Ridiculous Stories In The News

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter

"But ever since the software that runs it failed on Aug. 24, 2021, the lights in the Springfield suburbs school have been on continuously, costing taxpayers a small fortune.

That, in part, is because the high school uses highly efficient fluorescent and LED bulbs, he said. And, when possible, teachers have manually removed bulbs from fixtures in classrooms while staffers have shut off breakers not connected to the main system to douse some of the exterior lights."

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Pink Floyd gone woke

7AAC0D4F-CA14-4B96-8ACA-60836D1EE750.jpeg

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter

"His brother, Sami Safi, a U.S. citizen living in Texas following his service as an interpreter for U.S. forces in Afghanistan, has been fiercely advocating for his brother’s release."

"...his brother was ineligible for a Special Immigrant Visa given to many Afghans who served with U.S. forces because he was not paid directly by the U.S.

Wasi Safi said he served as a special forces intelligence officer in the Afghan National Security Forces."

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Years ago when my son was around 6 or 7 we shifted to regional Victoria ( Bendigo) for a few years and he went to a new school. First day teacher - as was the custom - asked each kid their preferred name - eg Droppy, Mr Bear, Drop Bear, Patrick, Pat, Paddy etc - my kid said "Dick Tracy".
Teacher said - "That's not what I meant" - he said:: "But you let all the other kids choose their preferred name" - Teacher shrugged and said "OK" - after a couple of weeks she said - its too hard can we revert to your given name.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Years ago when my son was around 6 or 7 we shifted to regional Victoria ( Bendigo) for a few years and he went to a new school. First day teacher - as was the custom - asked each kid their preferred name - eg Droppy, Mr Bear, Drop Bear, Patrick, Pat, Paddy etc - my kid said "Dick Tracy".
Teacher said - "That's not what I meant" - he said:: "But you let all the other kids choose their preferred name" - Teacher shrugged and said "OK" - after a couple of weeks she said - its too hard can we revert to your given name.
Same thing happened to me. First day of grade 5 the teacher asked if we had a preferred name. I said Steve (after the six million dollar man). An hour later we are doing a class and the teacher asks a question of Steve and I blankly look ahead. He went back to my given name after that 🤣

Top Bottom