We're Turning The Planet's To Shit: Climate Change & Humanity's Ability To Ruin Anything Good

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith read this and then tell me how much you want to rely on modeling and not what's in front of your face.
The reason none of the predictions work and cannot be used even to confirm historic weather events, is that the modelling system is fundamentally flawed and they haven't got a clue.

I don't, merely I quote them when others have posted links to their dreadful lying by omission amongst other tactics propaganda pieces posing as news.
Ok so given this statement, and the news about what is actually going on in the world, where do you stand on the need to take drastic and sweeping changes in an attempt to mitigate further horrific damage?

Ok so given this statement, and the news about what is actually going on in the world, where do you stand on the need to take drastic and sweeping changes in an attempt to mitigate further horrific damage?
If you check out the historic figures, less people are dying through natural disasters now than they were a hundred years ago.

I'm all for any system that can deliver exact, or near outcomes as regards weather, earthquakes, volcanos, asteroid hits.

Even if you can predict it exactly, you can't mitigate everything and not the weather event in Germany whichis natural and not without historic repeated and sustained occurrences.

In this instance, I would look at managing the rivers. Reducing C02 in this instance, isn't going to deliver.

If you check out the historic figures, less people are dying through natural disasters now than they were a hundred years ago.
so future climate modeling is junk because its never right but statistics from when people were shitting in the streets and traveling by horse and buggy are reliable?

I'm all for any system that can deliver exact, or near outcomes as regards weather, earthquakes, volcanos, asteroid hits.
i honestly don't know what this sentence means. what the fuck is a system that can deliver exact outcome for an earthquake? what does that have to do with the climate???

Even if you can predict it exactly, you can't mitigate everything and not the weather event in Germany whichis natural and not without historic repeated and sustained occurrences.
yeah that town has never flooded like that and even if it had i'm not sure what that has to do with the continued and sustained increases in weather issues? i also do not know what prediction has to do with attempted mitigation?

In this instance, I would look at managing the rivers. Reducing C02 in this instance, isn't going to deliver.
ok, finally something i can sink my teeth in to. so if you're going to manage the rivers i suppose you've looked into the historic rainfall in the area? what are the statistics on how much rain has been produced in the area?

furthermore, if you're worried about river management, would it not then coincide with decreasing the atmospheric conditions that induce rain??? such as C02 increases or deforestation???

so future climate modeling is junk because its never right but statistics from when people were shitting in the streets and traveling by horse and buggy are reliable?

i honestly don't know what this sentence means. what the fuck is a system that can deliver exact outcome for an earthquake? what does that have to do with the climate???

yeah that town has never flooded like that and even if it had i'm not sure what that has to do with the continued and sustained increases in weather issues? i also do not know what prediction has to do with attempted mitigation?

ok, finally something i can sink my teeth in to. so if you're going to manage the rivers i suppose you've looked into the historic rainfall in the area? what are the statistics on how much rain has been produced in the area?

furthermore, if you're worried about river management, would it not then coincide with decreasing the atmospheric conditions that induce rain??? such as C02 increases or deforestation???
As you can see, these kind of floods are not without historic precedence in Europe and the number of fatalities are not exceptionally high compared to previous floods:

The link to C02 is already being confirmed by Dutch MP, Mark Rutte, however, where the flooding has taken place the river Maas has limited space when it enters the Netherlands and all the rain water from the hills creates a surge, higher-up the river is much wider and protected by dikes and flood plains i.e. river management.

As you can see, these kind of floods are not without historic precedence in Europe and the number of fatalities are not exceptionally high compared to previous floods:
its literally got more countries and more fatalities than any flood year with heavy rain as the cause in recent history. i didn't go back to 1700BC.

The link to C02 is already being confirmed by Dutch MP, Mark Rutte, however, where the flooding has taken place the river Maas has limited space when it enters the Netherlands and all the rain water from the hills creates a surge, higher-up the river is much wider and protected by dikes and flood plains i.e. river management.
yes the dutch are well known for their water management. so what does that have to do with what we're talking about or the specific questions i asked?

If only I would have consulted the Dead Sea scrolls to properly educate myself on this topic!
You had a Wiki entry that laid it all out neatly for you in a clear and concise timeline and number of fatalities.

A weather event, that doesn't fit with the models:

pdzycwefu8c71.jpg

You had a Wiki entry that laid it all out neatly for you in a clear and concise timeline and number of fatalities.
you do realize you're hanging your hat on a 700 year old event right?

A weather event, that doesn't fit with the models:
ok fuck you with this. first the models aren't good and scientists and researchers don't know anything about the climate so nothing can be done because this is all normal and within range. now the models aren't good and scientists and researchers don't know anything so obviously climate change isn't real.

FIRST EVER (note: does not take into account scientists ability to properly write down numbers in 1276bc)

certainly it may but that's not what pimpy was referring to.
Simple models that are unfit to predict climate weather changes:

FIRST EVER (note: does not take into account scientists ability to properly write down numbers in 1276bc)
Read: ''The warning is part of a new system launched by the Met Office just last month to keep residents safe from extreme heat.''

So that warning system didn't exist until a month ago.

It's China. They'll engineer and build their way out of climate change.

did you see the pictures and videos of the people on the flooded subway? its terrifying.

Yes. I was about to post the BBC link before you did. That said China has 1.4b people so you never would miss it if a few people disappeared.

stop it

YES BUT WHY DID THEY NEED TO IMPLEMENT A FUCKING WARNING SYSTEM GOD DAMN IT
I can't stop it, as the truth needs to out.

Turns out the Germans did know the floods were coming 3 days before the event, but the system to manage evacuations broke down as it was handed over from federal and regional bodies that didn't have the necessary organisational set-up and skill-set.

On the Dutch side, they're talking about a need to manage future events both side of the border i.e. river management. Turns out as per EU diktat they haven't been managing the rivers with dredging and other techniques. If you have people living next to a river, or on ancient flood plains, you need to manage the river, like you need to manage forests and woodlands.

That was the issue with the historical floods in Devon in the UK a couple of years ago. The unprecedented, never seen before floods were all down to stopping dredging the rivers and closing the pump houses and that was all to do with EU diktat stating let the rivers run wild with no human intervention. When PM David Cameron got to the devastation the first thing he did was to implement a plan to start dredging the rivers and get the pump houses back in working order.

You have to manage land and waterways, you can't just leave it to let rip unless it's truly wilderness which it isn't in western Europe or England.

I can't stop it, as the truth needs to out.

Turns out the Germans did know the floods were coming 3 days before the event, but the system to manage evacuations broke down as it was handed over from federal and regional bodies that didn't have the necessary organisational set-up and skill-set.

On the Dutch side, they're talking about a need to manage future events both side of the border i.e. river management. Turns out as per EU diktat they haven't been managing the rivers with dredging and other techniques. If you have people living next to a river, or on ancient flood plains, you need to manage the river, like you need to manage forests and woodlands.

That was the issue with the historical floods in Devon in the UK a couple of years ago. The unprecedented, never seen before floods were all down to stopping dredging the rivers and closing the pump houses and that was all to do with EU diktat stating let the rivers run wild with no human intervention. When PM David Cameron got to the devastation the first thing he did was to implement a plan to start dredging the rivers and get the pump houses back in working order.

You have to manage land and waterways, you can't just leave it to let rip unless it's truly wilderness which it isn't in western Europe or England.
i'm not going to research any of this and just trust that you're once again completely aggrandizing whatever did actually happen.

i'm not going to research any of this and just trust that you're once again completely aggrandizing whatever did actually happen.
Be forensic and you'll get delivered to the truth:

Be forensic and you'll get delivered to the truth:

of course you missed the relevant article linked in the reuters piece that you decided to cherry pick out. allow me:

money quote:

The devastation of the floods, attributed by meteorologists to the effects of climate change, could shake up Germany's federal election in September, which until now had seen little discussion of climate.

interestingly, nothing in either reuters article about the system breaking down, more that even with the regions getting the info days in advance the enormity of the floods (read: from climate change) made it difficult to effectively solve the issue. even more interestingly, the article I linked basically says the government knew and all this was electioneering horseshit.

of course you missed the relevant article linked in the reuters piece that you decided to cherry pick out. allow me:

money quote:

interestingly, nothing in either reuters article about the system breaking down, more that even with the regions getting the info days in advance the enormity of the floods (read: from climate change) made it difficult to effectively solve the issue. even more interestingly, the article I linked basically says the government knew and all this was electioneering horseshit.
FYI: the European Flood Awareness System issued a warning four days before the flooding to the German authorities and weather services. Including in the days after specific forecasts on where the floods would be highest and the need to take action. They had advanced warning and also of the severity to come. Nothing to do with climate change making it impossible to manage. It was all manageable from the position of evacuating those at risk in advance.

Of course, I've cherry picked, moved the goal posts or whatever.

FYI: the European Flood Awareness System issued a warning four days before the flooding to the German authorities and weather services. Including in the days after specific forecasts on where the floods would be highest and the need to take action. They had advanced warning and also of the severity to come. Nothing to do with climate change making it impossible to manage. It was all manageable from the position of evacuating those at risk in advance.

Of course, I've cherry picked, moved the goal posts or whatever.
even in the subtext of the link you posted "a new climate reality". what the fuck do you think created said new reality? jesus waving his hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom