On How The Planet's Going To Shit: The Undeniability Of Climate Change

Pimpernel Smith

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
That's because the 1%'s are too busy flying around the world in their private jets telling the rest of us forego our package holiday flying, move into city high rises and eat some Quorn man made delicacy their cultivating in a Wuhan biolab.
you always nail these stories

Journeyman

Supporter
That's because the 1%'s are too busy flying around the world in their private jets telling the rest of us forego our package holiday flying,
You are the top 1%. In fact, I strongly suspect that most of us here are in the 1%.

According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, you need a net worth of US$871,320. Credit Suisse defines net worth, or “wealth,” as “the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts.”

More than 19 million Americans are in the 1 percent worldwide, Credit Suisse reports, far more than from any other country, while “China is now clearly established in second place in the world wealth hierarchy,” with 4.2 million citizens among the world’s top 1 percent.

Pimpernel Smith

You are the top 1%. In fact, I strongly suspect that most of us here are in the 1%.

According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, you need a net worth of US$871,320. Credit Suisse defines net worth, or “wealth,” as “the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts.”

More than 19 million Americans are in the 1 percent worldwide, Credit Suisse reports, far more than from any other country, while “China is now clearly established in second place in the world wealth hierarchy,” with 4.2 million citizens among the world’s top 1 percent.
There's globally and then by country...and income wise: I think in the USA the top 1% of earners you need a salary of over $500,000.

In the Netherlands I've just been on the Central Bureau of Statistics I can't find any definitive figures. A lot of serious rich people here and a lot of old money and big dynasties and investment bankers in Amsterdam and places like Waasenaar. I reckon no where near the top 1% here, but likely in the top 5% of earners considering wife's and my salary.

Pimpernel Smith

David Attenborough having contributed more than his fair share of carbon in his globe trotting adventures since the 1960s, tells it like it is, we're going to pull up the ladder on the capitalist system, you won't get to travel in the future, your standards of livings must drop:

“I think that the standard of living of the western cultures... civilised countries... is going to have to take pause,” Sir David Attenborough said on a BBC podcast last week. “The excesses that the capitalist system has brought us have got to be curbed somehow.”

I much preferred his brother, charming fellow.

Pimpernel Smith

The reason the rent controlled homes have run into a ''raft of problems'' is that poor people don't have a couple of hundred Euros a month spare to pay for their electricity bills:

You can't expect people with small disposable incomes to take a big hit on energy costs to go ''Green''.

This is the truth of the Green New Deal and the Paris Agreement: Western nations paying a premium for their people to live costly diminished lives.

Top Bottom