We're Turning The Planet's To Shit: Climate Change & Humanity's Ability To Ruin Anything Good

shot

chaser

read: RECORDED HISTORY. NOT SURE WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE PALEOLITHIC ERA.

I misread that as Great Lakes. I am still okay. The dead sea should be at the same point now based on the last documentary I saw.

What good is money if you’re on fire???
Whilst there's certainly been much better summers in the last 20 years in the UK, the climate is definitely not on fire there. And neither is it here, the Netherlands can get some fantastic summers, but this is not one of them. The temperature and wind is decidedly average. No records being broken here this year.

It's clear from that article Boris's commitments cannot be met on his proposed trajectory as the cost to achieve Net Zero is too high. Few Brits and the Dutch have a GBP 100,000 plus to install a new boiler that's not effective as the last one. And do the governments have enough spare cash to deliver through grants? Remortgages? It will bankrupt everyone.

Whilst there's certainly been much better summers in the last 20 years in the UK, the climate is definitely not on fire there. And neither is it here, the Netherlands can get some fantastic summers, but this is not one of them. The temperature and wind is decidedly average. No records being broken here this year.

It's clear from that article Boris's commitments cannot be met on his proposed trajectory as the cost to achieve Net Zero is too high. Few Brits and the Dutch have a GBP 100,000 plus to install a new boiler that's not effective as the last one. And do the governments have enough spare cash to deliver through grants? Remortgages? It will bankrupt everyone.
Yes well it IS on fire in several places. Where do you think those people are going to go???

Yes well it IS on fire in several places. Where do you think those people are going to go???
I don't know, I would start with not buying an SUV and be a bit more environmentally friendly on the car front. Everyone has to do their bit, wot?

I don't know, I would start with not buying an SUV and be a bit more environmentally friendly on the car front. Everyone has to do their bit, wot?
of all the idiotic and deluded things you've ever said in this thread, and there are a mountains worth of them, thinking that I'm going to make any impact at all on climate change in any way, shape, or form really takes the cake.

what can we do? the rate of return on our investments will only be 1%...

of all the idiotic and deluded things you've ever said in this thread, and there are a mountains worth of them, thinking that I'm going to make any impact at all on climate change in any way, shape, or form really takes the cake.
When you pontificate that the world is literally on fire because of fossil fuels and won't somebody do something and we all must make sacrifices, don't be surprised that your virtue signalling is seen for what it is when you're looking to buy a gas guzzling SUV. The credibility gap is massive.

When you pontificate that the world is literally on fire because of fossil fuels and won't somebody do something and we all must make sacrifices, don't be surprised that your virtue signalling is seen for what it is when you're looking to buy a gas guzzling SUV. The credibility gap is massive.
A) we all must make sacrifices yes but this pales in comparison to the sacrifices we as a society need to make. you're conflating the two and they aren't the same thing.

B) i don't give a flying fuck about virtue signaling and the idea you're going to try to stick me with that is fucking ridiculous.

C) if they made electric SUV i would absolutely buy one assuming i could afford it. is that my fault that they don't? do you want me to just stop working and become homeless so as to reduce my carbon footprint? i'm sure you have several answers for this and i cannot wait to hear them.

C) if they made electric SUV i would absolutely buy one assuming i could afford it. is that my fault that they don't? do you want me to just stop working and become homeless so as to reduce my carbon footprint? i'm sure you have several answers for this and i cannot wait to hear them.
They do make hybrid ones, double expensive to charge but well worth it to save the planet from the climate emergency.

“Double expensive” very similar to “affordable.
Double expensive as in more than double, around three times the cost of petrol which over here would cripple most people's wallet.

Then you have the weird phenomena of being less efficient when maintaining cruising speed on the motorway and massively reduced range in cold weather.

Double expensive as in more than double, around three times the cost of petrol which over here would cripple most people's wallet.
yes i was agreeing with you and pointing out how it was dumb of you to bring it up in the first place.

Then you have the weird phenomena of being less efficient when maintaining cruising speed on the motorway and massively reduced range in cold weather.
ok. cool.

do you even bother taking in any information that isn't presented to you on a right wing website? reduced range in cold weather? do you know where i live? i might as well be sunbathing inside a fucking volcano with this heat. it snows once every 50 years. WHY WOULD I CARE ABOUT COLD WEATHER RANGE??? STOP TRYING TO WIN YOUR ARGUMENTS WITH THESE DUMB TALKING POINTS! ITS VERY AGGRAVATING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom