Of Fok, Dieworkwear, Archibald of London, trolls, shills and scams on SF

Nope. I doubt the factory is in cahoots with the Archibald tricksters. The order is too small to justify the fraud. The AOL cunts just blame the factory for the scam. My guess is a factory other than Alessandro Cappi did the fulfillment. Also the shoe aficionados at SF are quite happy to get a 30% refund on their hand welted orders, and opt to keep the cemented shoes.

Nope. I doubt the factory is in cahoots with the Archibald tricksters. The order is too small to justify the fraud. The AOL cunts just blame the factory for the scam. My guess is a factory other than Alessandro Cappi did the fulfillment. Also the shoe aficionados at SF are quite happy to get a 30% refund on their hand welted orders, and opt to keep the cemented shoes.

these toelickers fetish will love vulcan made unshoes.

Couldn’t ready read to that whole crap, but are they basically saying they are raising their prices?

can anyone give the cliff notes of what the fuck they're up to so we don't have to read that wall of text?

I didn’t read it in full either cause fuck me what a load of crap, but I think they essentially never had a working business model (selling overpriced-but-not-so-overpriced crap), so now they are going to raise prices and sell properly-overpriced crap

Summary: We didn't have a clue what we were doing then but we thought a lot of half arsed MBA marketing bullshit might confuse people. Also - we still don't know what we are doing so we thought we'd update the same bullshit"

I've highlighted some universal danger signals

Dear Archibald Community,
I have some rather big news to share. We have taken some important decisions that will change the core business model of Archibald London going forward for the best. Our fundamental values remain the same; our mission statement is to offer supreme quality from the best artisans in their respective fields at prices that don’t conform to the typical retail model or markup. We exist because we think more people should have the ability to access these wonderful items and own less of better. However, the business model we have been operating under for the past seven years simply doesn’t work in the world and marketplace right now and needs to be updated accordingly.

For those of you who have experienced some of my other detailed and (at times, ill-advisedly open) blog posts and messages to the community, you will be used to the type of in-depth explanation I am about to give for the above decisions which are outlined in the body of this memo. They are all fundamentally important to the survival of our brand and in protecting the value of our artisans and the products they make. This is my way of remaining transparent with the community we have worked to build so everyone is aware of what we are doing and why.
Archibald London set out to create something that has never successfully been achieved: a direct-to-consumer luxury brand that offers outstanding quality with products that rival all other high luxury labels, for a fraction of the price. I know I have written endlessly about what I have been trying to do, and the truth is over the years we have done a lot to try and make it work. But the time has come to admit we have been pushing the boulder up the hill. The concept has from day one been approached with a heavy degree of skepticism all a business model to date) doesn’t highlight how special these pieces actually are or reflect the amount of effort our artisans put into every item they make. Our current prices don’t reflect the quality of our cashmere or leather or account for the small details like our horn buttons or platinum plated brass hardware. Even though our items are made by master craftsmen with superior materials and detailing, we realize we have priced ourselves in a way that devalues the DNA of our products and our partners who make them.

We turned a critical eye inwards and explored every piece of our infrastructure to analyze where we were going wrong. We needed to pragmatically consider what we could do to affect the change needed to push our brand forward. To that end, our conclusion was that we needed to move away from the original business model of Archibald and adjust our entire approach to pricing.

Shorter version: We didn't know what we are doing. And still have NFI

After almost 8 years, I am finally prepared to throw in the towel. Not just because our historical approach to pricing causes issues in the underlying narrative of the products we offer, but because the entire approach was flawed from the start. While we thought it was at the time, it isn’t the most disruptive or efficient business model possible (because we have technically found one more disruptive), and most importantly, it does a disservice to the products we offer and the people who make them. Does this mean we will be applying the same mark-ups of traditional retailers to our products? Not quite.

Therefore, we will be going with a markup of 3x the cost for most of the items under our new, revised pricing model. As we deal only with direct sales at the moment, this will allow us closer to a 60% net margin at full price after accounting for variable costs associated with a sale and therefore the final prices we sell at (though still lower) than prices offered by traditional luxury retailers, are not SO much lower than they are doing a disservice to the product and puts us in a healthier position as a company. It will also allow us some breathing space to offer items through other distribution channels which will also serve to improve business for the men and women who make the items we offer.

This also means that the membership model we have recently launched is increasingly attractive. We feel it is the future of Archibald London. Through our Naked program, not only can we offer pricing no one else can, but we can cultivate a community that helps us grow this idea to achieve its full potential. To that end, in order to make the process work effectively, we will be adding a small blanket of “protectionist” margin to some of the Naked prices to allow for necessary business costs.

We also understand that in order to make Naked membership work, we have to provide a good reason for customers to join and stick around. We need to make our product offering refreshing and enticing, which means expanding our assortment both within existing categories and venturing out into new ones. We mean to do so in the most efficient way possible and have taken a page out of the playbook used by brands who crowdfund production using a“built-by-you” initiative. We will be calling ours “Backed by You,” and it will be a mechanism through which our team can design and create samples with our network of craftsmen. We will only put an item into production if we reach a certain number of pre-orders, or “backed bids,” that cover the minimums for a specific design. The minimums will vary by product; one item might require one order and another might require twenty. This method is not just more sustainable, but it also ensures we are working with the community (you) to understand and create the items you want.

In considering all of the changes detailed above, we considered everything from a cohesive 360-degree view and approach. To ensure we could facilitate “Backed by You,” and also finesse our entire customer service process as it is a paramount part of any business and will be an even more critical touchpoint for our membership program, we spent a lot of time creating and putting new systems in place. The team is very small at the moment. In utilizing these new systems we are managing to maintain minimal overheads while remaining as efficient as possible. We are still able to bring you a top-tier consumer experience that will even be interactive through a private user dashboard created for you on our website.

Everything outlined above is the culmination of years’ worth of observations, data, and analysis from myself and others as we seek to transform this brand one last time. After this final effort, I can truly say I have done my best to create something unique for all of you, our community, and our customers. While purchasing and enjoying nice things shouldn’t require so much thought, and while some are more interested in the product than what is happening in the background, many of you do want to remain informed. Regardless of which category you fall within, I hope you understand what we are trying to build with this brand and story. I do feel it is not fair to enact change without giving an explanation first, no matter how big or small the change, of course, so thank you for taking the time to read and digest this memo.

So that’s it, the next roll of the die.

Let’s see if this works.

360 view... facilitate...
Archibald of London, sounds like they picked their name from a gay contact mag.

Just looked at their site, sheepskin coats, leather jackets, loafers? - it's like a scattergun of menswear.

Last edited:
They want to be the Gustin of #menswear?

I guess it’s not a bad business model if you can find great suppliers and come up with great designs. People will pay up front and then wait, if they think they are getting something special.

Most likely another scam in the making. In future, to enjoy the Archibald homos' Naked, you need to pay in advance 3 months membership dues. Then you may buy shoddy, overhyped, overpriced, pseudo luxury items from AOL, which may, or may not be delivered.

Summary: We didn't have a clue what we were doing then but we thought a lot of half arsed MBA marketing bullshit might confuse people. Also - we still don't know what we are doing so we thought we'd update the same bullshit"

I've highlighted some universal danger signals

Dear Archibald Community,
I have some rather big news to share. We have taken some important decisions that will change the core business model of Archibald London going forward for the best. Our fundamental values remain the same; our mission statement is to offer supreme quality from the best artisans in their respective fields at prices that don’t conform to the typical retail model or markup. We exist because we think more people should have the ability to access these wonderful items and own less of better. However, the business model we have been operating under for the past seven years simply doesn’t work in the world and marketplace right now and needs to be updated accordingly.

For those of you who have experienced some of my other detailed and (at times, ill-advisedly open) blog posts and messages to the community, you will be used to the type of in-depth explanation I am about to give for the above decisions which are outlined in the body of this memo. They are all fundamentally important to the survival of our brand and in protecting the value of our artisans and the products they make. This is my way of remaining transparent with the community we have worked to build so everyone is aware of what we are doing and why.
Archibald London set out to create something that has never successfully been achieved: a direct-to-consumer luxury brand that offers outstanding quality with products that rival all other high luxury labels, for a fraction of the price. I know I have written endlessly about what I have been trying to do, and the truth is over the years we have done a lot to try and make it work. But the time has come to admit we have been pushing the boulder up the hill. The concept has from day one been approached with a heavy degree of skepticism all a business model to date) doesn’t highlight how special these pieces actually are or reflect the amount of effort our artisans put into every item they make. Our current prices don’t reflect the quality of our cashmere or leather or account for the small details like our horn buttons or platinum plated brass hardware. Even though our items are made by master craftsmen with superior materials and detailing, we realize we have priced ourselves in a way that devalues the DNA of our products and our partners who make them.

We turned a critical eye inwards and explored every piece of our infrastructure to analyze where we were going wrong. We needed to pragmatically consider what we could do to affect the change needed to push our brand forward. To that end, our conclusion was that we needed to move away from the original business model of Archibald and adjust our entire approach to pricing.

Shorter version: We didn't know what we are doing. And still have NFI

After almost 8 years, I am finally prepared to throw in the towel. Not just because our historical approach to pricing causes issues in the underlying narrative of the products we offer, but because the entire approach was flawed from the start. While we thought it was at the time, it isn’t the most disruptive or efficient business model possible (because we have technically found one more disruptive), and most importantly, it does a disservice to the products we offer and the people who make them. Does this mean we will be applying the same mark-ups of traditional retailers to our products? Not quite.

Therefore, we will be going with a markup of 3x the cost for most of the items under our new, revised pricing model. As we deal only with direct sales at the moment, this will allow us closer to a 60% net margin at full price after accounting for variable costs associated with a sale and therefore the final prices we sell at (though still lower) than prices offered by traditional luxury retailers, are not SO much lower than they are doing a disservice to the product and puts us in a healthier position as a company. It will also allow us some breathing space to offer items through other distribution channels which will also serve to improve business for the men and women who make the items we offer.

This also means that the membership model we have recently launched is increasingly attractive. We feel it is the future of Archibald London. Through our Naked program, not only can we offer pricing no one else can, but we can cultivate a community that helps us grow this idea to achieve its full potential. To that end, in order to make the process work effectively, we will be adding a small blanket of “protectionist” margin to some of the Naked prices to allow for necessary business costs.

We also understand that in order to make Naked membership work, we have to provide a good reason for customers to join and stick around. We need to make our product offering refreshing and enticing, which means expanding our assortment both within existing categories and venturing out into new ones. We mean to do so in the most efficient way possible and have taken a page out of the playbook used by brands who crowdfund production using a“built-by-you” initiative. We will be calling ours “Backed by You,” and it will be a mechanism through which our team can design and create samples with our network of craftsmen. We will only put an item into production if we reach a certain number of pre-orders, or “backed bids,” that cover the minimums for a specific design. The minimums will vary by product; one item might require one order and another might require twenty. This method is not just more sustainable, but it also ensures we are working with the community (you) to understand and create the items you want.

In considering all of the changes detailed above, we considered everything from a cohesive 360-degree view and approach. To ensure we could facilitate “Backed by You,” and also finesse our entire customer service process as it is a paramount part of any business and will be an even more critical touchpoint for our membership program, we spent a lot of time creating and putting new systems in place. The team is very small at the moment. In utilizing these new systems we are managing to maintain minimal overheads while remaining as efficient as possible. We are still able to bring you a top-tier consumer experience that will even be interactive through a private user dashboard created for you on our website.

Everything outlined above is the culmination of years’ worth of observations, data, and analysis from myself and others as we seek to transform this brand one last time. After this final effort, I can truly say I have done my best to create something unique for all of you, our community, and our customers. While purchasing and enjoying nice things shouldn’t require so much thought, and while some are more interested in the product than what is happening in the background, many of you do want to remain informed. Regardless of which category you fall within, I hope you understand what we are trying to build with this brand and story. I do feel it is not fair to enact change without giving an explanation first, no matter how big or small the change, of course, so thank you for taking the time to read and digest this memo.

So that’s it, the next roll of the die.

Let’s see if this works.
In otherwords: do not invest in this cockameany ponzi like scheme.
360 view... facilitate...
Archibald of London, sounds like they picked their name from a gay contact mag.

Just looked at their site, sheepskin coats, leather jackets, loafers? - it's like a scattergun of menswear.
Looking at what's happening on Savile Row, you might want to think twice before committing to a long term sartorial relationship which has London in the title.

Most likely another scam in the making. In future, to enjoy the Archibald homos' Naked, you need to pay in advance 3 months membership dues. Then you may buy shoddy, overhyped, overpriced, pseudo luxury items from AOL, which may, or may not be delivered.
what are the customers on styfo saying? i can't imagine they're going along with this scam.

The takeaway I see is that they need someone who knows how to communicate/market better. Plenty of companies have to reinvent what they do, but they make it sound like good press (or at least do a good job of attracting your attention elsewhere while they sweep the shit under the rug) whereas I couldn't be bothered to read more than a few sentences of that post.

Most, if not all, of AOL's artisans are actually smallish OEM factories which also sell their wares direct to customers, and can be googled. So the idea of paying membership dues for something you can buy direct, and usually at lower prices, is ludicrous and appeal only to the SF idiots and wannabes.

AOL talking about educating customers on luxury retail is an oxymoron, the Pakis have zilch idea about what they are hyping.

Whatever happened to bottom line up front communication? Get to the point.

Did his rant include the phrase "democratize access to...?" That bullshit is all the rage among startups these days.

N

Thank you all for wasting my time reading this! Now i am addicted to go through 88 pages on SF.

Fok and scam in the same sentence is a pleonasm.

Pleonasm is redundancy in linguistic expression, such as "black darkness" or "burning fire"or "anal butt". It is a manifestation of tautology by traditional rhetorical ...

Looks like things are looking up: Derek may have finally left. He posted far too much. He got caught up in a rut and wasted years of his life at that place, and for what??

Why do you all lose your time on such a toxic place?

It can be a toxic place because it can be tribal, and addiction is very strong there. The threads also go for hundreds or thousands of pages, so there is not much character to the forum. It is a funny place to go to. I have been going there for roughly 2 minutes per day lately.

Here is much better. Not so much to read through and easy to keep track of things and less big egos here. Those big forums are time wasters, people get addicted and become trapped. Derek got trapped, but now he appears to be growing up and might realise that real life is not internet forums. He will claim his life back again.

It can be a toxic place because it can be tribal, and addiction is very strong there. The threads also go for hundreds or thousands of pages, so there is not much character to the forum. It is a funny place to go to. I have been going there for roughly 2 minutes per day lately.

Here is much better. Not so much to read through and easy to keep track of things and less big egos here. Those big forums are time wasters, people get addicted and become trapped. Derek got trapped, but now he appears to be growing up and might realise that real life is not internet forums. He will claim his life back again.

That toxic slum has the same disturbed dynamic than destructive sects since the owner is also a psychopath. You must follow the wrong hype, idolatrate fake idols ( tackys, ignorants and scammers) and say SIEG HEIL to the corrupted owner.

If you try to explain what Jesus said: The "thruth" will make you free, you will be persecuted.

Stay away, since I do not visit there, I am way better.

So did Derek block everyone on Twitter too? What in the wild world of sports happened

Weird. I've never said a word to him on Twitter, how would he even know to block me.
Very. He reads as a bit burned out.

1654107843735.png

1654107877642.png

There are menswear discords and slacks?

Honestly can’t imagine a worse way to talk clothes than over slack.

Yeah I'd rather punch myself in the dick than talk clothes on discord or slack.

If you ever tweet to him sirloin sirloin ask why he blocked me even though we've never spoken.

Very. He reads as a bit burned out.

View attachment 43716

View attachment 43717

That asshole is another integrated psychopath or malignant narcissist, He pmed all that forum trying to discredit me telling a bad Finamore bespoke shirt I commisioned years ( and posted it that year) before I studied high tailoring was "made by myself as the poor shirtmaker I was".

Another rat plenty of complexes who needs expensive disguisses as social shield for all the personality issues and complexes that inferior being feels.

To hell with him ( and his cousin Fuck fok), two toxic degenerates with tons of mental issues who do project on others ( as all mental do).

An evidence of such a toxic inmature place for idiots cosplayed and a reason any of the Italian brands would ever mention or put adds on.

Stay away from that slum

Last edited:
Yeah I'd rather punch myself in the dick than talk clothes on discord or slack.

If you ever tweet to him sirloin sirloin ask why he blocked me even though we've never spoken.

I already answered in prior post. Inmature degenerate with deep personality and identity issues.

Borderline personality disorder or malignant narcisist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom