Random Questions & Thoughts

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
I keep getting these random cuts on my hands and it happens more frequently when the weather is cold.

Literally I'll nick myself putting on a shoe, pulling a Christmas card envelope out, or something like that and I will be bleeding bright red blood profusely. Was a bit embarrassing at the market when I put my gloves in my pocket and nicked something and had to run to the toilet to find toilet paper (damn you Dyson) to stop it.

Even this past summer I am at a bar talking lively and the bartender notices my finger is bleeding - why I have no clue. I didn't break anything.

I do know my blood pressure went from low to normal as I'm ageing.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I bought new spectacles and it's not fitting properly. My right cheek touches the lens when I smile. How are you supposed to fit these properly wearing a mask? It's better if I wear the mask.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I bought new spectacles and it's not fitting properly. My right cheek touches the lens when I smile. How are you supposed to fit these properly wearing a mask? It's better if I wear the mask.

I’m confused. Is your face uneven?!or your smile?

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Easy fix. Don’t smile.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I’m confused. Is your face uneven?!or your smile?

Easy fix. Don’t smile.

From how he measured and had the pads I would say it's not configured evenly. I was unfortunately too busy cooking and too sloshed after lunch to go in. Really need the oriental bloke to fix it because the white girl has no idea.

The bridge of my nose is also broken. It doesn't really stick out because of a fight I got into when I was younger and it never healed correctly (since I don't see doctors).

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Does it look uneven when you aren’t smiling?

Unreleated, but I heard someone say their ears were at slightly different heights and that made adjusting their glasses to look even tricky.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
My ears are different but for most people correctly fitting glasses is a pretty straight forward mechanics issue. Bend, adjust, bend.

I have a problem as I have a high bridge. Or in other words a big honk, snoz, hooter,etc.

actually it’s not the size of the snoz but the fact that the bridge is high raising the glasses too high on my face. I can’t wear most plastic frames as my eyebrows are looking through them.

sadly there are almost no readily available frames made for high bridges. Most are for “normal” and there’s stacks available for low bridge or Asian bridges.

Fwiffo

Supporter
He replaced it with thicker pads and it seems to have fixed the spacing issue. Also one of them is not as angled as the other. They're more equal now. Problem solved.

Back to sitting around doing sh@t all for work.

Floris II

Huge Ivy Cunt
I keep getting these random cuts on my hands and it happens more frequently when the weather is cold.

Literally I'll nick myself putting on a shoe, pulling a Christmas card envelope out, or something like that and I will be bleeding bright red blood profusely. Was a bit embarrassing at the market when I put my gloves in my pocket and nicked something and had to run to the toilet to find toilet paper (damn you Dyson) to stop it.

Even this past summer I am at a bar talking lively and the bartender notices my finger is bleeding - why I have no clue. I didn't break anything.

I do know my blood pressure went from low to normal as I'm ageing.
Start wearing gloves more often mate

Fwiffo

Supporter
Every time someone tests positive for coronavirus where I live the building then makes an announcement without noting which unit or floor they are on. But they do remind everyone there is extra cleaning of lifts, common areas and that the infected resident will be quarantined. Deliveries will be dropped off. Rubbish and recycling picked up at their door.

Since this South African mutation surfaced in December receive one every 3 days or so. Reckon most of the 35 floor building will be infected if we keep up this rate because I'm sure there are people who have positive tests and never reported to building management.

Ironically at my friends' buildings there is no such policy and infected people freely roam to pick up Uber eats and other parcels.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Every time someone tests positive for coronavirus where I live the building then makes an announcement without noting which unit or floor they are on. But they do remind everyone there is extra cleaning of lifts, common areas and that the infected resident will be quarantined. Deliveries will be dropped off. Rubbish and recycling picked up at their door.

Since this South African mutation surfaced in December receive one every 3 days or so. Reckon most of the 35 floor building will be infected if we keep up this rate because I'm sure there are people who have positive tests and never reported to building management.

Ironically at my friends' buildings there is no such policy and infected people freely roam to pick up Uber eats and other parcels.
Find out when they’re holding the next orgy on the 35th floor and get invited!

Fwiffo

Supporter
Why do I feel like I live in the former Soviet Union or modern day North Korea?

IMG_20220126_1726570.jpg

IMG_20220126_1727174.jpg

IMG_20220126_1727418.jpg

IMG_20220126_1727509.jpg

IMG_20220126_1728266.jpg

IMG_20220126_1728526.jpg

IMG_20220126_1729201.jpg

IMG_20220126_1728413.jpg

IMG_20220126_1730330.jpg IMG_20220126_1730511.jpg

Fwiffo

Supporter
How was the booze situation?
We were hurting for champagne, imported wine and gin going into Christmas. That was due to a lack of drivers.

This store, however, stopped selling booze at the end of 2020. Grocery stores are allowed to sell wine and beer. However most of the distribution is through government stores and as private companies you just can't compete. Takeaway booze is simply not lucrative unless you have a private supply chain through a winery that isn't in the government procurement chain. There aren't any off licences here.

you arent on that truck convoy?

I thought they were shipping protesters and counter protesters - were they also making a buck along the way?

Can you pick me up some of those spanakopita?

I will check the expiry date. They must be left behind in that freezer for a reason.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
We were hurting for champagne, imported wine and gin going into Christmas. That was due to a lack of drivers.

This store, however, stopped selling booze at the end of 2020. Grocery stores are allowed to sell wine and beer. However most of the distribution is through government stores and as private companies you just can't compete. Takeaway booze is simply not lucrative unless you have a private supply chain through a winery that isn't in the government procurement chain. There aren't any off licences here.
Sounds dreadful. The supermarkets here, until very recently only sold the likes of wine and beer, no hard liquor. Plenty off licenses here and online is good too. Very fast you can order up to 9pm and it will delivered next morning including Saturdays.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter

Can you try explaining this again - I barely understand it?

Do you say that the Ca Gov runs grog shops?

No 'off licences'? - I've never quiet understood what that means but I thought it was a UK term for a takeaway grog shop that isn't part of a pub.

here - in Victoria - its different in other states - supermarkets can sell booze but it must be in a (slightly) separate part of the store. There no differentiation between beer, wine or spirits.

There's also small grog shops that only sell booze. Mostly opening hours are 9 am till 9 pm.
There's also some big chains of big Booze Barns which are the cheapest.
1643336655497.png

Must be over 18 to buy grog/cigarettes.
There are some grog shops 24/7 but not many - there are plenty of booze delivery services - if you are desperate, drunk and want to throw $ away.
Gov role is licences and tax/excise.

You can get a licences- not complicated or expensive - to serve grog if you are a cafe, coffee shop, NFP running a music night or get together or even a barbers.

Just last year those places can also sell limited takeaways if they want. (You do need a RSA Responsible Serving of Alcohol certificate - I have one)

edit:: I just looked it up - Ca does have gov owned grogshops etc - never knew that. Commos

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Here in the Bible Belt, all alcohol is sold at liquor stores while supermarkets can only sell beer and wine (it’s on a normal aisle next to everything else) along with most petrol stations and convenience stores. My favorite are the petrol stations that will sell you a single ice-cold 800ml giant beer can for the road. Actually, just about anywhere selling a Mars bar they are probably also selling six packs.

Every restaurant serves alcohol along with cafes and fast food joints. Rules were relaxed further during the pandemic so that they can provides drinks with take-away and delivery orders as well - from a single glass of wine on up. There are also lots of Uber-type delivery services to get whatever you want delivered at 2am.

You have to be 21 or older to drink or buy alcohol and that is strictly enforced.

ballmouse

When I was in New Brunswick, Canada, I could only buy beer from a government run store. It was like any other liquor store I would find in the US, but just government owned.

I think alcohol inventory depends on the state in the US. I believe there are some where you cannot buy alcoholic beverages within the grocery store (Pennsylvania if I remember correctly?) although for the most part you can.

Fwiffo

Supporter
We say we lead the free world. We say we are the beacon for democracy. Equality. Yet day after day we tear each other apart. White on black. Jew on Muslim. Brown on oriental. Straight on Trans. Gay on Queer. We bicker amongst ourselves without any sense of consensus nor compromise. Politicians are more concerned about their own survival and long term is if they make it the next election. We keep at these coronavirus restrictions. Empty storefronts. Empty offices. Shortages on the shelves. Inflation that is sky high. People can't afford petrol. People can't afford a home. People can't afford food. We can't even get immigrants or refugees to come into the country properly whilst the cities depopulate and the natural birth rate dwindle to devastating levels. We advertise all of these to the world. Broadcast news. The Internet. Social media. Your kids' TikTok. As if transparency on this is anything less than abject shame. And it's no wonder that China and Russia are laughing, hysterically laughing, at us because we're no different nor better than what it was like in the 1960s.

Yet we tell our children they are the progeny of the greatest mankind has had to offer. They have a future. Might and right is still with the Western world. Their GDP will be higher because they speak English. One day when they come to realise it's nothing but decline and fall dressed as a charade it will be too late for salvation.

Fwiffo

Supporter
My login to the performance management system at work is busted.

Good thing I got all the ratings, merit/bonus, and pre-tax retirement savings contribution notices out before that happened.

Fwiffo

Supporter
In the twilight of the Eisenhower era, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has everyone going to a theatre show in black tie but is a cape anachronistic? White silk scarf?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Second time in 3 weeks I have to eat around bone in a slice of sashimi. And this was at a high end place.

Fwiffo

Supporter
“Women in their 40s are not fun. Family, job, sick mom, family, job, mom, family, horrible ex they still talk to because of kid who is grown. Repeat in loop every 20 minutes.”

I shudder.

Fwiffo

Supporter
There aren't too many Platinum Jubilee celebrations here. There are two black tie dinners linked to St. George and the Royal Commonwealth Society. All sold out. And a town crier event and tour on the official day. The rest seem to be light shows and museum displays in the capital.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
“Women in their 40s are not fun. Family, job, sick mom, family, job, mom, family, horrible ex they still talk to because of kid who is grown. Repeat in loop every 20 minutes.”

I shudder.
It'll be hard to find one at that age who hasn't got some baggage.

And believe you me, the shit I hear, you wouldn't believe. You think you've got problems, guess again.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program

I shudder.

I have a lady friend in her 40's who IS fun.

No kids. Never been married. Owns her own practice. Sorta sexy. Only child so no huge family issues. I have known her since we were teens so we have this "bond". FABULOUS sex!

The only issue is that we would see each other and have a great time and not see each other for months after!

Grand Potentate

No kids. Never been married. Owns her own practice. Sorta sexy. Only child so no huge family issues. I have known her since we were teens so we have this "bond". FABULOUS sex!

The only issue is that we would see each other and have a great time and not see each other for months after!
God she sounds AMAZING. Sex and then being left alone for months? You’re living the dream man!!!

Fwiffo

Supporter
Got a message on Instagram from this stewardess who is now seemingly still unemployed about putting 1K in to get 10K with crypto.

Now she is asking everyone to do it too and will be reinvesting herself. Pyramid scheme? Ponzi scheme?

ter1413

Got a message on Instagram from this stewardess who is now seemingly still unemployed about putting 1K in to get 10K with crypto.

Now she is asking everyone to do it too and will be reinvesting herself. Pyramid scheme? Ponzi scheme?

Neither. Sound like a plain ole hustle!

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy

You're having sex with a lady in the Big City that you knew in your teens?!

That's pretty amazing to me. Certainly all the girls I knew who got educated when I was in the sixth-form 16-18 are like me, scattered around the globe with one exception: a family divorce lawyer.

ter1413

You're having sex with a lady in the Big City that you knew in your teens?!

That's pretty amazing to me. Certainly all the girls I knew who got educated when I was in the sixth-form 16-18 are like me, scattered around the globe with one exception: a family divorce lawyer.

Hey...this isn't a "regular" thing. Maybe several times a month and then we don't see each other for a month+. Then she/I will call and we will go out for drinks/dinner and it starts back up again.

We are a great fit sexually. She is smart/good looking and fun. But NOT someone who I want to be involved with/married.

Grand Potentate

Hey...this isn't a "regular" thing. Maybe several times a month and then we don't see each other for a month+. Then she/I will call and we will go out for drinks/dinner and it starts back up again.

We are a great fit sexually. She is smart/good looking and fun. But NOT someone who I want to be involved with/married.
you won the lotto

Top Bottom