Random Questions & Thoughts

You know when you're about to meet someone whose typed responses sound bitchy as hell but her photographs are happy and hot.

My salary is spinning out of another cost centre owner.

My boss never bothered to move me under him and figure out how to charge from a Canadian legal entity to an Austrian one.

The owner who is in Germany is saying start paying up YTD because you're using my Canadian funds. Boss is saying I only worked for him for 3 months. Meanwhile I collected 8 months salary. Well, myself and the government taxes.

My salary is spinning out of another cost centre owner.

My boss never bothered to move me under him and figure out how to charge from a Canadian legal entity to an Austrian one.

The owner who is in Germany is saying start paying up YTD because you're using my Canadian funds. Boss is saying I only worked for him for 3 months. Meanwhile I collected 8 months salary. Well, myself and the government taxes.
you think you'll be able to straighten it out or will you have to get a lawyer? do you have something like the department of labor there in canada?

you think you'll be able to straighten it out or will you have to get a lawyer? do you have something like the department of labor there in canada?

Que sera sera. I'm not sure what the labour laws are here because I've never been in this position.

I have a job offer on the table for a new role where I take another title downgrade and possibly another total compensation hit and I switch from vendor supplier to the buyer side under the same corporate umbrella. Someone could argue this is all constructive dismissal.

I spent a bunch on 3 birthdays for my brother's family, some on the women, a new suit (for a job that doesn't exist) and a second hand mobile phone to replace the one I buggered up so I need two more pay cheques.

Ontario Labour Relations Board. I can put him in touch with labour lawyers that mediate/arbitrate Air Canada and UAW disputes.

He should look at retaining Marie Henein, Lebanese-Canadian. She does a bit of civil stuff. His kind of female lawyer.
1661559429332.png

Warm seats. Maybe it's a pet peeve of mine but if the pod of 4 seats is empty then I move to the one where someone didn't turn on the human seat warmer.

Your spouse has coronavirus. You are negative and continue to be. There is a final farewell concert tonight and you both have tickets.

Understanding the infected should responsibly not attend and become a super spreader, should you not just go alone?

Your spouse has coronavirus. You are negative and continue to be. There is a final farewell concert tonight and you both have tickets.

Understanding the infected should responsibly not attend and become a super spreader, should you not just go alone?

Absolutely not.

I would call a friend and go with them.

What's more healthy? Sashimi + small green salad + miso soup or paleo salad?

There was a keto salad too. I guess they drop the seeds. This place is staffed with Hispanic and Filipino people so ordering pay-leo you need to pronounce it pah-lay-o or point like you don't speak English.

There was a keto salad too. I guess they drop the seeds. This place is staffed with Hispanic and Filipino people so ordering pay-leo you need to pronounce it pah-lay-o or point like you don't speak English.

Those damned Hispanic Filipinos getting on the way of your healthy eating habits.

I have a constant train of people selling me things or wanting favours or jobs on LinkedIn claiming they know me from x, y or z.

Last night I had a woman with a very oddly spelt first name and an unfamiliar surname reach out after adding me. She knew where I was from but you can probably discern that from the CV. I vaguely remember someone who looks roughly like that from what must be my high school senior or uni days. Like all testosterone filled boys at the time I did something foolish that was not to my benefit.

I keep thinking of the old guy in the Family Man movie with Nicolas Cage. Old female acquaintances are like old tax returns. Keep them in your drawer for X years and then cut them loose.

Or just order the fucking salad without focusing too much on the ethnicity or provenance of the server. 🙄

This is the third or fourth time it happened and with multiple staff members. The manager who usually works the till speaks the same English that I do.

So you can hear the kitchen staff saying ‘the fuckwit at table six wants a hipster salad’?

It is a fast food place without any wait service as befitting my reduced and impoverished state of life. It is open concept too so that might happen.

Would you be insulted if we started a Go Fund Me campaign for you?

I would feel beloved that people care about the dire straits I find myself in. Will you be one of the organisers too?

I am at opening night in a posh section of a theatre show. Still strangely 50-50 masks

I have about two weeks left before I head to the unemployment office.

I walked by a protest of women with signs saying they were sex worker advocates....I had to look twice to read the word advocates because I thought some of them don't look like they are making too much money based on physical features.

I have some scoliosis or muscle imbalance since I was first measured for a suit and he insisted my right shoulder is lower than my left.

I didn't do anything about it but I have always had pretty horrible posture. I always favoured crossing one leg over the other. The imbalance created some issues with my right knee, then the muscle near my heel, then my hamstring and finally my hip. It got worse as I aged. Early on I did one 45 minute elliptical session a week and it seemed to straighten things out.

I would look up random stretches and it mostly resolved the issue for awhile. Then coronavirus happened and I couldn't get to the gym so by the time I didn’t do anything other than walk (with my imbalance) I was starting to have hip pain walking 50-60km a week. Alcohol and marijuana solved some of these issues.

Now that I am back on a crazy 25 days at the gym a month schedule I am better now. My posture has improved with the weights. The elliptical helps. I used to do lifts seeing my right shoulder visibly lower but it seems to have improved. Yet in the evenings after a good 12 hours of working I start stiffening up again especially my right hamstring and hip flexor - probably because of the bad posture again.

I have some scoliosis or muscle imbalance since I was first measured for a suit and he insisted my right shoulder is lower than my left.

I didn't do anything about it but I have always had pretty horrible posture. I always favoured crossing one leg over the other. The imbalance created some issues with my right knee, then the muscle near my heel, then my hamstring and finally my hip. It got worse as I aged. Early on I did one 45 minute elliptical session a week and it seemed to straighten things out.

I would look up random stretches and it mostly resolved the issue for awhile. Then coronavirus happened and I couldn't get to the gym so by the time I didn’t do anything other than walk (with my imbalance) I was starting to have hip pain walking 50-60km a week. Alcohol and marijuana solved some of these issues.

Now that I am back on a crazy 25 days at the gym a month schedule I am better now. My posture has improved with the weights. The elliptical helps. I used to do lifts seeing my right shoulder visibly lower but it seems to have improved. Yet in the evenings after a good 12 hours of working I start stiffening up again especially my right hamstring and hip flexor - probably because of the bad posture again.
Fascinating. Do you realize a large percentage of men have one shoulder lower than the other and it isn’t because they all have scoliosis or some muscle imbalance?

Fascinating. Do you realize a large percentage of men have one shoulder lower than the other and it isn’t because they all have scoliosis or some muscle imbalance?

MANY people have this issue.

That's a relief but I am not sure they all have knee, Achilles, hamstring and hip flexor tightness on the side of the dropped shoulder with a right foot that tends to turn left because of the imbalance.

That's a relief but I am not sure they all have knee, Achilles, hamstring and hip flexor tightness on the side of the dropped shoulder with a right foot that tends to turn left because of the imbalance.
Very true, Quasimodo.

I promised the nurse at one of my doctors offices a nice box of chocolates if she was able to get my insurance to approve this prescription. Well, after over a year of the both of us fighting them, I got the insurance to cover it. I'm a man of my word so I have to pony up. Anyone have recommendations for good quality boxed chocolates? Godiva sucks and I think Laderach is mediocre and overpriced.

I promised the nurse at one of my doctors offices a nice box of chocolates if she was able to get my insurance to approve this prescription. Well, after over a year of the both of us fighting them, I got the insurance to cover it. I'm a man of my word so I have to pony up. Anyone have recommendations for good quality boxed chocolates? Godiva sucks and I think Laderach is mediocre and overpriced.
Congratulations!

Ladurée, Aux Merveilleux de Fred...? Any local patisserie that makes their own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom