On How The Planet's Going To Shit: The Undeniability Of Climate Change

ballmouse

Ratings
Oh I don't doubt that with our current government structure such changes would be pretty much impossible (notice how in the US we cannot get anything done at all in the name of checks and balances).

But I'm not sure if can carry out any changes if all countries and people can't even agree on the idea that we should take care of the planet a little better. Once you have that understanding, then the consequences of more responsible living are a little more palatable.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Regardless of how much of global warming is man made, the suggestions to reduce gas emissions and maintain or improve the ozone layer seem to be good ideas.
I thought the ozone layer was on the mend after we banned CFCs. At least it looked it was until a few years ago when climate change stalled or reversed the progress temporarily.

There is a lot of bad science under pinning much of the restrictive and life diminishing legislation that is coming. You go to a French town or city in the rush hour and your breathing in serious of noxious fumes and isn't CO2 its the diesel fumes i.e. the nitrogen oxides, sulfur and soot. Also the trade-offs are a complete scam e.g. you can fly carbon neutral with us for an extra Euros 20 a flight. Really, how?

The current structure where we pretend to be green by shipping plastics to other countries to dump in the sea, or shifting manufacturing overseas, or pretending that living in a city is green because you ride on a bike, or the EU's ambition to grow the population massively whilst achieving zero net emissions is at best folly at worse, wilful ignorance.
No it isn't. You can continue your lifestyle or offset carbon emissions for 20 quid as long as some bloke on the other side of the planet is running around gnawing on a piece of bamboo with a piece of loin cloth wrapped around his waist. Enough people do that and we can continue enjoying our lifestyle.

The quality of life and population size that exists today is due to fossil fuels. There is yet no viable replacement for a barrel of oil. Cars around town yes, but for aircraft, the shipping industry, plastics, fertilizers and other petrochemicals there are no viable alternatives with the exception of nuclear powered shipping.
Nuclear power. Free energy forever.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
More new studies suggesting the current climate modelling is highly flawed because it leaves out important variables needed to make a meaningful conclusion.

Bombshell Claim: Scientists Find "Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist In Practice"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...man-made-climate-change-doesnt-exist-practice

NO EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FOR THE SIGNIFICANT ANTHROPOGENIC CLIMATE CHANGE
J. KAUPPINEN AND P. MALMI
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.00165.pdf

and lets remember that no-one is an expert to be able to make real climate change predictions because climate involves many areas of expertise needed. My understanding is that most climate/environmental scientists are only experts in one or two areas where-as the topic of climate change involves countless areas of expertise needed, therefore no-one is in a position to make any conclusions that man made climate change is occurring. So many climate scientists disagree and argue with each other because there are too many variables to take into account to really know what is really going on.

The 98% of scientists consensus busted.
I have lots of files on this, but here is a basic explanation why NASA and the 98% of scientists consensus is considered nonsense fluff.
Why Scientists Disagree About Global Warming: Joseph Bast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMnsyXJH0oI

It goes much deeper down the rabbit hole than this, and really dodgy stuff is going on in the climate change alarmist movement if one looks. I do hope people look at both sides of the argument. I've looked at both sides three times over the years. I was once a man made climate change believer like many are, but when one digs deep and studies communism and it's tactics, and globalisation, one soon sees unsettling things, and one also sees politicised and corrupted science used in the climate movement and the IPCC unwilling to debate in public with skeptics apparently.

Even if you believe in man made climate change, have a look at the other side for a bit of fun. I originally did that and was shocked with what l found. Check out Freeman Dyson and Lord Christopher Monckton for a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
We should do a poll about climate change and one's age. On this forum alone the skeptics skew older and the fervent believers are probably younger.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
We should do a poll about climate change and one's age. On this forum alone the skeptics skew older and the fervent believers are probably younger.
Yes, l think the schools are pushing the climate change ideas quite intensely, but even the older ones are increasingly believing in it because the media push it really hard. I am really surprised so many believe in it, and l wonder how many of those have looked into both sides of the arguments properly. I used to wonder why people were so skeptical of climate change until l started to look into it. The `so called' experts also started the climate change scare in the 80's and said by now the oceans would have covered much of the world. They even started the climate scare in the 1920's and said the ice was melting and the world was in trouble. If you look into things you'll see many examples of where the government employed/funded climate change scientists get called out really badly for their claims and they can't get around it. There are a number of climate change people who refuse to have public debates, including the IPCC members and Al Gore, because they know they'd get flattened in a debate.

The other thing l always wondered about was tree cutting. Instinctively things didn't add up. The so called experts told us 40 years ago that the forests were half gone and by now we would be out of trees. I started to get suspicious of this claim many years ago, and recently l find out that a forestry organisation reveals there are now more trees in the northern hemisphere than 60 years ago. Tree planting programs has likely helped a lot.

Then there is the nuclear scare. I've always bought into that, but it seems like there are some lies behind that too.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Yes, but isn't tree planting creating homogenous dead sources of lumber and not doing much for the ecosystem? That's what I read. I rather think the older set don't give a toss about the future as long as they enjoy the next 5, 10 or 15 years that they have left. Sadly for the youth who thanks to the miracles of silence will see their 100th birthday have much longer to worry about and therefore are more passionate about it. Humanity is selfish.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Yes, l think the schools are pushing the climate change ideas quite intensely
as someone with first hand knowledge of this i can tell you the schools here do not teach this one bit and the section on the environment in regards to science is laughably small. they spend maybe a few days in total in all of their pre-college schooling. varies by region of course but the gist is the same.
The `so called' experts also started the climate change scare in the 80's and said by now the oceans would have covered much of the world.
its coming
They even started the climate scare in the 1920's and said the ice was melting and the world was in trouble.
also coming much sooner than previously thought.

The other thing l always wondered about was tree cutting. Instinctively things didn't add up. The so called experts told us 40 years ago that the forests were half gone and by now we would be out of trees. I started to get suspicious of this claim many years ago, and recently l find out that a forestry organisation reveals there are now more trees in the northern hemisphere than 60 years ago. Tree planting programs has likely helped a lot.
there's been a big push lately in the media here to plant more trees. this is a good thing. the problem is that we aren't reducing tree cutting, so all the captured carbon gets re-released back into the atmosphere. also, we're continuing to deforest the rainforests.

Yes, but isn't tree planting creating homogenous dead sources of lumber and not doing much for the ecosystem? That's what I read. I rather think the older set don't give a toss about the future as long as they enjoy the next 5, 10 or 15 years that they have left. Sadly for the youth who thanks to the miracles of silence will see their 100th birthday have much longer to worry about and therefore are more passionate about it. Humanity is selfish.
baby boomers dont give a fuck because then they'll be dead.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I meant to say miracles of science. Freudian slip there a bit.

I dragged 300 jewel cases from one county to the city so it can be recycled. Hopefully some third world country accepts it and the babies of today get an extra minute to live because a sea turtle didn't die.

Top Bottom