Shortages & The Failure of the Supply Chain

"The country of Lebanon, 50%, give or take, of their grains, come from Ukraine. Yemen, Syria, Tunisia - and I could go on and on - depend on the country of Ukraine as a breadbasket,"

I'm positive there is some preferential pricing to be arranged between Russia and Syria or through a friendly proxy like China or India.

Apparently Shenzen went into full lockdown. Byebye supply chain! Probably will never get my new car...

Flour you can get at the new expat shop in the mall of the Netherlands.

There's a shortage of cans and cardboard. There's some disruption to canned drinks. Some empty spaces, where Zero Coke should be.

Last edited:

From the first Western economy to open up after coronavirus and grow to sanctions and inflation crippling the British to be the bottom of G7 growth in 2023 and bottom of G20 except for Russia...here come the post war rations again.

From the first Western economy to open up after coronavirus and grow to sanctions and inflation crippling the British to be the bottom of G7 growth in 2023 and bottom of G20 except for Russia...here come the post war rations again.
It's not rationing when you can't get it. You can't get sunflower oil here in the Netherlands. It's all gone and it's not coming back anytime soon.

It's not rationing when you can't get it. You can't get sunflower oil here in the Netherlands. It's all gone and it's not coming back anytime soon.

Wait let me guess. You'll use the famous President Biden phrase to explain everything these days..."Talk to Putin."

Wait let me guess. You'll use the famous President Biden phrase to explain everything these days..."Talk to Putin."
Talk to Putin? No, I wouldn't talk to that lizard. He needs to be countered at the psychic level.

He's a dying man in league with Satan, quite literally, why else would he call his new weapon after his sponsor?

He needs to be dealt with as such. I'm afraid the avenues of jaw-jaw are well and truly closed.

We're dealing with evil and we need to engage as such.

Our subsidiary (developer and producer of automotive electronics & mechatronics) is downsizing production from 24/7 to 24/5. We're still 2300 people strong but who knows how much that'll last.

The European automotive industry supply networks, which were first hit by the corona then semiconductor crisis, are now almost shattered and it'll take a lot of time to rebuild. Our OEM customers (name almost all European car makers) cancel orders, postpone indefinitely delivery dates, take models out of production ... Our big mandarins from all corners of the world meet next week to write the papyrus for the next 7 lean years.

Last edited:
Our subsidiary (developer and producer of automotive electronics & mechatronics) is downsizing production from 24/7 to 24/5. We're still 2300 people strong but who knows how much that'll last.

The European automotive industry supply networks, which were first hit by the corona then semiconductor crisis, are now almost shattered and it'll take a lot of time to rebuild. Our OEM customers (name almost all European car makers) cancel orders, postpone indefinitely delivery dates, take models out of production ... Our big mandarins from all corners of the world meet next week to write the papyrus for the next 7 lean years.
To me, the whole buy a new combustion engine car is up in the air. How long can you use it for and once those speed regulator chips come in, well what's the point of a performance car? You'll be stuck with the rest of pack. And electric cars double expensive to buy, charge and then there's range issues, among several others.

To me, the whole buy a new combustion engine car is up in the air. How long can you use it for and once those speed regulator chips come in, well what's the point of a performance car? You'll be stuck with the rest of pack. And electric cars double expensive to buy, charge and then there's range issues, among several others.
1st car - combustion 4 range
2nd car - electric 4 city
Lot of colleagues do that.

I for one made the down payment for a gasoline/GPL. But as mechanical parts were outsourced to Russkyland - delivery is already 1 month behind schedule.

Last edited:
1st car - combustion 4 range
2nd car - electric 4 city
Lot of colleagues do that.

I for one made the down payment for a gasoline/GPL. But as mechanical parts were outsourced to Russkyland - delivery is already 1 month behind schedule.
If you can afford it.

Most people I know go for electric cars for status and in the past, tax rebates and the Tesla we'll buy it back for so much in 4 years or whatever it was. The tax rebates are gone and no one is buying Tesla's here anymore and the word is out: if you've got a hybrid plug-in, don't use it, stick with the petrol or diesel engine.

I do like the idea of electric cars, but sometimes, you need a vehicle to get you half way across a continent before the cops and authorities realize you've left town. You need a good 12-14 hrs hard on the road benzedrine fuelled driving for that.

Since we went on the Tesla waitlist four months ago, the price has gone up $6k. Demand is so high and the wailist so long that people are flipping them as soon as they are delivered, selling them for above current retail.

"The German city of Hanover has turned off the heating and switched to cold showers in all public buildings because of the Russian gas crisis.

It's the first big city to turn off the hot water after Russia dramatically reduced Germany's gas supply.

Germans have been told to expect sweeping gas reduction measures and extra charges on their energy bills.

In a bid to save energy, Germany's northern city of Hanover has decided hot water will no longer be available for hand washing in public buildings, or in showers at swimming pools, sports halls and gyms.

Public fountains are also being switched off to save energy, and there will be no night-time lights on major buildings such as the town hall and museums.

The rules apply to heating, too. Public buildings will not have any heating from April to the end of September each year, with room temperatures limited to a maximum of 20C for the rest of the year - with some exemptions.

The city is also banning portable air conditioners, heaters and radiators."

If the war doesn't end we'll need SpaceX to think of something to raid another celestial body for this.
Don't worry Fwiffs, Saskatchewan is rife with helium exploration. We only have 1% of the world's supply but it will be 10% in 8 years.

_128004854_gettyimages-1448467314-594x594.jpg

Looks pretty much like our shelves. Which country became the low cost producer of this stuff again?

I just walked by some absolutely gorgeous tomatoes yesterday that made me wonder where they could come from. So red and vibrant.

"If we planted tomatoes, peppers and aubergines in December, we would be picking now."
"And if we planted cucumbers in the first week of January like we normally do, we'd be picking on Valentines Day as usual."

You can grow tomatoes in Great Britain in December?

"If we planted tomatoes, peppers and aubergines in December, we would be picking now."
"And if we planted cucumbers in the first week of January like we normally do, we'd be picking on Valentines Day as usual."

You can grow tomatoes in Great Britain in December?
I guess they do it like the Netherlands: heated greenhouses with artificial lighting. Parts of rural NL look like Heathrow at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom