Random Questions & Thoughts

What's the iGent cuff?

whom do you want to fool???

betel.jpeg

I watch this and my first reaction is:

"Because it breathes better." Then I am creeped out by fake Audrey Hepburn (and her missing soul)

when you watch TV in a foreign country and you have that thought "what a stupid commercial" or "what a stupid product name" or "why in the world would they advertise that" do you ever then sit back and look at the dumb shit, dumb names and same overall silliness of commercials back home?

Why do we need to advertise shit paper, feminine hygiene products and other dumbass products?

Are there still places where people use newspaper in lieu of these products and if there are, what is the likelihood they have both the intellect and TV service for the lightbulb to go on in their mishapen, shallow gene pool brains?

The reference to Jimmy McMillan by doghouse/Sebastian Ward got me looking at his wikipedia entry. It says that he is a former stripper. Do they mean he was scraping paint or scrubbing shellac... or taking his clothes off for people???

Welcome Back Kotter was underrated. Arnold Horshack, Freddy and Juan Epstein too.

Last edited:
Gabe Kaplan was the worst actor. Great comedian but he was the worst part of WBC.

If you've never seen his bit on "what if Ed Sullivan did his last show drunk" you have to, this is the uncensored audio version.

Gabe Kaplan was the worst actor. Great comedian but he was the worst part of WBC.

If you've never seen his bit on "what if Ed Sullivan did his last show drunk" you have to, this is the uncensored audio version.

I never mentioned Kotter, though he never bothered me, but his timing was always a tick slow or fast, kind of like a robotic Billy Crystal. The writing was timely for my era of watching re-runs of older shows, the clip I posted was the kind of thing that took me to school the next day and gave my textbook the evil-eye. Thought provoking to a kid. If that fucking Rustler would stop hiking that boring trail he'd chime in and agree.

The hallmark of the American sitcom was the social commentary that was dropped in behind the laughter. When done well it was very effective.

Indeed. But not seen in modern day TV, at least the way I appreciate it.

I think the 70's were the golden years for that style. All in the Family was another perfect example.

There was more social strife at the time to weave into the plots

So I just spent the last hour reading tumblrs filled with Tinder messages. Is shit really this bad out there? Are men this fucking stupid that some of this dumbass shit would actually work?

I think the 70's were the golden years for that style. All in the Family was another perfect example.

There was more social strife at the time to weave into the plots

I wonder if that would even work today. When Jean Stapleton died, one of my coworkers said - "wasn't she on that old racist show?" I tried to explain that it wasn't racist, if anything it was intended to lampoon racism (albeit in an incredibly paternalistically liberal sort of way). She and several others insisted it was a genuinely racist show and that they couldn't believe they were even allowed to show it on tv. :notbad:

I wonder if that would even work today. When Jean Stapleton died, one of my coworkers said - "wasn't she on that old racist show?" I tried to explain that it wasn't racist, if anything it was intended to lampoon racism (albeit in an incredibly paternalistically liberal sort of way). She and several others insisted it was a genuinely racist show and that they couldn't believe they were even allowed to show it on tv. :notbad:

I think you are bang on. Public sensibilities have swung so far over to the "do not offend at any cost" side.

It also shows that these individuals have only a surface knowledge of things, lack of context, PC-centric centres of reasoning. All it takes is to read or watch an interview with Norman Lear to understand - if you don't automatically inherently understand it.

The only way it is easily done today is in cartoon format: Simpsons, etc. I don't think Married with Children could be floated today. Sitcoms now, if they are edgy, use sex, I think though I haven't watched much television for the past 7 or 8 years so I am out of touch.

So I just spent the last hour reading tumblrs filled with Tinder messages. Is shit really this bad out there? Are men this fucking stupid that some of this dumbass shit would actually work?

I got a hot new gf. Don't care anymore.

I continue to be amazed at how fat nurses are especially in hospitals. Plus they tend to walk in herds, walking abreast completely blocking corridors as they waddle towards the food court. There are no passing lanes. How can anyone take such a tub of goo seriously as a health care professional?

"I can't believe you as a health care professional smoke"

"Well, I can't believe you as a health care professional look like you have just ingested a small child"

In the old days this did have a practical application when you could smoke inside, as I could light a cigarette off the sparks that flew from their asses rubbing against the corridor walls.

I continue to be amazed at how fat nurses are especially in hospitals. Plus they tend to walk in herds, walking abreast completely blocking corridors as they waddle towards the food court. There are no passing lanes. How can anyone take such a tub of goo seriously as a health care professional?

"I can't believe you as a health care professional smoke"

"Well, I can't believe you as a health care professional look like you have just ingested a small child"

In the old days this did have a practical application when you could smoke inside, as I could light a cigarette off the sparks that flew from their asses rubbing against the corridor walls.

We need an obesity thread.

I am ambivalent. Good for these women, I suppose. Looking at their "lover" I would make a knee-jerk assessment that he was a fucking wanker prior to knowing he was sleeping with them. But what the fuck. Different strokes for different folks. I am sure he also digs geriatric pegging with horse-sized strap ons.

Whoa. I justheld a #2 for as long as humanly possible. The pressure for release became just unbearable. When I finally unloaded, that first log was like the ring of fire coming out. I'd be a horrible ghay.

Obama is up on the TV right now. The dude looks tired, and like if he could quit, he would. It's clear he doesn't like being the honcho any more.

So what's wrong with a blood diamond? What is the big deal of a conflict free rock?

I mean what better back story can you have than a poor minor miner comes across a nice big stone, secretes it in some body cavity and spirits it out of the mine, makes a couple of bucks, it gets into the hands of some Hassid in Brussels then gets it to your guy in NYC.

Let's see, last time I checked "conflict" was not part of the 4 C's.

I find out disturbing when a tailor or someone who sells suits offers Loro Piana fabrics but they are mispelled... example

- Loro Pianna
- Loropeana

:challengeconsidered:

"Outcast CrossFit". Why do all CrossFit places seem like they have to set themselves against the world? Everybody wants to be fit. You're not doing anything different except looking like a fool. Is that something enviable?

I'm expecting USPS to deliver a package today, because it was shipped with 2-day in order to arrive today. So why the eff does the tracking say the post office is holding it until tomorrow? Can I sue the post office for not delivering it today package on two days? Why can't they help be held accountable for this shit?

Last edited:
If I could buy the world a Coke, they'd probably piss and moan about the high fructose corn syrup content and rudely decline my gesture.

I'm expecting USPS to deliver a package today, because it was shipped with 2-day in order to arrive today. So why the eff does the tracking say the post office is holding it until tomorrow? Can I sue the post office for not delivering it today package on two days? Why can't they help be held accountable for this shit?
Priority is 2 to 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom