Grand Potentate’s Standup Comedy Appreciation Thread

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
So, as many of you know, I am a long time devotee of standup comedy, as well as believing in George Carlin as the man that I've learned the most from about the way the world really works. Along with being the funniest man that ever lived, he was also one of the best at pointing out other people's bullshit. But, there are other great comedians out there, and so, in an effort to start posting about the things that I <3, I thought I'd devote a thread to standup.

To start, these are some of the bits from George's final show before he died, "Its Bad For Ya". Underappreciated, IMO, as he was getting a bit crotchety and some of the bits fell flat. But a few of them were absolute gems.

On Swearing on the Bible, Rights and Privelages. HIGHLY recommend this one, especially the part on rights.

On National and Ethnic Pride, and Hats in Religion (an excellent breakdown). The last 2 minutes are in the first three minutes from the first clip.:

And, my favorite part, on Child Worship and The Self Esteem Movement:

More to come soon. Also, feel free to post any of your own favorite material.

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale: on Jesus and Religion:

On ridiculous holiday traditions:

On cake:

On HotPockets:

On Birthdays:

Patrice O'Neal: Elephant In The Room. Probably the funniest standup special of 2011

How to tell how pretty a white woman is:

On Cheating (This has an awesome metaphor in it that every man should know)

On Football

On being an animal lover and how people think black people hate animals:

On workplace harassment:

Here's the whole uncensored special. One of my all time favorites, and definitely worth a listen:

Someone here had yet to listen to Patton Oswalt, so here we go:

His standup special Finest Hour:

in an effort to start posting about the things that I <3.

This is a good metric to follow when deciding whether or not to post something. Be on the lookout for my upcoming thread on surprise amputations!

Teaser: sometimes it's a penis! :bounce2:

Another Bill Burr special - You People Are All The Same

If anyone can find part 4, let me know.

Watched the new Marc Maron special on Netflix last night. A few rehashed jokes, but mostly new material. If you like his sort of 'stream of consciousness' deal then you'll enjoy it.

This is hilarious - Bill Burr on why Yoko Ono is awful and John Lennon re-defined pussy whipped:

George Carlin on food advertising words. Worth a listen if only for the phrase "deep dish yak dick"

Jimmy Carr lights a heckler up.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

So, as many of you know, I am a long time devotee of standup comedy, as well as believing in George Carlin as the man that I've learned the most from about the way the world really works. Along with being the funniest man that ever lived, he was also one of the best at pointing out other people's bullshit. But, there are other great comedians out there, and so, in an effort to start posting about the things that I <3, I thought I'd devote a thread to standup.

To start, these are some of the bits from George's final show before he died, "Its Bad For Ya". Underappreciated, IMO, as he was getting a bit crotchety and some of the bits fell flat. But a few of them were absolute gems.

On Swearing on the Bible, Rights and Privelages. HIGHLY recommend this one, especially the part on rights.

On National and Ethnic Pride, and Hats in Religion (an excellent breakdown). The last 2 minutes are in the first three minutes from the first clip.:

And, my favorite part, on Child Worship and The Self Esteem Movement:

More to come soon. Also, feel free to post any of your own favorite material.

And this one:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

No, Leno has many problems but he doesn't write those bits on a daily basis. Just because the employees in the Writer's Room steal jokes from others doesn't mean he's morally responsible for their conduct. I am not a fan of Leno but it's not because he's a joke thief.

Carlos Mencia on the other hand...
Bullshit. Leno's a reputed joke stealer. And if he employs people who steal jokes, and he knows about this, doesn't that make him culpable?

I've been watching In Living Color clips for the past hour. God damn, this show was so far ahead of its time:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom