Review Of My Formosa Suit From NMWA

Noodles

The Formosa Suits via NMWA.
The incident that left a bitter taste in my mouth occurred when I purchased the "untouchable" Sartoria Formosa Minnis grey Fresco suit. It arrived at my office and I checked the tag before proceeding to my tailor's shop. Why didn't I try it on? This is where I am partly to blame. I already had ordered three suits in the same size so I didn't think it was necessary. I trusted NMWA and what it said on the tag. Second mistake occurred when I went to the tailor shop during lunch hour and I just handed the suit to the tailor and asked him to just replicate the sleeves and the trousers length using the Formosa suit that I was wearing. When I got it back and took some pictures I mentioned that the shoulders seem narrow. The NMWA sheep all chimed in and said that it was fine and that I was crazy. That's when I measured the shoulder length and found that it was 2 cm off. I took pictures of me measuring with the tape ruler. They questioned my methodology. There were a lot of criticisms towards me. Some said that I should talk to NMWA via PM instead of discussing it in public. At this point, I was pretty livid that NMWA sheep were jumping on me, Greg was questioning my measuring method, and at the fact that SF cannot accept a critique of their beloved Formosa. Anyways, I proceeded to measure the chest and found that it was off by 3 cm. Basically the jacket had all the measurements of a 48R when the tag on the jacket said 50R. NMWA's response was that they would have done something if I had not altered the suit. My response was that I trusted NMWA to better manage their products.

They should've taken it back, period, even with altered sleeves they'd have no problems selling it for a bit less. They have sales up to 50%, so I'm sure someone at SF would've bought it from them.

Even then, the fact that the first thing is him questioning your methodology is ridiculous. He should have apologised straight away, instead of blaming you. If you're selling 2k suits the least you can do is quickly confirm the shoulder, chest and trouser waist measurements before you send it out.

I'm only vaguely aware of things SF-related, as it didn't take me very long to get banned. Apologies for the noob question, but what is NMWA? I've googled it, but unless I'm much mistaken noodles isn't getting suits delivered from the National Museum of Women in the Arts.

I have seen enough to know you don't criticise favoured brands on SF. The fanbois will come at you like 3rd wave feminists who hear that someone's been clapping instead of using jazz hands.

FXH will surface on his own time since it is 14 o'clock in Oz.

I think we all would be interested in your take on the protected ones, NMWA and many others. We have discussed that here with respect to the cults of Formosa & Eidos (saving men's fashion one iGent at a time). We've discussed In Stitches fucked up cuff buttons on his Formosa and that nothing was said about how messed up it was except for IS posting some bullshit and deferring to Greg to answer and he took the fifth.
It's quite unbelievable. I sheep mentality.
I wish someone would have had the balls to say, "you don't look so good in that suit." But no one did, and I kept on moving forward with the belief that I looked good in the Formosa suits when in actuality it wasn't the right style for my body type. So I kept on continuing with my purchases. I now have four Formosa suits. Do they look like they're worth $2,000 on me? I do not think so. There are a few that look great in the Formosa suits but I am not one of them. To repeat what I said earlier, I just wish that SF posters had the balls to critique objectively no matter the brand and that they weren't so protective of certain brands and follow so blindly. Now, the blame shouldn't be placed on SF entirely. I was stupid and didn't do my own homework and just followed blindly.

They should've taken it back, period, even with altered sleeves they'd have no problems selling it for a bit less. They have sales up to 50%, so I'm sure someone at SF would've bought it from them.

Even then, the fact that the first thing is him questioning your methodology is ridiculous. He should have apologised straight away, instead of blaming you. If you're selling 2k suits the least you can do is quickly confirm the shoulder, chest and trouser waist measurements before you send it out.
As mentioned on SF, NMWA aka No Man Walks Alone aka Greg did offer to pay for any alteration on the shoulders. I went to my tailor and he said run from tailors who say they can work on the shoulders. The shoulders are not the only problem with this jacket. I received a 48R when I should have received a 50R. I did all the measurements and checked against NMWA website and it had all the measurements of a 48R.

As mentioned on SF, NMWA aka No Man Walks Alone aka Greg did offer to pay for any alteration on the shoulders. I went to my tailor and he said run from tailors who say they can work on the shoulders. The shoulders are not the only problem with this jacket. I received a 48R when I should have received a 50R. I did all the measurements and checked against NMWA website and it had all the measurements of a 48R.

Yeah, but he knew that you go to fields, and that no good tailor would end up doing that. Besides, how can you extend the shoulder when the fabric isn't there?

It was an empty gesture. Remember, Greg used to be an investment banker.

Yeah, but he knew that you go to fields, and that no good tailor would end up doing that. Besides, how can you extend the shoulder when the fabric isn't there?

It was an empty gesture. Remember, Greg used to be an investment banker.
So what I have at hand is a defective product. The jacket has all the measurements of a 48R but I ordered a 50R. I am going to look into what I can do legally to resolve this.

Just looked at the website (now I know who they are) - those suits aren't cheap. You'd expect good service standards if you're paying that kind of price off the rack.

It's quite unbelievable. I sheep mentality.
I wish someone would have had the balls to say, "you don't look so good in that suit." But no one did, and I kept on moving forward with the belief that I looked good in the Formosa suits when in actuality it wasn't the right style for my body type. So I kept on continuing with my purchases. I now have four Formosa suits. Do they look like they're worth $2,000 on me? I do not think so. There are a few that look great in the Formosa suits but I am not one of them. To repeat what I said earlier, I just wish that SF posters had the balls to critique objectively no matter the brand and that they weren't so protective of certain brands and follow so blindly. Now, the blame shouldn't be placed on SF entirely. I was stupid and didn't do my own homework and just followed blindly.

I think the first 3 look good on you man. The last one isn't as flattering. I do always find it odd that people talk of Affiliate Vendors as if they can do no wrong and every item they sell is a God-send.

So what I have at hand is a defective product. The jacket has all the measurements of a 48R but I ordered a 50R. I am going to look into what I can do legally to resolve this.
Sell it. And the other suits as well. Just wash your hands of NMWA and the SF sheep. And SF, if I can have my say in it :iamdetermined:

Nothing. Just sell it on SF. I'm sure you'll manage to get a good price for it.

Sell it. And the other suits as well. Just wash your hands of NMWA and the SF sheep. And SF, if I can have my say in it :iamdetermined:
Selling it is an option. I would like to look into legal remedies since I did receive something that I did not order.
But before I sell any one of them, I think it would be wise to find something that fits me well.

Bottom line is that even with the alterations, NMWA should have taken the auit back and made things right either by getting you the correct size or giving you a refund.

The sheeple thing is a whole different deal.

LOL. Every time I would say something about how different my latest acquisition looked, Greg kept on mentioning my camera angling issues. Well, it is the same angle that I shot other Formosa suits. So...camera angle is not the variable here.

Selling it is an option. I would like to look into legal remedies since I did receive something that I did not order.
But before I sell any one of them, I think it would be wise to find something that fits me well.
Definitely something we can help with.

What grates me the most about Greg is his defensiveness with how slow his site is, that people shouldn't complain waiting 15 seconds for a product page to load like back in 1998 on dial up. The French just aren't service oriented people.

Remember, Greg used to be an investment banker.

I investigate this Greg, will soon exposse and dismount him as tacky shill for worst untailors who profinate true style of Napoli. Even though Napoli is full of thiefs, that try charge to me 13 euro for small fish worth 2.5 euro.

He will learn lesson for sell unsleeves that would make a shame even worst untailor of Madrid (Madrid worse tailors in whole of world). Greg Lellouche? I call Greg Ledouche!

Jajajajajja!

There aren't any legal remedies though. Zero. You have worn the suit several times and there are pictures to document that, which I'm sure Greg has saved.

It would be in your best interest to just sell the suit. After that you can have the public discussion. Anything you do before selling it will only hurt the resale value, which would hurt your wallet. Just take some nice pictures and sell it as a 48R. I'm sure someone will pick it up. Suits with finished sleeves and trousers sell all the time.

After reading those 2 latest post in the GNAT I think it's safe to say that you will not be purchasing from NMWA anymore.

Your bank didn't ask you which transactions were legit?

This new history is very strange all around.
Nope. They just sent out confirm requests to all the vendors asking them to confirm. Greg didn't want to respond.

Monkeyface Monkeyface is right. Sell the suit - there should be a ton of people who wear that size on SF. That suit is famous, who would not want it if it fit?

Yes it was the wrong size but you went and altered it and wore it. Sucks but that is the way it is.

I am disappointed though that you perpetrate shenanigans. How could you? Shit has to be pretty bad when someone has to dig that word up!

Noodles is a shenaniganer. Shenaniganist?

Yes, selling seems to be the only remedy here. I am telling him that he sent me a mislabeled item.

Retardation and shenanigans. What is this world coming to?

45751-tumblrmcvay6d7Lb1r1ukqvo1r1500-YsZQ.gif

Your bank didn't ask you which transactions were legit?

This new history is very strange all around.

My bank has canceled stuff as well without asking me. American banks are weird.

One of the banks I use (in the UK) does the same. It seems they occasionally have a spasm of security-consciousness, and cancel / block all sorts of stuff.

They go full retard when they do it - one of the blocked payments was to Benson & Clegg. That's right, Benson & Clegg, by appointment to HRH etc etc suppliers of gilt buttons and military neck wear. I mean, what is the likelihood of the kind of person who steals credit card details wanting to shop there?

Yes, selling seems to be the only remedy here. I am telling him that he sent me a mislabeled item.

It's bad that they have labelled an item incorrectly. Whether that invalidates the sale I don't know - I think it possibly could in the UK, but the rules are probably different in the US. If it was my business, with a good customer who has a high profile in an important marketing environment like SF, I'd make sure I kept him happy and try to turn him into an evangelist for my shop.

In the circumstances I'd sell for whatever I could get for it. Then I would troll the fuck out of Ledouche, forever. Does SF check IP to see if you've been banned / are using socks (not those kind of socks, nobody uses that kind on SF)? If so, get a proxy or a hidden IP, and troll his thread. If I saw one positive thing on that thread, I'd be on the motherfucker like a tramp on chips.

We need to invite Greg over here. Wish we could resolve issues trial by combat vis a vis GoT, I'd proxy fight Fok(Greg) for noodles.

Read the Sartodi dictionary in MC. Algernon is going a little heavy with the Sartodi-isms for a newbie.

It's the best way to learn. I was hit with thirst on my first picture post.

Never looked back, and am a better man for the experience.

I think at the very least you should get him to acknowledge that. The best he did was say there could be differences between older and newer models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom