Sartorial Stories In The News

Kingstonian

I see similarities between Foot and Corbyn. Both are old school Labour whether you like that or not. Corbyn is far less doddery though.

Pimpernel Smith

I see similarities between Foot and Corbyn. Both are old school Labour whether you like that or not. Corbyn is far less doddery though.
I don't, based on the Malvinas question. Foot, 100% behind Thatcher for the war and liberation of the Falkland Islands, could we say the same for Corbyn? I doubt it.

Kingstonian

Similar ages when leader of Labour Party. However, Foot was already decrepit, half blind and prone to rambling speechs. So Corbyn has the better of him on that comparison. Foot was an embarrassment whereas Corbyn - to his surprise - has a fan club.

Pimpernel Smith

The bibliography of Michael Foot:
  • Cato (pen name), Guilty Men, Left Book Club (1940)
  • Cassius (pen name), Brendan and Beverley, Victor Gollancz (1940)
  • Cassius (pen name), The trial of Mussolini, Victor Gollancz (1943)
  • The Pen and the Sword, MacGibbon and Kee (1957) ISBN 0-261-61989-6
  • Aneurin Bevan, MacGibbon and Kee (volume 1:1962) (volume 2:1973) ISBN 0-261-61508-4
  • Debts of Honour, Harper and Row (1981) ISBN 0-06-039001-8
  • Another Heart and Other Pulses, Collins (1984) ISBN 978-0-00-217256-1.
  • H. G.: The History of Mr Wells, Doubleday (1985) ISBN 978-1-887178-04-4
  • Loyalists and Loners, Collins (1986) ISBN 978-0-00-217583-8
  • Politics of Paradise, HarperCollins (1989) ISBN 0-06-039091-3
  • "Introduction" in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, Penguin (1967)
  • '"Bevan's Message to the World"' in Geoffrey Goodman's (editor) The State of the Nation: The Political Legacy of Aneurin Bevan, Gollancz (1997)
  • "Introduction" in Bertrand Russell's Autobiography, Routledge (1998)
  • Dr Strangelove, I Presume, Gollancz (1999)
  • & Brian Brivati (editor), The Uncollected Michael Foot, Politicos Publishing (2003) ISBN 978-1-84275-096-4
  • 'Foreword' in Greg Rosen's Old Labour to New, Methuen Publishing (2005) ISBN 978-1-84275-045-2
  • Isaac Foot: A West Country Boy – Apostle of England, Politicos Publishing (2006) ISBN 978-1-84275-181-7
The bibliography of Corbyn is completely empty, but he did win the Parliamentary ''Beard of the Year Award'' six times in a row.

Scherensammler

Here's a bit of gossip:

Seems Hitchcock Jr. was a bit of an a-hole when he was still at his old address.
"Rumour" has it that he thought of himself to be more important than the other tailors in the same place, demanding preferential treatment when it came to using the fitting room.
Eventually the other tailors had enough of that and kicked him out. Now he's back to where he started.
Funny enough: On Google maps you can still see his old company sign at No. 13 Savile Row.

Lumpen

our Doll S a rto might retire from business, check his last 3 post on the other place.

How can I do a pool poll to ask if he should retire or continue? Please post your thoughts, or he has been hacked and some other is posting his post, or he seems another.

Jan Libourel

am i the only one that found this creepy as fuck? stop whispering at me bitch.
Missed this one when it was current. Good Lord, that chick comes across like she is working in a high dollar erotic massage joint rather than a tailoring establishment.

Pimpernel Smith

Really? Will this affect the SF resale market?
All those high street retailers are in rapid decline and cannot compete against online and the outlet villages. From the States to Europe it's the same terminal affliction. I see in the center of the Hague they are now replacing stores with residential and restaurants where the shops use to be. I see this trend as continuing, but the problem is lack of car park space. The demographic who's looking for an expensive apartment or town building in a pedestrian area with zero parking space must quite small.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
I think Barney's filed for Bankruptcy due to rising in rent and inability to restructure the contract.

Barney's does have some good exclusive pieces. I hope there is liquidation sale coming soon.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
Barney's does promote new designers as well for the mass population, so I hope this is not the end for them

Pimpernel Smith

Jailbirds and peacocks:

Top Bottom