Random Style Thoughts

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Y'know, I'm baffled, always have been, about the adulation Weller receives(d). I've never found him, his music, or anything he says interesting.

And that video hasn't changed that.
That's an example of Weller in his 80s style councillor prime: talking of his eclectic palate and sporting it at the same time. Bold colour schemes and a definitive 80s silhouette. Happy days!

formby

Ratings
That's an example of Weller in his 80s style councillor prime: talking of his eclectic palate and sporting it at the same time. Bold colour schemes and a definitive 80s silhouette. Happy days!
I just don't see it, I just see a bloke trying to be enigmatic, probably his idea of kool but just coming across as awkward. Its a common pose amongst rock stars to be fair.

His clothes are very much of their time, boxy suit &c...

QuandoDio

Ratings
Y'know, I'm baffled, always have been, about the adulation Weller receives(d). I've never found him, his music, or anything he says interesting.

And that video hasn't changed that.
On that I agree. The Jam had a few noteworthy songs and I guess he performs well live. Then again, so did my dog, Jack!

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
I just don't see it, I just see a bloke trying to be enigmatic, probably his idea of kool but just coming across as awkward. Its a common pose amongst rock stars to be fair.

His clothes are very much of their time, boxy suit &c...
Very much the 80s silhouette. I like it, it evokes my earnest youth.

On that I agree. The Jam had a few noteworthy songs and I guess he performs well live. Then again, so did my dog, Jack!
In the context of the quote: yes, Weller hasn't come across well in interviews in the main. TSC's film Jerusalem was embarrassing.

I've been at concerts were Weller was very mediocre, others where he delivered on the promise.

He's made a career out of his profession and there was a time when those 12'''s were coming out in 83/84/85 every 3 months, when some of us where taking note of Weller's and Talbot's style notes as apprentice Style Councillors.

Top Bottom