Shoes: Distorted Reality

Betelgeuse

Waiting For The Cleaning Lady To Get Naked
Supporter
So my Cuadra shoes are "ugly as fuck", "atrocities" and whatever you want... but these are "f**king awesome", "beautiful shoes" and a lot of things more... I don't understand, can someone please explain?

500x1000px-LL-6538b32c_g23.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-13d47599_DSCF2169.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-35e0559e_DSCF2191.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-dc57286c_DSCF2472.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-91cd75d0_DSCF2456.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-7df3ffe0_DSCF1493.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-2de99431_ART_13.jpeg

I rather use this hedious, atrocious cowboy boots

861_2h54nl_imagen.jpg

Or this lizard boots

561_g06ltab_imagen.jpg

Than this boots...

500x1000px-LL-3076cfda_DSCF2469.jpeg

Not all of them are bad, IMO, this look very nice

500x1000px-LL-086a28bc_art-38.jpeg

But if you want to see some other, go here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/316071/antonio-meccariello-shoes

Hahaha no seriously, I want to know, where is the beauty of those shoes? :annoyed:

Who would be brave enough to say or post that image on SF? :LOLguy:

Who would be brave enough to say or post that image on SF? :LOLguy:
Is that what we're using this forum for? A staging ground for SF posts? Come on...
Is Cuadra very popular in Mexico City? Do people wear these shoes?
Let me tell you, you would be fucking amazed at the shit that Mexican's will wear on their feet and call fancy footwear.

Umm yeah, everything's relative I guess. I have no idea what 's up with the brocaded welt thing and the running board soles need to be tamed in a bit.

Is Cuadra very popular in Mexico City? Do people wear these shoes?

Nop. Cause people wants to buy Ferragamo or Gucci or Louis Vuitton. Their excuse is not construction or something like that, it the brand, the price what matters the most. And another fair percentage of people only buy black shoes to use with everything.

Is that what we're using this forum for? A staging ground for SF posts? Come on...

Sorry dude, it was not my intention. :challengefailed:

It was intended as a joke, something like that.

Umm yeah, everything's relative I guess. I have no idea what 's up with the brocaded welt thing and the running board soles need to be tamed in a bit.

Agree.

Well made shoes and beautiful shoes are two different things. Meccariello is well made and oftentimes beautiful, although not always.

Those two pairs of boots you posted doesn't look as well made, definitely not ugly, but nowhere close to beautiful.

Agree. And please don't take this as a justification to the Mexican shoes or an attack or something like that, I not an expert on shoes, so that's why I asked "where's the beauty on this shoes" and would appreacite if knowledge can be shared.

As far as I know those made in Mexico are goodyear welted, stitched by hand (the famous "fatto a mano"), painted by hand, in most of their shoes. The other shoes are 100% made by hand. Consider that they are made in León, a state in which the minimum salary is $50 pesos per hour, so the workmanship is very very cheap compared to something being made in Napoli.

I think I have the answer, Napoli vs León, year of experience vs not so many years of experience. But would like to hear everybody's thoughts.

Yes, Betelgeuse Betelgeuse , I'd venture that none of the shoes in your OP are "beautiful" so don't feel bad. Your cuadras look far superior to those in wearability

Hahaha. :LOLguy:

I also think there is a limit, the Novegrese o Novergese or whtever it is called, look fantastic in some shoes, but sometimes in the pics above, it's too much.

This are nice:

tumblr_mpu11rgnsA1rjrq3ko1_1280.jpg

Those doesn't look bad, I only looked the first page, tho.

No. That is just a normal Norwegian construction with braiding sewing the upper and insole together, single lock stitching (or hand lock stitching) the upper to the mid sole, and regular machine stitched mid sole to double leather out sole.

There's no welt in a Norwegian construction though some English makers do add a welt strip for an sleeker Norwegian welted construction.
Maybe its the pic, but it looked extra thick there. That's why I asked. Thank you for the correction on the construction. I should be less flip with my terminology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom