair them with trainers?

Men wearing dress trousers and a plain dress shirt and a waistcoat in the middle of summer. Fashion statement? I don't see anyone doing that except my barber.

Men boast about their knowledge. This one bloke goes on about how you can't travel from US to Cuba. Cuba is a communist country. So is Russia. The girl asks what is a communist country? Communism, he says, is when the government has too much power. But those are the two communist countries.

Tourist season in full force. I often have to dodge inadvertently being in people’s photographs or selfies. I never photograph well and I would hate to be immortalized in someone else’s album.

Today it was impossible as a row of 8 was having their photograph taken on the left and a woman was doing a selfie on the right. I ended up being in both their photographs going up the middle.

Graffiti saying the unvaccinated are still breathing. Been a theme this week.

People filming the arrival of trains on their mobile.

Personally I try to stand away so the ringing bell and screeching metal isn't causing more hearing loss than it already has.

It's a commuter train. It's not even a high speed bullet train.

People's attire in the summer.

Wearing a coat with a furry hat when it is 18c in the morning.

Wearing a colourful window pane dress shirt with the collar and top button unbuttoned on top of a white dress shirt with a neck tie around the collar of the white shirt underneath.

Just watched the opening of the One Young World summit in Manchester. Other than Meghan Markle, the speakers were all my mum's age group. And Meghan Markle isn't exactly in the 18-30 age group.

Ever since I moved into this co-working space I have been seeing this one white construction guy in jeans and neon orange and yellow vest hit on this Asian size double zero barista most afternoons. He literally hangs around until there aren't any clients to flirt with her. The building down the street is almost finished so he shows up one afternoon and says his supervisor might keep him around for a few more weeks in September.

Silence. And then he said sarcastically don't show all your emotions that you are going to miss me all at once.

I saw him once stalking her going to the subway.

These weirdo freaks wearing bubble coat jackets in 20-25C.

See them on bikes, coming out of the schools, they can't all be hiding their mugging gear in them.

It's definitely there when the morning temperatures don't climb above 20c.

I am cold myself but I haven't resorted to silk and linen scarves yet.

Lately the co working space is getting another slew of people. The latest is a woman who arrives by herself and then some time mid to late afternoon she brings her son.

The son is well behaved. He stares at his mobile phone for the duration.

I am just curious why she doesn't just go home and continue on from there. It's not like she works past 6pm.

The women on my Instagram and their cause célèbre.

Today's edition. A Punjabi girl born and raised in a liberal suburb to immigrant parents saluting Giorgia Meloni who was born in the birthplace of Mussolini and ran under the same party on an anti migrant and anti LGBTQ platform.

Female solidarity trumps all.

People rolling up their trouser’s cuffs. Why don’t you get it hemmed?

Not raining. I have been seeing it on jeans. Then khakis. Haven't seen suits yet.

Maybe pleats will come back.
You have just noticed this on jeans and casual pants? It has been common practice for generations. It is a fundamental part of streetwear and denim.

But if you need provenance:

1664372158128.png

1664372201274.png

I did it as a child because I didn't want to beg my aunt to hem them and I didn't have money to get it altered even at a dry cleaner.

Women wearing a black dress, black hose, black coat and white shoes. Women wearing a white skirt, no hose, white top and black shoes. For that matter men wearing a beige blazer, dark navy trousers and black shoes. Men wearing a black rain coat, a dark charcoal grey or navy suit and medium brown almost tan shoes.

Dead critters. Today I saw a rat that was one and half hand span.

For the past two weeks the handful of Persian women I follow on Instagram have been continuously posting stories about the protest against the regime. Not just one or two stories and posts, it is double digits every time I open Instagram.

Whomever used the gym late at night in my building often cranks up the weight room to a sickening 24c.

For the past two weeks I have come across a few rats at least the size of my hand or larger. I wonder how much they have to eat to stay alive.

Whomever used the gym late at night in my building often cranks up the weight room to a sickening 24c.

For the past two weeks I have come across a few rats at least the size of my hand or larger. I wonder how much they have to eat to stay alive.
Rats in the weight room? Not a good thing!

The rats were on the street. Around a two block radius of my co-working place.

The dead one was about two metres away from a homeless person's tent.

The other was scurrying outside a Chinese restaurant.

I await people to judge me I am stereotyping.

The rats were on the street. Around a two block radius of my co-working place.

The dead one was about two metres away from a homeless person's tent.

The other was scurrying outside a Chinese restaurant.

I await people to judge me I am stereotyping.
So the rats followed you to weight room?

Autumn is here and my finger tips are already dry. Too much hand washing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom