Roe vs. Wade Overturned By The Supreme Court. No more abobo's in religious land.

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
figured we should have a separate thread on this so pimpy can tell us there was once a doctor who had babies in jars and that's what ruined it for all women forever. take that, cunts.

It really is unbelievable that this is America. But at the end of the day the country is still 'new'. Don't forget that in Puritanical Cromwellian Britain that EVERYTHING was banned and church attendance was mandatory. America will come to its senses. Hope so anyway.

23875434-E169-4CA4-8C1A-902AF0076DC1.jpeg

It's not ruined, it's handed power back to the individual states. It's not a blanket ban on abortion, or the end of democracy.
Bullshit.

That was the same argument used to justify slavery 160 years ago, now being used to control women’s bodies. Federal law protects the liberty of the individual against state oppression, which was the basis of Roe v Wade for 50 years - until Trump packed the court with more rapists and extremists.

It really is unbelievable that this is America. But at the end of the day the country is still 'new'. Don't forget that in Puritanical Cromwellian Britain that EVERYTHING was banned and church attendance was mandatory. America will come to its senses. Hope so anyway.

I hope so too, but I think things will get worse before they get better:

It's not ruined, it's handed power back to the individual states. It's not a blanket ban on abortion, or the end of democracy.
But a Constitutional right has been removed. Previously there was a 'blanket' Federal right. That has gone.

Thankfully, counties in England and Wales do not have individual laws although some Scottish laws vary from those of England and Wales.

Don’t go saying that in Cornwall.
Very interesting. I suspected there would be some grey areas.

But ,as I said earlier, America is really a new country; an amalgamation of states that were relatively recently at war with one another.

The British were colonised by the Romans for a longer period of time than the United States has been in existence, and yet the tribal conflict that emerged again when the Romans pulled out only ended when the Angles and Saxons came to put some order back into the land of the painted people.

With the prevalence of tattoos on the UK it's likely that a fair bit of that 'Petrani' DNA is still flowing. Thank goodness that Cornwall is an exception, and that their lovely pasties, invented to feed those tin miners, can allow us to forgive them.

Last edited:
Just to be clear abortion access was never in the constitution. It was just a Supreme Court decided law, which is why it was so easy to overturn.
Not explicitly, but for the last 50 years it’s been understood that that whole freedom and liberty thing extended to bodily autonomy and reproductive rights.

Not explicitly, but for the last 50 years it’s been understood that that whole freedom and liberty thing extended to bodily autonomy and reproductive rights.
i will argue with this framing as well. for the past 50 years its been understood that this is simply a law. don't forget they were bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors before i hit my teens. the entire operational framework of the republican party, roughly half this country, has been to do everything they can to repeal this law.

The British were colonised by the Romans for a longer period of time than the United States has been in existence, and yet the tribal conflict that emerged again when the Romans pulled out only ended when the Angles and Saxons came to put some order back into the land of the painted people.

With the prevalence of tattoos on the UK it's likely that a fair bit of that 'Petrani' DNA is still flowing. Thank goodness that Cornwall is an exception, and that their lovely pasties, invented to feed those tin miners, can allow us to forgive them.
There wasn't that much inter-breeding with the Romans and hence when they left it all kicked-off again.

My surname is Cornish and my eldest did one of those DNA tests and surprisingly, no Anglo-Saxon ancestry at all, it was all good Celtic stock from Cornwall, Scotland, Ireland and then Jewish, Balkans and a smidgen of Slavic.
i will argue with this framing as well. for the past 50 years its been understood that this is simply a law. don't forget they were bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors before i hit my teens. the entire operational framework of the republican party, roughly half this country, has been to do everything they can to repeal this law.
Well, there's been bombings and murders on the other side too.

So half the country is against abortion. That's interesting.

The body autonomy argument, etc, I get, but there comes a time when the foetus is human life and has rights too. The right, not to be killed in late stage abortions.

The penalty for aborting a foetus after being raped is now more sever than for being the rapist in some states. Meanwhile, only 8% of Americans share this absolutist anti-choice view.

Well, there's been bombings and murders on the other side too.
no there weren't

So half the country is against abortion. That's interesting.
no half the country is republican, more or less. pro-choice is about 70-75% popularity last poll i checked. being republican doesn't necessarily mean you're pro-life although its obviously a strong correlation.

The body autonomy argument, etc, I get
excellent. end of argument. if you get bodily autonomy then you should shut the fuck up about it and let women do what they need to do with their bodies. full stop.

At the end of the day, it has to be a woman's right to choose.

On top of that, do we really want back street abortionists getting back into business with their knitting needles?

The best solution of course is readily available contraception and that might include teaching boys how to properly use a condom.

Bullshit.

That was the same argument used to justify slavery 160 years ago, now being used to control women’s bodies. Federal law protects the liberty of the individual against state oppression, which was the basis of Roe v Wade for 50 years - until Trump packed the court with more rapists and extremists.
This is where it starts to go wrong doesn't? Slavery is not comparable to a pregnant menstruating person or a womxn as Michelle Obama likes to call women now.

This is where it starts to go wrong doesn't? Slavery is not comparable to a pregnant menstruating person or a womxn as Michelle Obama likes to call women now.

This statement says a lot more about your biases than what you think adds to the conversation or succeeds in making a point.

This was the law pre-Dobbs. Just so we have don’t fall into sensational fake news framing:
7F535941-E874-44CF-9173-F043CF32028A.png

Sensational news framing?
Our friends abroad and some at home seem to be under the impression that America always has and will now have more restrictive abortion laws than other places because of the way it is presented by the media. Even after this decision, the vast majority of Americans will live in states with less restrictive abortion laws than European countries.

So the narrative that the U.S. is so retrograde on this issue and this is such a crisis is complete hogwash. It’s is completely disingenuous. On the other hand, guns are another story…

if abortion=democracy Uncle Sam will still be more “democratic“ than Europe

Our friends abroad and some at home seem to be under the impression that America always has and will now have more restrictive abortion laws than other places because of the way it is presented by the media. Even after this decision, the vast majority of Americans will live in states with less restrictive abortion laws than European countries.

So the narrative that the U.S. is so retrograde on this issue and this is such a crisis is complete hogwash. It’s is completely disingenuous. On the other hand, guns are another story…

if abortion=democracy Uncle Sam will still be more “democratic“ than Europe
In a more enlightened future age, there may be scientific evidence that late term abortions as practiced in most of the USA is termination of a human life i.e. murder. What then the enraged liberal tears? They'll find themselves on the wrong side of history, their music, films, political legacy, whatever, erased.

In a more enlightened future age, there may be scientific evidence that late term abortions as practiced in most of the USA is termination of a human life i.e. murder.
yes in our communist utopia star trek future things will be much better and we shall look back at our time in disgust. but until then we'll just have abortions and these little sacks of gloop will go down the drain where they belong.

What then the enraged liberal tears?
will we have evolved beyond tear ducts in our communist utopia star trek future? who can truly say?

They'll find themselves on the wrong side of history, their music, films, political legacy, whatever, erased.
i'm sure that in our communist utopia star trek future they will have developed the means to restore all the recordings that had been lost to this era of time. this isn't something you should really worry yourself with. they have machines that can create food. i'm sure they'll have some kind of DVD type thingy.

In a more enlightened future age, there may be scientific evidence that late term abortions as practiced in most of the USA is termination of a human life i.e. murder. What then the enraged liberal tears? They'll find themselves on the wrong side of history, their music, films, political legacy, whatever, erased.
Less than 1% of abortion are done in the third trimester (and usually for valid medical reasons), so this is just another bullshit strawman argument used to justify regulating women’s bodies, criminalising anyone seeking or performing a common medical procedure and pushing thousands into unsafe and unregulated backstreet abortions. And now that it will require travel on an Underground Railroad to free states, you can expect a lot more late term abortions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom