Products You Really Want but Can't Afford or Won't Splurge On

OfficePants

Supporter
Goddam I want and Elektra A3. I can't justify the $4000, but I can't help but pine over this beauty.

a3_sixties_renamed.jpg

http://www.home-barista.com/elektra-a3-buyers-guide.html

Last edited:
Jesus christ. What in the fuck would you want a $3k espresso machine for?

Last edited:
I really, really want a Custom Shop Master Built Stratocaster.

No real reason - I'm sure some floor model somewhere is fantastically adequate, but I want a custom guitar made for me by a master builder in the Fender factory.

Fender_Ultimate_Relic_62_Stratocaster_Surf_Green_Master_Built_JS_R60381_a.jpg

EDIT: probably not this relic'd, but you get the idea.

a box of Habanos. Granted, I can afford a box, but won't drop the coin because I know how I am with spendy stuff: never use it. Salt it away for a Special Occasion while I smoke the cheaper ones. Plus, from a practical side - I always have to be ready to drop it at a moment's notice when the Human Torch comes in to interrupt whatever scheme I'm hatching. That asshole always burns them up for me, and it's bad enough when it's a reasonable Tatuaje or some such - but for a Habano the indignity is too great to fathom.

a box of Habanos. Granted, I can afford a box, but won't drop the coin because I know how I am with spendy stuff: never use it. Salt it away for a Special Occasion while I smoke the cheaper ones. Plus, from a practical side - I always have to be ready to drop it at a moment's notice when the Human Torch comes in to interrupt whatever scheme I'm hatching. That asshole always burns them up for me, and it's bad enough when it's a reasonable Tatuaje or some such - but for a Habano the indignity is too great to fathom.

Choose you evil cronies carefully.

For my company, I'd love one of these but they are horrifically overpriced. $12 fucking grand. Get outta here.

polycom-realpresence-group-700-photo-02.jpg

Video teleconferencing equipment. Wait, sorry, $12 fucking grand video conferencing equipment. Polycom is out of their fucking minds.

I wasn't on the page with current prices for these gadgets, but this is quite steep, imo.

I remember that I visited two aquaintances who run a technical firm. they were excited about the system they bought. I didn't see it in action, but I'm pretty sure they didn't spend this dough on it.

Regulations prevent its use. I need something more robust. And to record securely. 40 other requirements. Bare bones solutions are out.
2nd hand models? Maybe some enterprising startup is going out of business.

Are there any other competitors in this space?

2nd hand models? Maybe some enterprising startup is going out of business.

Are there any other competitors in this space?

Yeah, tons. The problem is that its very hard to judge the equipment quality and usability. Its not like you can go into best buy and look at them, and the office setting makes a big difference.

2nd hand are crazy expensive too.

Kent Wang has a sterling silver tube key, so one can be cheap and get that last bit of toothpaste out in the classiest way possible. Yeah, the plastic ones are like $3 instead of $55 for this, but so non-luxurious.
14624916199_fec8591673_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom