Ridiculous Stories In The News

"But ever since the software that runs it failed on Aug. 24, 2021, the lights in the Springfield suburbs school have been on continuously, costing taxpayers a small fortune.

That, in part, is because the high school uses highly efficient fluorescent and LED bulbs, he said. And, when possible, teachers have manually removed bulbs from fixtures in classrooms while staffers have shut off breakers not connected to the main system to douse some of the exterior lights."

Pink Floyd gone woke

7AAC0D4F-CA14-4B96-8ACA-60836D1EE750.jpeg

"His brother, Sami Safi, a U.S. citizen living in Texas following his service as an interpreter for U.S. forces in Afghanistan, has been fiercely advocating for his brother’s release."

"...his brother was ineligible for a Special Immigrant Visa given to many Afghans who served with U.S. forces because he was not paid directly by the U.S.

Wasi Safi said he served as a special forces intelligence officer in the Afghan National Security Forces."

Years ago when my son was around 6 or 7 we shifted to regional Victoria ( Bendigo) for a few years and he went to a new school. First day teacher - as was the custom - asked each kid their preferred name - eg Droppy, Mr Bear, Drop Bear, Patrick, Pat, Paddy etc - my kid said "Dick Tracy".
Teacher said - "That's not what I meant" - he said:: "But you let all the other kids choose their preferred name" - Teacher shrugged and said "OK" - after a couple of weeks she said - its too hard can we revert to your given name.

Years ago when my son was around 6 or 7 we shifted to regional Victoria ( Bendigo) for a few years and he went to a new school. First day teacher - as was the custom - asked each kid their preferred name - eg Droppy, Mr Bear, Drop Bear, Patrick, Pat, Paddy etc - my kid said "Dick Tracy".
Teacher said - "That's not what I meant" - he said:: "But you let all the other kids choose their preferred name" - Teacher shrugged and said "OK" - after a couple of weeks she said - its too hard can we revert to your given name.
Same thing happened to me. First day of grade 5 the teacher asked if we had a preferred name. I said Steve (after the six million dollar man). An hour later we are doing a class and the teacher asks a question of Steve and I blankly look ahead. He went back to my given name after that 🤣

-Former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. has requested his 14-year prison sentence be reduced with the argument that the physical trauma he sustained while playing football entitles him to a shorter stay behind bars under a new California law, according to USA Today's Brent Schrotenboer.

-The former Cleveland Browns first-round draft pick and Pro Bowler received his 14-year sentence in March 2021 under a plea arrangement that saw Winslow convicted of forcible rape, rape of an unconscious person, assault with intent to commit rape, indecent exposure and lewd conduct in public. He had originally been facing life in prison.

giphy.gif

“I’m German and British, and her father was Calabrese Italian. She’s chosen to live a lie, and I find that very, very sad.”

It's like the opposite of Berlusconi saying Obama was well tanned.

The south can be quite dark. I know my Arab co-workers always betted one southern Mediterranean woman or another has DNA from the Arab/Muslim conquests.

She might be hitting the age limit where he needs to move on like Di Caprio.

"The lawmaker - who has been nicknamed 'No-show MP'- is believed to be living in the United Arab Emirates.

He has so far refused to attend parliament because he fears being arrested over fraud allegations, and defamation claims from celebrities, Japanese media reported."

If only they were still doing remote working...

-She said: "I'm not saying I'm guilty but I know I have done wrong on some of this and I'm sorry. I'm devastated at the trouble that has been caused in Barrow. If I knew what consequences would have come from that status I never would have posted it."

That's brave. Given I know a one year old who doesn't even want to take a sip.

"Caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati announced that daylight saving would begin at the end of Ramadan next month, allowing Muslims to break their daily fast earlier.

But Christian authorities said they would change the clocks on the last Sunday in March, as happens most years."

As if nations doing half hour changes or completely ignoring the change relative to their close neighbours because of political or woke reasons was not enough.

"Middle East Airlines, the national carrier, decided on a compromise. It said its clocks and other devices would stay in winter time but its flight times would be adjusted to avoid disrupting international schedules."

Showing up to a gate an hour late because you are stuck in your own fantasy timezone would be frowned upon.

Meanwhile flight crews do mental math like people who deliberately set their clocks five minutes in advance.

Too bad that doesn’t include that crippled former Congressman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom