Random Uber stories

Fwiffo

Supporter
Since I use it at least 5 times a week or more I thought I'd share all of my ongoing Uber experiences.

Today I got a ride from the office to my Airbnb. What is a $11 fare turned into a $15 fare. I wouldn't normally notice that if it weren't for the fact when he pulled out of my office's near empty parking lot he made a 720 degree turn. I thought he was lost after 360 degrees then I suspected he was trying to get more mileage.

When I left the car he said good night and as I was unpacking I saw my mobile say after some minutes that Uber wants me to thank and tip my driver. I look on the map and the wanker drove 2/3 of the way back to my office and stopped at an A&W for a burger presumably at my expense.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
I got the local deaf driver in this village. He fist bumps me after pointing at the screen to see if I am that rider. For a man who lacks one sense he surely has no fear speeding on residential streets.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Pretty sure the driver I got now who took 10 minutes to come to my location rated at 7 minutes is high or drunk or both. Problem is I can't really complain as I am piss drunk too.

ballmouse

I've been travelling every other week since August, and every Lyft I get is rated a 5.0. Every single one. I'm wondering if the ratings even signify anything anymore.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I've been travelling every other week since August, and every Lyft I get is rated a 5.0. Every single one. I'm wondering if the ratings even signify anything anymore.
No they don't. Ever since they started giving discounts to high rated people everyone rates everyone a 5. I did 4s forever until someone told me I was missing out on the Uber specials that they run in urban areas.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter

Fwiffo

Supporter
To be honest I thought Uber used to show the destination of the rider before you could choose to accept. I have had drivers who had to stop to buy fuel on my dime, or cancel multiple times because I was asking them to drive 100km into an urban city from a satellite city.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I had this strange Uber driver who showed up as completing a ride but was empty in front of me at the rail station. I hesitated to approach the vehicle to let the previous passenger out but he was actually finished with that rider. I get in and he drops me off at the office. Again he seemed to hold my ride after I exited and went up to my floor. At the end it was okay as I only paid $66 for a $75 ride. You would think someone would tell him to end the ride before looking for the next one even if you are stationary.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Now that I have the deaf Uber driver in this village again and the days are shorter, I noticed his car is heavily tinted. Again, when you are missing a sense then why do you handicap your one and only working sense?

Top Bottom