We're Turning The Planet's To Shit: Climate Change & Humanity's Ability To Ruin Anything Good

Scary thread, first I'm hearing about all this. Wish I had time to read it. Tell me... are white people in any danger?

trend

feb2016-nasa-anomalies-map.jpg

No, it is his chart of everyone in the world with Boglioli sleeve pitch problems

Oh, yeah... could get some pitch on your sleeve, too. Didn't think about that.

I don't want to live like this.

Oh, yeah... could get some pitch on your sleeve, too. Didn't think about that.

I don't want to live like this.

I hear you. Are you like a modern day Margaret Mead hanging out with undiscovered cultures? Like where you been?

So I've been studying the monthly global temperature anomalies over the past 130 years and unless the past five months ends up as a unique unprecedented anomaly during that entire time that never repeats itself, my conservative calculations has us reaching 2 C above baseline in 2020 with runaway warming to follow shortly after.

I really don't see how human and mammal extinction won't happen by 2030 or earlier.

So I've been studying the monthly global temperature anomalies over the past 130 years and unless the past five months ends up as a unique unprecedented anomaly during that entire time that never repeats itself, my conservative calculations has us reaching 2 C above baseline in 2020 with runaway warming to follow shortly after.

I really don't see how human and mammal extinction won't happen by 2030 or earlier.

you are a vampire or some other immortal?

I don't get LelandJ LelandJ , you sound hysterical about the environment. Jesus christ, the planet has gone through greater fluctuations than what we are doing.

I think we make it another 15 years, and I will bet you that we go into another ice age before we turn into Venus.

This environmental fanaticism has to stop.

The climate we've experienced since 2008 wasn't supposed to happen for at least 50 years so unprogress.

Put a down payment on the new Tesla this morning. Finally, an affordable electric car that a man with upper-body strength can drive without being embarrassed.

black-tesla-model-3.jpg

Yes, please.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...reaches-dangerous-levels-160412095314753.html

India’s pre-monsoon heat reaches dangerous levels
An early and severe heatwave has set in across South Asia in the run-up to this year’s summer rains.

12 Apr 2016 11:23 GMT

India's pre-monsoon heat has intensified, forcing thousands of people to stay indoors as they struggled to avoid blistering conditions.

Much of the country was reeling as temperatures continued to rise. Daytime highs were running up to 7C above the seasonal average.

The Indian Meteorological Department advised that heatwave conditions were prevailing at a few places over Bihar and Jharkhand. The heatwave was described as severe over Gangetic West Bengal and coastal Odisha.

Bankura in Gangetic West Bengal recorded a maximum temperature of 45.2C on Monday. It was even hotter in the plains of Odisha where Bhubaneshwar had a high of 45.8C.

Conditions were almost as severe across southern India. Temperatures were comfortably hovering between 41C and 43C. Some 66 people have died from sunstroke this year.

These temperatures will continue to rise until the summer rains arrive on the southwesterly monsoon, but those rains are not expected to arrive until around June 1.

Separately, the far north of the country was still dealing with winter. Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir received a late fall of heavy snow. Some parts reported more than 10cm of snow in places.

Several roads were closed for a time and power supplies were badly disrupted. The rain and snow were expected to fade quickly over the next few days.

It will take much longer for the heat to ease across the rest of the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/earth-poles-climate-change_us_5706c52ee4b0537661892db4

The position of Earth’s axis has dramatically shifted, likely because of melting ice sheets (fueled by climate change) and natural changes in water storage on land, according to a new study in the journal Science Advances.

Erik Ivins, senior research scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and co-author of the study published on Friday, told The Huffington Post that the movement of water on Earth’s surface affects the planet’s distribution of mass — and its axis — much like adding weight to a spinning top.

“If you considered a spinning top, and then placed a piece of chewing gum on the top, it would start spinning around a new axis,” Ivins said in an email. “On the Earth, since water can be transported in and out of the oceans to the land — affecting global mean sea-levels — this also changes the moments of inertia, in exact analogy to the piece of chewing gum on a spinning top.”

The shifting axis adds to the effects of climate change on our stressed-out planet: Global temperatures are getting hotter. Weather events are becoming more extreme. Sea levels are rising.

570bfa5d2e00006400950f8d.jpeg
NASA/JPL-CALTEC
Earth does not always spin on an axis running through its poles. Instead, it wobbles irregularly over time, drifting toward North America throughout most of the 20th Century (green arrow). That direction has changed drastically due to changes in water mass on Earth.
Earth, as many of us remember from grade school, spins on an axis. This axis is an imaginary line that stretches through the center of the planet from the North Pole to the South Pole, and is tilted at an angle of around 23.5 degrees with respect to the orbital plane that includes the sun and Earth.

Scientists have long known that Earth tends to wobble as it spins, causing its poles to drift slightly. However, a dramatic shift occurred around the year 2000, when the North Pole turned east.

In an attempt to understand why, Ivins and his colleague Surendra Adhikarianalyzed space geodetic and satellite gravimetric data from 2003 to 2015. This data allowed the researchers to unambiguously identify the causal mechanism for the Earth’s drifting poles after 2003.

The researchers wrote in their study that the Earth’s spin axis has been shifting 75-degrees eastward from its normal long-term drift direction since the early 2000s. That shift, they found, is being driven not only by melting ice sheets, but also a loss of water mass in Eurasia due to the depletion of aquifers and drought, according to a NASA release.

“This is the first time we have solid evidence that changes in land water distribution on a global scale also shift which direction the axis moves to,” Adhikari, lead author of the study, told New Scientist.

Jonathan Overpeck, professor of geosciences at the University of Arizona, who was not involved with the study, told The Guardian that “this highlights how real and profoundly large an impact humans are having on the planet.”

While the findings are surprising, Ivins said, there is no need for alarm. The shift, he said, is relatively small, and there is no real chance that the amount of solar radiation reaching sensitive parts of Earth will increase.

“What the shift does tell scientists,” Ivins said, “is that we have a new tool to probe past climate changes in a very quantitative and accurate way. To us, that is significant.”

Classic global warming article. Ten paragraphs of fear and drama...

The shifting axis adds to the effects of climate change on our stressed-out planet: Global temperatures are getting hotter. Weather events are becoming more extreme. Sea levels are rising.

Jonathan Overpeck, professor of geosciences at the University of Arizona, who was not involved with the study, told The Guardian that “this highlights how real and profoundly large an impact humans are having on the planet.”

And then, at the end...

While the findings are surprising, Ivins said, there is no need for alarm. The shift, he said, is relatively small, and there is no real chance that the amount of solar radiation reaching sensitive parts of Earth will increase.

this guy's a paid shill for the oil companies and almost every single one of his claims has been debunked.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Richard_Lindzen.htm
Fossil Fuel advocates pay him to repeat this stuff over and over: http://www.theguardian.com/environm...n/06/climate-change-climate-change-scepticism
Exxon Mobil pays him to attend many of their events: http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=17
Paid by Western Fuels to defend them in the senate: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Richard_S._Lindzen#Fossil_Fuel_Interests_Funding
Defended Tobacco industry for years, saying there's little to no link between smoking and lung cancer: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Richard_S._Lindzen#On_Tobacco

Hope you're really not that stupid Cog, maybe Rambo should ban you.
he really is that stupid and we should ban him, not because he's dumb, but because he thinks he's waging a holy war against the libtard left, or whatever the fuck that is.

he really is that stupid and we should ban him, not because he's dumb, but because he thinks he's waging a holy war against the libtard left, or whatever the fuck that is.
Which would be counter to admin's holy war for the libtard left. :troll:

Face it: you are dead, I'm dead, we are all dead. Sooner than we all think. Fuck it is depressing. Fucking human race. And those farting cows too

I refuse to die till I have one proper MTM or bespoke (lush cotton or ancient wool) suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom