Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
starts tomorrow. Styfo is having an “event”

https://makerspace.splashthat.com/

ABOUT

This January, at Pitti Uomo 93 in Florence, Italy, Styleforum will be hosting its inaugural Maker Space. The Styleforum Maker Space is an open space designed to showcase the work of small brands and artisans interested in showing to both wholesale buyers and retail consumers. It is a combination pop-up shop and wholesale space, geared towards exhibiting fantastic small brands and makers to Pitti’s influential and knowledgeable visitors.

Many vendors, buyers, and visitors to Pitti Uomo are interested not just in wholesaling their wares or purchasing for stores, but also in taking the opportunity to shop for themselves. Our space offers small brands and makers a location in which to demonstrate their craft, showroom to wholesale customers, and sell immediately to attendees.

If you are attending Pitti Uomo, we invite you to visit the Styleforum Maker Space!

THESE ARE THE MAKERS YOU'RE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH:

BELISARIO CAMICIE

Belisario’s story begins over a century ago, when the Belisario family started a bespoke shirtmaking business that Marco and Urania Belisario carried in the new century.

The concept of “su misura” is still the core value of the brand, which prides itself in working exclusively with the best Italian fabrics. Each shirt is carefully sewn by hand following 13 steps; this allows for a broad choice of personalized options that will make every shirt unique.

A.B.K.

Alya, began her career by taking classes in shoemaking, eventually finding a mentor in iconic sandal designer, Barbara Shaum. Inspired by her experience, Alya began making shoes on her own, recruiting occasional help from her sister Katya and teaching her the craft along the way. Word began to spread, orders for shoes began to increase, and the business was born.
Their work has become known for impeccable craftsmanship, expanding well beyond shoes to leather items of all kinds, from the functional to the purely beautiful. Each piece starts with leather that is domestically sourced and tanned without chemicals. Katya and Alya hand-dye their own leather to achieve the exact color palette desired, then use alcohol water to saturate and stretch it before hand-stitching or stapling the pieces into place to dry.

GIIN

GIIN’s motto is “elevated essentials”. With their most recent launch, GIIN taps into the delicate realm of flowers and brings them to menswear. Their boutonnières are made of real flowers that have been taken from nature at the height of their glory; the miniature flowers have been disassembled and then positioned reborn as an object that exists in perpetuity. Rather than being beautiful for the sake of its impermanence, GIIN’s flowers are ascribed elegance as it lives after death.

WINSON INDONESIA

From the volcanic Islands of Indonesia, we’ve picked an artisan who puts his heart and expertise into his range of footwear; every pair is hand-stitched, and features the best quality leather on the market. Winson’s shoes and boots exhibit a timeless look while offering you the freedom to design them, and they a true hidden gem for classic shoe aficionados.

I SARTI ITALIANI

While Neapolitan, Milanese, and even Roman tailors are world-famous and respected, we can’t possibly ignore the fact that tailoring schools flourish all over Italy – even on the Southern island of Sicily.

Sicilian tailoring features the same, relaxed characteristic of Neapolitan tailoring, without the flairs typical of the Partenopean tradition. I Sarti Italiani offers bespoke solutions and blends Italian craftsmanship with unique Southern taste.

starts tomorrow. Styfo is having an “event”

https://makerspace.splashthat.com/

ABOUT

This January, at Pitti Uomo 93 in Florence, Italy, Styleforum will be hosting its inaugural Maker Space. The Styleforum Maker Space is an open space designed to showcase the work of small brands and artisans interested in showing to both wholesale buyers and retail consumers. It is a combination pop-up shop and wholesale space, geared towards exhibiting fantastic small brands and makers to Pitti’s influential and knowledgeable visitors.

Many vendors, buyers, and visitors to Pitti Uomo are interested not just in wholesaling their wares or purchasing for stores, but also in taking the opportunity to shop for themselves. Our space offers small brands and makers a location in which to demonstrate their craft, showroom to wholesale customers, and sell immediately to attendees.

If you are attending Pitti Uomo, we invite you to visit the Styleforum Maker Space!

THESE ARE THE MAKERS YOU'RE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH:

BELISARIO CAMICIE

Belisario’s story begins over a century ago, when the Belisario family started a bespoke shirtmaking business that Marco and Urania Belisario carried in the new century.

The concept of “su misura” is still the core value of the brand, which prides itself in working exclusively with the best Italian fabrics. Each shirt is carefully sewn by hand following 13 steps; this allows for a broad choice of personalized options that will make every shirt unique.

A.B.K.

Alya, began her career by taking classes in shoemaking, eventually finding a mentor in iconic sandal designer, Barbara Shaum. Inspired by her experience, Alya began making shoes on her own, recruiting occasional help from her sister Katya and teaching her the craft along the way. Word began to spread, orders for shoes began to increase, and the business was born.
Their work has become known for impeccable craftsmanship, expanding well beyond shoes to leather items of all kinds, from the functional to the purely beautiful. Each piece starts with leather that is domestically sourced and tanned without chemicals. Katya and Alya hand-dye their own leather to achieve the exact color palette desired, then use alcohol water to saturate and stretch it before hand-stitching or stapling the pieces into place to dry.

GIIN

GIIN’s motto is “elevated essentials”. With their most recent launch, GIIN taps into the delicate realm of flowers and brings them to menswear. Their boutonnières are made of real flowers that have been taken from nature at the height of their glory; the miniature flowers have been disassembled and then positioned reborn as an object that exists in perpetuity. Rather than being beautiful for the sake of its impermanence, GIIN’s flowers are ascribed elegance as it lives after death.

WINSON INDONESIA

From the volcanic Islands of Indonesia, we’ve picked an artisan who puts his heart and expertise into his range of footwear; every pair is hand-stitched, and features the best quality leather on the market. Winson’s shoes and boots exhibit a timeless look while offering you the freedom to design them, and they a true hidden gem for classic shoe aficionados.

I SARTI ITALIANI

While Neapolitan, Milanese, and even Roman tailors are world-famous and respected, we can’t possibly ignore the fact that tailoring schools flourish all over Italy – even on the Southern island of Sicily.

Sicilian tailoring features the same, relaxed characteristic of Neapolitan tailoring, without the flairs typical of the Partenopean tradition. I Sarti Italiani offers bespoke solutions and blends Italian craftsmanship with unique Southern taste.

Belisario
Top online mtm shirts very popular on the german forums

I sarti italiani
Italian crapmanship
Even more mafia than naples

WINSON INDONESIA

Not much of a hidden gem considering they were incorporated in 2014 and have now gone global.

Interesting very diverse range on their Instagram account, similar to several other brands from Allen Edmonds type boots to chiselled Gaziano & Girling style brogues. Who's behind this mischief?

F13BF62D-E6C2-4943-9481-047F2CEA1522.png
3EFED13B-725C-4C02-A45E-73633066704B.png
4202B47E-010E-4D37-A836-2AD2EE7491D7.png
D1DE6BC1-50C3-4745-B1AE-78F3AC2687CF.png
08C7764A-AC22-4498-8339-D738B5E47322.png
C84EB0AD-E852-4536-9F69-23BE7E574A9E.png
32A4C7F0-E11D-49E1-A961-C8BBFEDB835D.png
C0E831EB-5B72-4D9A-88B9-CCF99A02FA54.png
972762F3-B1B9-4C7B-B5C3-02A49671C864.png
BC133561-7E41-4C02-9D46-3FACE91F0A7C.png
5E8123F7-75B6-43B4-A374-38658FCB510B.png
3F51B12C-9158-4052-96E2-275898A00774.png

Strange weather at Pitti - its so cold one has to wear a 3 piece suit inside, plus overcoat - yet at ground level its so warm one has to have bare feet /ankles and trousers ending at calf to keep comfortable. Difficult.
83bcbcb4-6225-4a17-9990-5746c86caa59-png.27333

As long as the core temperature is maintained, extremities can be ignored. A known scientifc fact.

Pitti should be renamed “Ghey Pimp Ball”

Strange weather at Pitti - its so cold one has to wear a 3 piece suit inside, plus overcoat - yet at ground level its so warm one has to have bare feet /ankles and trousers ending at calf to keep comfortable. Difficult.

Quoted for posterity.

i have to admit i kind of like this for a casual look. all predicated upon whether that's a casual jacket or a fancy bathrobe of course.

Yes would look very nice on you when you go to lion taming college, Clyde

83bcbcb4-6225-4a17-9990-5746c86caa59-png.27333

Maybe this year Pitti was set up at the solfatara in Pozzuoli?

Quoted for posterity.

For a long time I felt without style of grace
Wearing shoes with no socks in cold weather....

Greg Lellouche is not looking all that bad
should tidy up that tie and collar
and isn't he always wearing the same giacca?

have you seen Spanish's crew? quite a few people this one. Olaizola not bad

Haven't seen them.
Some ensembles I see here are rather acceptable, if it wasn't for the condomfit, short trousers, sockless loafers etc. what a way to waste bespoke money.

Haven't seen them.
Some ensembles I see here are rather acceptable, if it wasn't for the condomfit, short trousers, sockless loafers etc. what a way to waste bespoke money.

very little of that is bespoke. most likely industrial mtm and factory made rtw, all tailored as slim as possible to give the illusion of a custom fit. it is after all a trade show for mostly off the rack clothing and accessories. even if it is bespoke it most certainly comes from some of the lowest (and often cheapest) purveyors of the craft like Fabio Sodano, napoli (or sicily) church/wedding tailors, or primitive tailors located in turkey, greece, spain, portugal, hong kong, south east asia , eastern europe, or those funny tailors in the UK catering to mods and the like.

regardless of what it is, most is very bad. however some photos i posted were just because i find the person or their face funny, didn't even bother to evaluate the clothes.

Last edited:
So many incompetent tailors popping up from everywhere, it's becoming hard to tell if something is RTW or bespoke (bad bespoke I mean).
There was a time when even RTW was very high quality and superior in fit compared to badspoke.

Top top collo americano. Contrasting tweed pockets. Very creative, very unik. Bravissimo!

Screenshot_20180110-172718.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180110-172718.jpg
    Screenshot_20180110-172718.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 169
There was a time when even RTW was very high quality and superior in fit compared to badspoke.

Yes, because it sought to be conventional. Until fuckers like Crompton started pontificating about "design". They should be lined up and shot.

His latest additions to the shill are a watch cap for 70 notes and a bespoke tweed overcoat with very dodgy back (“but I like it that way”) for 8k. Yes eight thousand.(and nary a hint of dissent from his fawning admirers - who are these sycophants?)

We’re in the wrong game, boys.

Last edited:
His latest additions to the shill are a watch cap for 70 notes and a bespoke tweed overcoat with very dodgy back (“but I like it that way”) for 8k. Yes eight thousand.

We’re in the wrong game, boys.

Thanks for this. I knew about the woolly hat - but not the price.

It is a classic of ‘The Emperors New Clothes’ school of salesmanship.

Just pick an outrageous price. Then double it.

Tell the mark all he ever wanted to know about a humdrum product; and then tell him more.

Allude to an obscure manufacturer who makes the product in different way to everybody else in the world.

Say that product can be used to ‘subvert’ a look - and make that sound like a good thing.

Next week, introduce the same thing in different colours. Make sure the mark is aware that availability is limited. A black cap, for instance, can be used to subvert black tie.

And you will be the Talk of the Town.

You’re right of course K. M
On the upside for Cromps, a watch cap even at 70 notes mitigates his huge ridiculous shiny pate.

Besides Lino, I do not see any of these jokers dressed in this fashion under any other condition. Pitti has became a cesspool of who is most peacocky.

You’re right of course K. M
On the upside for Cromps, a watch cap even at 70 notes mitigates his huge ridiculous shiny pate.

Because when you need someone to make a watch cap, who do go to but Johnstons of Elgin?

And on the subject of shilling and nations of shopkeepers: one 'collaboration' may be a mistake, two may be a coincidence, three is pushing it, but when you get to a dozen items you lose the right to call yourself a reviewer or journalist. What a bloody fraud.

They almost all look like they stink of powerful Mediterranean BO, ball sweat, and toe fungus and I am imagining fleas jumping out of their beards.

Greg looks decent because he is not trying to be a peakcock.

I kind of like the outfit of this Asian chap who is having a stroke. Tie is too shiny.

He is probably wearing a western belt right viaattovannucci viaattovannucci ?

Again, he is not trying to look like a ponce like the others.

IMG_0500.JPG

Because when you need someone to make a watch cap, who do go to but Johnstons of Elgin?

And on the subject of shilling and nations of shopkeepers: one 'collaboration' may be a mistake, two may be a coincidence, three is pushing it, but when you get to a dozen items you lose the right to call yourself a reviewer or journalist. What a bloody fraud.

J of E cashmere watch caps are quite nice. They are low profile and not bulky, nicely knit and quite warm for their thinness down to about -20C. Quite practical.

They almost all look like they stink of powerful Mediterranean BO, ball sweat, and toe fungus and I am imagining fleas jumping out of their beards.

Greg looks decent because he is not trying to be a peakcock.

I kind of like the outfit of this Asian chap who is having a stroke. Tie is too shiny.

He is probably wearing a western belt right viaattovannucci viaattovannucci ?

Again, he is not trying to look like a ponce like the others.

View attachment 27386
He probably took too long doing up that horrid necktie in front of a mirror, hence the stroke.

Western belt, absolutely! And probably a proper tie pen0r as well! Which is, unfortunately, covered by the jumper. Everything else is top-notch, but it is hard to find fault with FriendCustomer FriendCustomer 's work in general. I trust his judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom