Random Questions & Thoughts

All these pro life or pro choice abortion protesters at the various legislative houses here...some of the women are so ugly I don't know when they would ever get pregnant to have this be an issue.

Just found out today one guy who worked here actually got into a relationship with a staff member and got married to her. She ended up having to report to the guy's boss and when he transferred to an office out of country she stayed on for a bit and went with him.

Why am I so infatuated with Persian women?
They are very attractive. The diaspora is everywhere, and on my trips to Tehran, there's plenty available looking to get away from the ugliness of the regime. My position has always been that the one country that regime change would actually work, is Iran. They're itching and bopping to embrace modernity.

Gents - for classical symphonies - do you applaud after every movement or after the final movement?

Because I was taught by my father the latter.

Came into the office today for 2 online meetings and 2 in person meetings. 1 in person rescheduled as I was en route.

My presence on Tuesdays and Thursdays is supposed to encourage people to come in. Of the department of 30 there is me and one other bloke in the office today.

Now I will be out a little over $100 in Uber and a good 3 to 4 hours on the rail.

Came into the office today for 2 online meetings and 2 in person meetings. 1 in person rescheduled as I was en route.

My presence on Tuesdays and Thursdays is supposed to encourage people to come in. Of the department of 30 there is me and one other bloke in the office today.

Now I will be out a little over $100 in Uber and a good 3 to 4 hours on the rail.
doesn't the company reimburse your transportation?

Gents - for classical symphonies - do you applaud after every movement or after the final movement?

Because I was taught by my father the latter.
Whilst anything longer than an Ellington piece is too long for me, you should only clap at the end.

There's a crisis at work and no one bothers to reach out to me anymore. I'm officially retired.

But it’s a paid retirement, right?

Yes but I'm poorer.

A good chunk of my compensation was tied to incentives based on company performance. Those are gone. They paid out 2021 though. My travel allowance is gone. I also had a long term incentive pool that I now no longer can contribute to, but can't withdraw before the vesting period either.

Yes but I'm poorer.

A good chunk of my compensation was tied to incentives based on company performance. Those are gone. They paid out 2021 though. My travel allowance is gone. I also had a long term incentive pool that I now no longer can contribute to, but can't withdraw before the vesting period either.
So what’s the point in staying again?

Why do younger women call me mister?

I feel old.

I lot of the people working for me call me ‘sir’. It makes me feel old and stuffy, but I’ve given up trying to retrain them.

I lot of the people working for me call me ‘sir’. It makes me feel old and stuffy, but I’ve given up trying to retrain them.

I get that all the time from people in the service industry. That and boss. I guess it's because I wear a tie 5 days a week.

I don't mind being called boss by people who I am the boss of but random person who is driving you or opening a door is a bit weird.

The club I last went to had a shooting on the weekend at 3:30. As the police were evacuating the club, some were trying to finish the expensive alcohol they ordered after 2:00 last call.

What does it mean to be called a "baby angel" by a woman?

It's disturbing to believe people think that's the only reason I'm in the company of the opposite sex.

The waist on my suit trousers are getting loose and I can button even the smallest and most fitted of my blazers. I still weight 4kg more than the last time I had these problems.

If the girl is still an age she is attending uni, when is that too young?

If the girl is still an age she is attending uni, when is that too young?
Wut?

What are you asking?
Uni is 18-22. If you are 55+, all of it is too young. Unless you’re Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or the like.

Depends on the age(s).

20f and 36m sounds dodgy then.

Wut?

What are you asking?
Uni is 18-22. If you are 55+, all of it is too young. Unless you’re Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or the like.

Obviously not a teenager. People must think I scout for a brothel. I'm definitely not Tom Cruise age.

The formula is (own age) / 2 + 7 = (minimum acceptable age)

Is it? I recall in my early days our VP told me about that rule. One of my co-workers followed it too and she ditched him, took half of his retirement (earned before her) and the two kids and shacked up with a younger richer man.

Just trying to restart my social life without having to encounter things like "Oh sh@t, my ex switched days/weeks on us about the kids..." - why these issues need to be shared with me I have no idea.

Or the I'm running out of fertile eggs pressures.

Or aim for older in the 40s who are menopausal or have excessive drama baggage from previous relationships.

Obviously not a teenager. People must think I scout for a brothel. I'm definitely not Tom Cruise age.

Is it? I recall in my early days our VP told me about that rule. One of my co-workers followed it too and she ditched him, took half of his retirement (earned before her) and the two kids and shacked up with a younger richer man.

Just trying to restart my social life without having to encounter things like "Oh sh@t, my ex switched days/weeks on us about the kids..." - why these issues need to be shared with me I have no idea.

Or aim for older in the 40s who are menopausal or have excessive drama baggage from previous relationships.
I obviously don't have a solution for your difficulties in keeping intact relationships, however, based on this additional information, another rule of thumb for you: If there is grass on the field, play ball!

Given that level of empathy, just hit whatever will talk to you.

I obviously don't have a solution for your difficulties in keeping intact relationships, however, based on this additional information, another rule of thumb for you: If there is grass on the field, play ball!
Yes, but one day that might be troublesome like it is for 82 year old Al Pacino and his new 28 year old girlfriend.

I believe the previous one complained there are challenges with a septuagenarian.

Given that level of empathy, just hit whatever will talk to you.

I *am* empathetic. That's why I am highly cognizant of avoiding other people's challenges and wasting their time by pretending I care.

Lot of these kids today playing out there in car parking lots.

Where did the term leveling up come from?

First I heard the British government has (or had?) a minister responsible for it. Now I'm seeing at work they call upgrades "leveling up". We're "leveling up" the Intranet.

Where did the term leveling up come from?

First I heard the British government has (or had?) a minister responsible for it. Now I'm seeing at work they call upgrades "leveling up". We're "leveling up" the Intranet.
video games

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom