Random Style Thoughts

15822558_1831791197149656_6328729406172314828_n.jpg

IMG_0276.JPG
At $140 this Gustin could have been a nice casual jacket, but the pre-worn effect kills it for me.

I should make a thread of all te girls i have gone out hahahahhahahaahhha

Apologies, I thought you said Paulistas!

Where did you meet them, which bar? What hotel did you stay in? Is my name still a legend in those parts?

Any good restaurants too?
Nah we just went out for drinks, met them at a bar. I was to sick too stay the whole time with them, I will be seeing them this weekend again. They are a bit too dark for my taste, but wont complain.

Found this podcast interview with David Coggins. The rest of the site looks like SF "article" rubbish.

What’s with everyone suddenly wearing polo shirts under sport coats. This is not ok. At least Don Johnson knee he was being a twat with his pastel shirts and jackets.

What’s with everyone suddenly wearing polo shirts under sport coats. This is not ok. At least Don Johnson knee he was being a twat with his pastel shirts and jackets.

If you read the style influencers, they are suggesting ways of successfully wearing a polo under a sport coat. It is part of the menswear being made more casual. If you are looking at menswear sales they show that men are buying smart looking clothing but less suit and tie and more a sport coat can be worn with anything. Invariably they will invoke Bond wearing a Sunspel under a blazer. How can you argue with Bond?

Anent the foregoing, back in the 1950s, it was not uncommon for men to wear a crew-neck T-shirt under the sport coat. In hindsight, it was a rather egregious look. I would certainly consider wearing a polo under a sport coat less heinous than that.

I've noticed the same. Casual Friday was Jeans Friday until very recently. Guys wore oxfords or one necked dress shirts or similar shirts tucked into jeans and leather shoes. Now it's all hoodies and sneakers.

A long sleeved polo shirt under a jacket has a decent enough history in refined casual wear. Not too far from a Turtle Necked

The trouble with the bloke above is that whole ends up being less than the sum of the parts. None of the individual items are obnoxious in an of themselves. (I'm not a fan of the green tweed SC with elephant ears lapels but thats to a large extent a matter of preference.) Hes got white 5 pocket jeans with no belt. This might work with a polo on top and untucked and boat shoes or sneakers sans socks but trying to dress it UP is a mistake. OTOH The tweed jacket needs something like a country check OCBD - tie or not - to make it work. Perhaps tailored cord trousers as well - not white jeans. The polo itself looks like a faded workwear item with chunky placket and weird collar.

Nah. The trouble with the bloke above is he does the instagram/iGent stance, which is to suck in your stomach, hold your arms limp or clasped behind the back, and hunch over. They all do it. Aleks Cvetkovics does it better than most, by looking down at his navel. Hunched back, sloping shoulders, wide hips from double pleats, narrow ankles, unstructured shoulders (or not) is not at attractive look.

I suspect it's the hang-ups about the belly and the gynaecomastia.

I think you're both right. Burzan usually has some nice pieces (in the low-end price point, anyway) and seems like a nice bloke. But the end result in fit pics always disappoints.

Like off-white pants and a dark brown herringbone sports coat? Add that to the sad, mopey emo faces staring sadly at the floor with hunched shoulders.

https://www.instagram.com/burzanblog/

beggars are not choosers - he calls himself: Master level enabler

afaik, most of his shit comes through reviews for the usual suspects aka styfo affiliates.

I agree, besides he seems to be a nice guy, though.

I think you're both right. Burzan usually has some nice pieces (in the low-end price point, anyway) and seems like a nice bloke. But the end result in fit pics always disappoints.

Like off-white pants and a dark brown herringbone sports coat? Add that to the sad, mopey emo faces staring sadly at the floor with hunched shoulders.

https://www.instagram.com/burzanblog/

The trouble with the bloke above is that whole ends up being less than the sum of the parts. None of the individual items are obnoxious in an of themselves. (I'm not a fan of the green tweed SC with elephant ears lapels but thats to a large extent a matter of preference.) Hes got white 5 pocket jeans with no belt. This might work with a polo on top and untucked and boat shoes or sneakers sans socks but trying to dress it UP is a mistake. OTOH The tweed jacket needs something like a country check OCBD - tie or not - to make it work. Perhaps tailored cord trousers as well - not white jeans. The polo itself looks like a faded workwear item with chunky placket and weird collar.

The association of white jeans and the 1980's is just too strong for me to ever take seriously.

Paul Weller interview from 1987 on his fashion sense, without doubt he was one sharp style councillor who had that 80s vibe nailed:

Paul Weller interview from 1987 on his fashion sense, without doubt he was one sharp style councillor who had that 80s vibe nailed:

Y'know, I'm baffled, always have been, about the adulation Weller receives(d). I've never found him, his music, or anything he says interesting.

And that video hasn't changed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom