Random Questions & Thoughts

Fwiffo

Supporter
Has it been treated with surgery? If not treated, it often leads to strokes but when treated, it seems to have good outcomes.
According to Facebook she has had 2 surgeries. The last one at the beginning of the year but she still goes through mini strokes. Reckon she is early to mid 30s. She said the surgery came late as she was misdiagnosed as having complications after suffering from a concussion on ice years ago.

QuandoDio

Has it been treated with surgery? If not treated, it often leads to strokes but when treated, it seems to have good outcomes.

They've been together for decades - his partner is a journalist/editor. His shirt collar is far too large for his neck, which is a bit embarrassing for the partner of Tom Ford.
Yep. Been together for ages and I have seen them once or twice in London when I was there. Re his partner, looks like a resident in the dark room of disease and looks even more emaciated irl so not much can be done there, he will still look far too thin.

Besides, Tom Ford with his notorious pooling ankles should be more embarrassed.

Fwiffo

Supporter
The dentist rang and said my appointment is coming up next weekend. This has been thrice delayed since March. Should I go?

I haven't had a cleaning in almost two years and I am switching dentists due to distance so I am sure they'll keep me for x-rays.

I only have 2 N95 masks left.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
The dentist rang and said my appointment is coming up next weekend. This has been thrice delayed since March. Should I go?

I haven't had a cleaning in almost two years and I am switching dentists due to distance so I am sure they'll keep me for x-rays.

I only have 2 N95 masks left.
  • Dentists are open in Ontario.
  • They have to meet COVID recommendations
  • You most likely will get a hand scaling only because they are not going to generate aerosols with a cleaning machine because that increases the time between patients and dental hygiene is all about patient throughput
  • If you X-rays are two years old or older you should have bitewings taken
  • Any X-ray like a panoramic one can be sent to the new dentist by your old dentist as you only need that one once every 5 years
  • You decide on if you want to put off your cleaning. Recent research shows there is little difference in people's oral health outcomes with twice/once yearly scalings vs every three years (unless there is underlying pathology)
BTW, where were you fit tested for your N-95? Wearing N-95's without fit testing is no different than wearing a level 3 mask with respect to protection.

Fwiffo

Supporter
  • Dentists are open in Ontario.
  • They have to meet COVID recommendations
  • You most likely will get a hand scaling only because they are not going to generate aerosols with a cleaning machine because that increases the time between patients and dental hygiene is all about patient throughput
  • If you X-rays are two years old or older you should have bitewings taken
  • Any X-ray like a panoramic one can be sent to the new dentist by your old dentist as you only need that one once every 5 years
  • You decide on if you want to put off your cleaning. Recent research shows there is little difference in people's oral health outcomes with twice/once yearly scalings vs every three years (unless there is underlying pathology)
BTW, where were you fit tested for your N-95? Wearing N-95's without fit testing is no different than wearing a level 3 mask with respect to protection.
No. I have these cheap cloth ones that I put on for show for Uber or wherever else needs me to wear one. These were the ones I have yet to hand out to my staff.

The protection is only for milling around the waiting room. I already know I'll be exposed during the cleaning. Hand scaling is okay - I never really complain than having a tear or two. I was surprised they rang because CBC ran an article on how the hygienist and dentist associations couldn't agree on minimum mask protection.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
No. I have these cheap cloth ones that I put on for show for Uber or wherever else needs me to wear one. These were the ones I have yet to hand out to my staff.

The protection is only for milling around the waiting room. I already know I'll be exposed during the cleaning. Hand scaling is okay - I never really complain than having a tear or two. I was surprised they rang because CBC ran an article on how the hygienist and dentist associations couldn't agree on minimum mask protection.
Mask protection for dentists is different for mask protection for you and your staff. Wearing N-95's without fit testing is useless.

There won't be anyone but you milling about in the waiting room. Ot there should not be. Part of the ingress/egress is separating patients and not just by 2m social distancing.

They were opening regardless of the mask issue being solved. Actually most regulators have downgraded the use of N-95's to a narrow range of procedures and the level 3 + visor will be used for most AGP's.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Is The Jungle Book at risk of being erased from culture? Rudyard Kipling did write The White Man's Burden.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I left work at 1715. Mostly because the office building going up next to my flat needs to sever water at 1900.

I realised before I could just go out, have drinks, waltz into posh hotels and use their toilet - then I realised none of that is happening anymore. The closest toilet is in the main rail station that 40 other homeless people battle for plus the odd commuter.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I have an appointment with my barber on Friday. I'm not really sure what to expect.

I read some places no longer wash and blow dry. I read others say don't show up with hair product. I read some say colour and other treatment are out - although I don't need any of those. My barber usually does a massage but with time slots down to 15 minutes I don't see that happening.

The other day I walked by the basement of an office building and saw four women surround one on a hair salon chair - no masks on anyone, just talking, laughing and blow drying in an indoor space.

Top Bottom