Random Style Thoughts

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
So fresco is no good, but wool/mohair is?
Fresco is fine. Just that LelandJ LelandJ would complain it is "scratchy"

Mohair blend is just sexier

Holland and Sherry Crispaire is similar to fresco but more refined

Fresco is popular because of price-point not just because it is so great in the heat.

Everything is relative. No matter the tissue, wearing a jacket in the heat is still hot.

LelandJ

Chicken Testicle Enthusiast
Ratings
OLOLOOOOLOLOOL, how do you know if you've never even tried one on?
I know my body measurements and the measurements of the jackets that fit me well??

olO?!

I'm sure their patterns aren't crazy and my body's not deformed like Noodles or Murl. I have a small buddha belly but that's just an extra inch I need which Kiton already gives!

E

ElioDA

I know my body measurements and the measurements of the jackets that fit me well??

olO?!

I'm sure their patterns aren't crazy and my body's not deformed like Noodles or Murl. I have a small buddha belly but that's just an extra inch I need which Kiton already gives!
You must be a sock of DaNoodles. FYI, (and what he finally figured out) measurements of the actual product may differ from the published figures. YMMV.

LelandJ

Ratings
You must be a sock of DaNoodles. FYI, (and what he finally figured out) measurements of the actual product may differ from the published figures. YMMV.
I appreciate your troll attempts here but Noodles bought a Formosa with mislabeled size and had it altered without ever trying it on. I know how different 22" vs 21.5" vs 21" vs 20.5" chest feels just by putting a jacket on. Also I only trust measurements when taken from the exact suit for sale and if only taken by a seller who I've purchased from before. Obviously there's a measurement range for Kiton as with any maker, and their averages for 40 are near perfect for me.

I had a sales assistant at SuSu tell me the 40 suit with drop 7 would have a 33" waist which is what I need. I told her I disagreed and had her measure with a tape in front of me which proved they indeed have a 35" waist. She didn't want to help me after that and the feeling was mutual.

FriendCustomer

Awful Tie Aficionado
Ratings
I appreciate your troll attempts here but Noodles bought a Formosa with mislabeled size and had it altered without ever trying it on.
olololo, this coming from the idiot who had an overcoat altered without trying it on with a jacket underneath and then upon finding out he could not wear a jacket underneath stated he would just wear odd black vests underneath.

ConchitaWurst

Bespoke-Weather Forecaster
Ratings
I had a sales assistant at SuSu tell me the 40 suit with drop 7 would have a 33" waist which is what I need. I told her I disagreed and had her measure with a tape in front of me which proved they indeed have a 35" waist. She didn't want to help me after that and the feeling was mutual.
ololololol. would it be somehow possible for you to video tape these shopping experiences for us?

FriendCustomer

Awful Tie Aficionado
Ratings
If I could vintage quality wools then I'd be all for it but most tailors are providing for contemporary business dress and assume won't find them there. I haven't tried a Kiton jacket on but some pics of their cotton/blend suits look to have more natural shoulder, it could turn out I won't like it though as you say. Their measurements are spot on for me and they usually come with 8" to 9" pant hems unlike SuSu's 7.5".
you assume wrong. dry, matte, english worsted cloth from reputable english merchants in the 12 to 13 oz range will not look like the cloth on the shiny suits that the average office plankton, mtm igents, lux arab/russian/africanDictator/chinamen and pitti homos wear.

LelandJ

Ratings
olololo, this coming from the idiot who had an overcoat altered without trying it on with a jacket underneath and then upon finding out he could not wear a jacket underneath stated he would just wear odd black vests underneath.
You misremember and misunderstand, I knew when I first put it on the shoulders would be too narrow and the armholes too tight for a jacket underneath regardless of chest and waist size alterations!

The coat really does fit me perfectly.

LelandJ

Ratings
you assume wrong. dry, matte, english worsted cloth from reputable english merchants in the 12 to 13 oz range will not look like the cloth on the shiny suits that the average office plankton, mtm igents, lux arab/russian/africanDictator/chinamen and pitti homos wear.
Why do you think I assumed that? WTH is going on here?

E

ElioDA

I appreciate your troll attempts here but Noodles bought a Formosa with mislabeled size and had it altered without ever trying it on. I know how different 22" vs 21.5" vs 21" vs 20.5" chest feels just by putting a jacket on. Also I only trust measurements when taken from the exact suit for sale and if only taken by a seller who I've purchased from before. Obviously there's a measurement range for Kiton as with any maker, and their averages for 40 are near perfect for me.

Still waiting for pics of your perfectly fitting Isaia suit that was sized two sizes down.

LelandJ

Ratings
Hey N Newc why are your arms still murlsquirreled? Your arms protruded forward like that in real life too?

Good to know Formosa looks pretty good in the back if your arms aren't relaxed. Some small but not insignificant pitch issues but that's quite common with a number of brands including Eidos which hopefully Isaia was able to correct for upcoming and future seasons.

LKP

Troll Treasurer
Ratings
Hey N Newc why are your arms still murlsquirreled? Your arms protruded forward like that in real life too?

Good to know Formosa looks pretty good in the back if your arms aren't relaxed. Some small but not insignificant pitch issues but that's quite common with a number of brands including Eidos which hopefully Isaia was able to correct for upcoming and future seasons.

i like your boglioli sleeve pitch fetish

Newc

Ratings
I know you are fixated on this... but in all honesty, isn't it normal for arms to be slightly crooked when they are laying at rest? Do you walk around with fully extended arms? I don't know, this seems like a strange fixation. In the pictures - especially the first couple, I intentionally kept my arms naturally at rest.

Put in the other picture:

Monkeyface

Monochromatic Clothing Troll
Supporter
Ratings
I know you are fixated on this... but in all honesty, isn't it normal for arms to be slightly crooked when they are laying at rest? Do you walk around with fully extended arms? I don't know, this seems like a strange fixation. In the pictures - especially the first couple, I intentionally kept my arms naturally at rest.

Put in the other picture:

He doesn't mean crooked, he means that your shoulders and thus your hands are rotated forwards, like a monkey. Lelandj is a bit crazy, but trust me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to monkey poses.

Newc

Ratings
He doesn't mean crooked, he means that your shoulders and thus your hands are rotated forwards, like a monkey. Lelandj is a bit crazy, but trust me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to monkey poses.
THAT is the issue? I see. Noted, going forward. To my knowledge, I think any rotation was at my forearm level rather than my shoulder level. I can assure you, that although I am strange enough to post pictures on the Internet, I am not strange enough to purposely torque my shoulders to get my fit pics just so. I agree, I had pitch issues on my size 50 (part of the reason I sold), but now that I have dropped weight, and sized down, the sleeves have not been an issue.

Monkeyface

Supporter
Ratings
THAT is the issue? I see. Noted, going forward. To my knowledge, I think any rotation was at my forearm level rather than my shoulder level. I can assure you, that although I am strange enough to post pictures on the Internet, I am not strange enough to purposely torque my shoulders to get my fit pics just so. I agree, I had pitch issues on my size 50 (part of the reason I sold), but now that I have dropped weight, and sized down, the sleeves have not been an issue.
Don't mind leland's sleeve pitch obsession. Not everyone has an alterations tailor that does 4 fittings lololll

LelandJ

Ratings
If I were a tailor I would refuse to make suits for people who refused to correct their postures because suiting monkeys is a non-starter.

LelandJ

Ratings
On a serious and holistic note, good posture is the foundation of one's grounding mentally/physically to the universe. The quality or lack of are inseparable to it.

Monkeyface

Supporter
Ratings
On a serious and holistic note, good posture is the foundation of one's grounding mentally/physically to the universe. The quality or lack of are inseparable to it.
Because without grounding one might float away and get a view of that universe from close up?

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Y'know one thing I really never thought would come back in --- was ---- torn ripped jeans.

In a few short weeks its fucking everywhere on men and women.

What's that all about?

LelandJ

Ratings
Y'know one thing I really never thought would come back in --- was ---- torn ripped jeans.

In a few short weeks its fucking everywhere on men and women.

What's that all about?
Been seeing a lot of this and not just rips but completely bare knees, holes the size of melons.

Also went into a menswear store today with a MTM offer but the sales guy gave me someone else's card, crossed his name out and told me to email his name at the store's site instead (really fucking professional). I then ask to see their cotton and linen samples to which he showed me mostly silk blends. He was trying to helicopter hard sell me right there saying he'd grab some of his jackets out the back after I informed him I was in a rush and only previewing briefly. I'm walking out the door and he says hold on I'll give you my email address (again?) and I just walk out. I've never seen a sales rep act so desperate when selling $1600 MTM suits. Not sure I'll go back now, with dude sweating his commission on me.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
Been seeing a lot of this and not just rips but completely bare knees, holes the size of melons.

Also went into a menswear store today with a MTM offer but the sales guy gave me someone else's card, crossed his name out and told me to email his name at the store's site instead (really fucking professional). I then ask to see their cotton and linen samples to which he showed me mostly silk blends. He was trying to helicopter hard sell me right there saying he'd grab some of his jackets out the back after I informed him I was in a rush and only previewing briefly. I'm walking out the door and he says hold on I'll give you my email address (again?) and I just walk out. I've never seen a sales rep act so desperate when selling $1600 MTM suits. Not sure I'll go back now, with dude sweating his commission on me.
You are not going to have a great deal of luck with cotton or linen MTM

Why haven't you gone to Mr. Ned?

Top Bottom